2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Freeform gradient feedback

1. Not working at all on compound shapes

2. After selecting an object some stops disappear

3. When copying the gradient to a smaller shapes some stops disappear. I know that the stops that are outside the shape will disappear, but would be nice if the gradient scaled down or something to fit in the new shape.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Templates created do not store color profile attribution

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start a new document

2. Use the menu Edit -> Assign Profile...

3. Assign a profile to the document, such as Working CMYK

4. Save this document as a template (.ait)

5. Open the template file just created

6. This new document will not have a color profile assigned

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Freeform Gradient Save swatch option

The new freeform gradient option is awesome addition to Adobe. However, it would be extremely convenient to be able to save our freeform gradients.

Also, it seems to have issues editing as well. Can we please revisit this and troubleshoot the issues?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Additional transparency feature to Gradient Tool

Would be nice if the Gradient Tool would function more like the one in photoshop.

Mainly the ability to set different opacity values separately from the colour values. Not once I found myself changing my gradient shades in order to get the required transparency effect.

In addition, it would be nice to have the variant gradient selection photoshop offers, such as Radial, Reflective, and Diamond.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Simple Color Swap in entire document by selecting two global swatches

It would be wonderful if possible to swap global swatches by selecting two swatches and swap them in the entire document. The same way it it already possible to merge them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shiftキーを押してもグラデーションが垂直固定されない。

Shiftキーを押しながらグラデーションをかける際、垂直固定されない。

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Points on Freeform gradient do not snap.

Points on freeform gradient should be allowed to snap.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. default web presets proof cmyk

When selecting an RBG default, which should be basically Anything for screens, the default is still set to CMYK Web coated SWOP for preview.
    It seems the only way you can actually get things to look ok is to set the preview to proof colors ON, and have it set to Monitor RGB. This also seems dumb because I'm working in an RGB document. What ICC profile is Illustrator using when proof colors are off?
    Coworkers keep asking why things look so different in their browser. Well, it's because they're looking at their colors in illustrator pretty darn desaturated.

Can…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow to sort swatches by Hue, Saturation, Luminosity and other values

Right now AI allow to globally sort swatches by name and kind. It is not enough though.
    1. I need to sort each group in it's own way (automatically) — thefeore I need context menu to work with color groups with needed options
    2. I need more sorting parameters
    3. I need each group to remember sorting and have a checkmark near it in said context menus
    I guess it could also be tucked in palette menu, but I can't give you a way to keep compatibility with current global sorting behavior.
    Please figure this out.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sampling colors outside of Illustrator (eyedropper)

Getting color from the outside windows through the dripping tool is not working on new internet browsers. (Chrome, Edge ...)
    There is a problem when trying to get color samples through new internet browsers.

Sometimes it works on Internet Explorer.

It still works on the desktop and some other windows.

Test system:
    Illustrator 2018 64 Bit
    Windows 10 64 Bit

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2460261#

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Update pantone libray please

As a paying customer Adobe shoul update the new Pantone library without purchasing it from pantone!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to turn off swatches automatic naming by color

Swatches get named by the color code automatically. This ends up conflicts with swatches with same color definition. Even in preview mode in global swatch I get message that same name exists. Really annoying and I have to name swatch 'asdfasfdasdf' mostly.

Suggestion: Option turn off naming by color, but name like swatch 1, swatch 2.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Discard all Overprints

I work specifically in digital prepress for POP displays, and never use overprinting at all. Removing overprinting from a document can be a hassle as I work with documents that almost always contain a mix of solid objects, linked raster images and other things. I consider myself extremely lucky when I find a document that I can easily remove all overprints from in one go

Illustrator already has a "Discard white overprints" in the document setup (although I rarely use this menu). We should either have a menu option to remove all overprints from a document, or at least an…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recent Colors, Colors Normalization, Color Auto-Palette

I'd love for 2 new swatches to become available, and a new feature. The first swatch would be "recent colors" and be auto-generated, showing similar colors grouped. It would have the option to auto-merge similar colors together, and also the ability to adjust 1 color and have it change instances of that color in the art. The second swatches would be an auto-generated group called a "palette/scheme" and this would make it easy to copy color for various css code

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Metadata on ASE

For me and many designers, color is an asset with information associated with it that I need to follow this asset as it moves from different design programs. With metadata attached to file, I would be able to utilize the features in InDesign and other programs to auto populate this information into text fields. Additionally if this metadata ASE file was a library shared between many users and the any of the tagged information on a color was changed, this update would shoot out to any documents using this color. It would reduce:
    -errors by relying on one source of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have swatch tooltips show actual CMYK or RGB values

I'd like the swatch tooltips to show the actual CMYK/RGB/HSB etc. values instead of the user created name. Or, at least have the "Name with Color Value" checkbox, like InDesign does.

In a document where i have numerous color values that can sometimes be one percentage point of difference from another, this would be helpful in grouping them and then merging those near identical colors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Search field in Graphic Styles palette

I draw comics, and use Graphic Styles a lot. They let me give names to anything from flat fills to complex appearance stacks with multiple fills, strokes, and effects.

But once I've loaded in the styles for a full page, with multiple characters, background parts, and whatnot, the Graphic Styles palette starts to get pretty unwieldy. The attached screenshot is the entire height of my laptop screen; note how small the slider handle is!

I've put effort into giving all of these sensible names. It'd be lovely to be able to use that by having a search bar at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edit Gradient Color handle (double click) - always sticks/switch back to document color mode

When I'm trying to edit gradient color handle (double click), and switch color mode to eg. HSB, from top-right menu, after editing the handle color again it's always switch back to document color mode specific. Example - I'm working on RGB color mode and I want to make few gradients that differ in brightness and saturation. The easiest way to manipulate the colors is with HSB handlers, so I change the edit color mode (the tooltip menu after you double click the specyfic color on the gradient bar - similar to color window) to HSB from the top-right mini-menu, but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Drop shadow can't use global color swatches

Drop shadow's color can be set to global swatch, but is doesn't stick to the effect, it only got sampled. So when you change your global swatch, shadow remains colored with previous color.
    Please, make Drop shadow and other raster effects use global swatches for real.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. A remotely usable gradient tool...

Let say I have a colour I want to use in a creative clould library. I want to use it as a base colour for a gradient, maybe I'll fade up to slightly lighter at the top. Not sure yet, I'm designing something, so I want to experiment when I work. I haven't decided on what colours to use yet, you know, because I'm designing. So what's the workflow to tell Illustrator about the gradient.

The current user experience.....

1. Select the object

2. Set the fill colour to gradient

3. Change the direction to vertical. (How often does anybody ever need a…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base