When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Have swatch tooltips show actual CMYK or RGB values

I'd like the swatch tooltips to show the actual CMYK/RGB/HSB etc. values instead of the user created name. Or, at least have the "Name with Color Value" checkbox, like InDesign does.

In a document where i have numerous color values that can sometimes be one percentage point of difference from another, this would be helpful in grouping them and then merging those near identical colors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search field in Graphic Styles palette

I draw comics, and use Graphic Styles a lot. They let me give names to anything from flat fills to complex appearance stacks with multiple fills, strokes, and effects.

But once I've loaded in the styles for a full page, with multiple characters, background parts, and whatnot, the Graphic Styles palette starts to get pretty unwieldy. The attached screenshot is the entire height of my laptop screen; note how small the slider handle is!

I've put effort into giving all of these sensible names. It'd be lovely to be able to use that by having a search bar at…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit Gradient Color handle (double click) - always sticks/switch back to document color mode

When I'm trying to edit gradient color handle (double click), and switch color mode to eg. HSB, from top-right menu, after editing the handle color again it's always switch back to document color mode specific. Example - I'm working on RGB color mode and I want to make few gradients that differ in brightness and saturation. The easiest way to manipulate the colors is with HSB handlers, so I change the edit color mode (the tooltip menu after you double click the specyfic color on the gradient bar - similar to color window) to HSB from the top-right mini-menu, but…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Drop shadow can't use global color swatches

Drop shadow's color can be set to global swatch, but is doesn't stick to the effect, it only got sampled. So when you change your global swatch, shadow remains colored with previous color.
    Please, make Drop shadow and other raster effects use global swatches for real.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A remotely usable gradient tool...

Let say I have a colour I want to use in a creative clould library. I want to use it as a base colour for a gradient, maybe I'll fade up to slightly lighter at the top. Not sure yet, I'm designing something, so I want to experiment when I work. I haven't decided on what colours to use yet, you know, because I'm designing. So what's the workflow to tell Illustrator about the gradient.

The current user experience.....

1. Select the object

2. Set the fill colour to gradient

3. Change the direction to vertical. (How often does anybody ever need a…
    3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remember "Swatch options" Preview setting

Why do I have to check the box "Preview" every time I open the "Swatch options" panel? Why is this setting not remembered? I bet, lots of folks would appreciate it. Having it by default unchecked is annoying.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Swatch Name

I would like to see the swatch/color name displayed next to the fill/stroke under the search bar in the color pallet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Automatic colorcards on artboards from swatches with color codes and colors

As a designer i really need a feature that makes it able to drag a swatch or a color group (ex. a Pantone swatch/colorgroup) onto the artboard and then be able to make a colorcard with a colored square and a textbox with the choosen color(s) color codes beside the square.

We do this manually and it takes a lot of time. We really hope this can be something we in the future could do automatic.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a search bar in the swatch pallet for color books

I would like to be able to search swatch books from the swatch menu. This could be implemented globally for various search items, menus, tools, etc. (Similar to Photoshop's new search function.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Clicking on swatch in PMS Color panel jumps down to list

So I am using a pantone color swatch book panel in Illustrator and I'll be at the top of the list and I'll click on a swatch color to change a shape's color and for some reason when I click on the swatch, it will jump down near the bottom or middle of the list so I'll have to scroll back up and click on the swatch again. It get's really tedious especially when I have to change a lot of colors or I have to go and search for a while for the pantone color again.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to add dithering to gradients

We have banding when printing gradients from exported TIFF-files.

I have to open them in Photoshop, search a way to select areas with gradients and apply noise in channels needed.

I can apply Grain effect to gradients where I need, but this makes everything run very slow.

What if you add dithering as an option to gradient swatch? or to fill?
    So it could be displayed in screen space, applied to current level of zoom, and would export as raster images as well? without slowing down?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "1 click" no stroke/fill

It'd be nice to have a "one click" no stroke/fill instead of having to bring one to the front each time, or having to click the color and click again for 'none'.

It's a minor thing but turning a 2-step process into a 1-step process adds up over time.

See mock-up.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Increase size of Gradient stops boxes (too small for older eyes)

Ideally the gradient stop boxes would be a little larger. When working with many gradients, it's time consuming trying to hit that little box to change a color. I'm aging, so my bad, but even slightly larger would be wonderful.

Thank you,
    Lori

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Eyedropper shortcut

If I have a box with a gradient stroke (as an example) and I want to then fill it, if I use the eyedropper to grab the color from another object, it overrides and deletes the stoke. I would like to be able to use the eyedropper on fill or stroke without deleting it's counterpart. Right now it's a long process of clicking off my shape, eyedropping the color, copying the color value, reselecting the object, double clicking the fill or stroke, and pasting in the value. It adds up to a lot of time lost for something that should…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Copy/paste color values as text

I often need to list color values in RGB, CMYK, hex, etc for brand guidelines and printing. It would be helpful if there was an easy way to copy all color values as text. Right now you can only select one value at a time which is very tedious. I know there are scripts that exist to do something similar but it would be nice if it was a built-in feature!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Color panel pops up when you click on stroke/fill selector

The Color panel pops up every time you click on the stroke or fill selectors. There is no way to disable this panel from popping up, even if you close it, it will open and come to the forefront. Many of us don't need or use the color panel; we use the swatches or other panel. Why is this panel being forced on those of us who don't use/want it?

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Colors and Swatches  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A Color Picker that really selects all colors from everywhere.

It would be very useful to have an eyedropper able to select any color or tone from the "Color Picker" window itself. The eyedropper should also be able to select not only Illustrator file colors, but also interface colors, or from websites that are visible in the browser, photos opened in Photoshop, or any other open application. Corel Draw is able to perform these functions.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Randomize Named Colors

i love the randomize colors that freehand used to have.
    l'd like to see that feature on illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Eydropper changes font when applying color from an image...

When using the eyedropper to grab color from an image, and then place that color onto text (by holding down the ALT key). AI changes the font.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base