When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't default ai files to illustrator

Since the 2020 update I can't set illustrator as the default app for .ai file types on windows. Also can't open .ai files from a file explorer. Can only open them from inside illustrator using file>open command

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Batch File Processing to PDF (Non-Illustrator Default Like PDF-x4)

In Photoshop, you have the option to File > Scripts > Image Processor — from there, you can then take a PSD File and batch through a folder of files and change them to a JPEG, PSD, or TIFF while simultaneously running an action through them.

I propose that we introduce something like photoshops Image Processor where in illustrator you can select File > Scripts > File Processor where you have the option to change an entire folder of AI files into PDF's, SVG's, or EPS's.

Once you click "Run" (like you would in photoshop) it would batch through an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keep all user preference data on the cloud.

I'm updating to the 2020 edition of Illustrator and it's not keeping my keyboard shortcuts. I install the new Photoshop and I have to hunt down all my old color swatch sets.

Maybe there can be an easier, more automated way to store and retrieve this data with use of the cloud.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Set Default File/Place Folder Location

Right now, AI doesn't offer the ability to change what folder opens up when you File/Place. It always go to the last used. Could we have an option to change it to where the opened file is? (I think PS offers this already).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. FXG

Please bring back FXG.
    SVG is no solution for coworking with complex files in Flash and Illustrator.
    Since years i've installed old cs6 version of Flash and Illustrator only for the FXG export / import.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. More desciptive warning

When switching to CMYK in the New Document panel, a yellop triangle with an exclamation mark appears.
    Why? No further info is given.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. .DXF compound shape support

Illustrator doesn't seem to support exporting compound shapes in a .DXF file. Corel does so it must be possible. This lack of support means that you cannot have text in a DXF file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Warn when saving working file to PDF without AI edibility

I was working on a file for half the day - making layers, groups and text styles. I had it all the way I wanted it, ready to add some translated text tomorrow. I saved and closed, not realizing that the original file I opened was a PDF that had be saved without Illustrator editing.
    The result was that everything was collected into one layer with nested clipping paths, and all my carefully formatted text was broken apart. (a few random lines were even converted to outlines)
    Yes, it's my fault for not saving as AI at the start of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Clip to Artboard selection before rendering Preview

When I have a large project with many artboards and I want to export just one, I always have to wait for the entire project to render before I can select Clip to Artboard. If however, there was a dialog box asking clip to the artboard or not before rendering the preview, it would save the time of rendering a preview that isn't always necessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. export past 2400 pixels

print on demand vendors take files up to and beyond 6500 pixels, for blankets and curtains and such. illustrator isn't just for web/mobile devices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. hotkey to instantly export all artboards

something like, alt+ctrl+shift+e to instantly export all the selected artboards using the options in the artboard menu to PNGs (or, well, whatever you selected)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Author's metadata with new Illustrator file

Simplified way to add author to the file. Maybe even link to the CC account.
    Sometime we have question from sales department Who made this file i found in my inbox? But we do not remember:) The simplest way of course is auhors metadata. It could be handled in a way color profiles are handled, or similar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When exported for screens, pictures that are rotated are extremely pixelated. And 300x300 resolution for PNGs is not big enough.

When exported for screens, pictures that are rotated are extremely pixelated. And 300x300 resolution for PNGs is not big enough. I am working with letter and A4 formats, it is not convenient to enlarge my artboards every-time I export.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Exhibition only file error when saving

After saving a file a few times, I start getting an error that says it is a visualization only file - even when I'm working on a new canvas I've just created. Why is it happening? How do I fix it? It disturbs me a lot, 'cause I need to save the file with a different name every time I get this error to proceed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. please make Illustrator remember user workflow - for example "export as" settings

please make Illustrator remember user workflow: i export hundred times jpgs for client preview, and each time i have to manually change CMYK setting to rgb, click color profile, etc....hundred times a day, each day...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Some computers cannot successfully output svg files

Unable to output SVG in the format of a style attribute.May be the reason for incompatibility with the system

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Choose size of document when saving as PDF

It would be great if we could EXPORT .ai docs as PDF, like many have suggested, but also that when you do that, to choose the size the PDF file will have, like in Photoshop. I work on huge illustrations, and sometimes I need just a smaller PDF to share or print, and the workflow to do this is a hassle: save as pdf, open on photoshop, resize there, hope for the best, or open on acrobat, use the very flaky preflight fixes. please use the truckloads of CC subscription money to actually make the product better instead of only…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Is it possible to custom css classes ? not Id's ( so layers).

Like in Inkscape where we can see the svg output and modify it before export
    I know there is Graphic Styles etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix bug that does not allow to read and connect links to files or webpages when converting to PDF.

Please Fix bug that does not allow to read and connect links to files or webpages when converting to PDF. In previous version there was no problem with this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base