1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preview for file name with prefix and suffix when exporting for screens

I have three requests about Prefix for filenames -
    1. Move it to a more prominent area where it's visible. Sometimes it's pre-populated because of previous exports, but since it's too small and not located anywhere around the artboards, it's very easy to miss it and end up with wrong file names.
    2. Make it bigger. Most prefixes have at least two words and the current input doesn't accommodate it. I have to manually scroll through the complete thing with the keyboard. Not very useful.
    3. Show a preview of complete file name(s) including prefix and suffix. Right now there's…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-trace PSDs separately by group/layer

Transfer/convert Photoshop documents via auto-trace to illustrator vector shapes while retaining general group/layer hierarchy. Any shape layers in PSD should be converted to Illustrator shapes.

Example: Sketch a new puppet for Character Animator in Photoshop, open the PSD in Illustrator, use auto-trace to convert each layer separately, maintaining relative group/layer hierarchy. Clean up vector paths, use Illustrator puppet in Character Animator at any scale.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Save Ai file to a working svgz

Goodmorning, I refer to the following issue: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9978412#9978412

I am working daily on a professional basis with Adobe Illustrator. I find it very disturbing that this issue isn't solved yet. I hope you can fix it.

Kind regards,
    Suzanne Cornelis
    Haynespro

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. appending number after svg export

after exporting svg files there is a version number added to the file name... can you make this otional... It adds a bunch of unessasacry steps to my work flow as I have to then navigate to the file and rename it everytime I export...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Illustrator 5 crashes everytime i try saving a file

Hi, every time I try to save my file on illustrator it crashes, I'm using OS X Yosemite 10.10.5, any advice?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Asset Export panel list view clips filenames to approx 24 characters

Asset Export list view should show full file name or clip to panel width. As it stands, my file names are being clipped even though there is plenty of room to show the full name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Place files via drag-n-drop but still allow options to be selected before placement.

If we want to place a page of a multi-page PDF into an AI file, we have to do so using the File->Place menu with Options checked. It would be nice to be able to simply drag the PDF onto the AI document and have the option dialog open so we can choose which page to place.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Slices

I have created a logo and it saves in slices, and at one point in it's own folder, which I didn't ask it to do, I don't want that. Also the Illustrator program is to big, it falls off the screen at times and Photoshop is to small, I need a magnifying glass can they both be fixed so they can fit properly on the screen. Also now and then all the colors in swatch window disappears.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Password Protect for edit SVG "like save as PDF"

when save as PDF there are option "security" to can make password to restrict edit protected PDF, can please make this feature also for SVG.
    because for example : if put SVG illustration in website it very easy for any person to take from the website and open it in illustrator or any SVG edit program, so need to make password when open SVG in any SVG edit program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ai File icon turned upside down

Hi. I have updated the ai to version cc 2018 and all the icons of my files in ai format turned upside down. It makes me feel annoyed even it does not hinder me from opening and working on the files. May i know how this can be fixed?

Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When exporting png files with 300 ppi, keep the actual size of the canvas

Hello, it would be great if you export a canvas of z. For example, 100x100px can set the ppi resolution to 300 while the exported png is still exactly 100x100px. for the creation of tile sets that would be very good and would save me many hours of work. In addition, the pngs would also have a color profile, which is unfortunately not the case at the moment. Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Packaging doesn't save library items

I use my Adobe Library function to save time in placing common graphics into files. However, I notice when I go to package the file to prepare it for the press, it doesn't collect all of the library items, and then turns into an endless loop where the it keeps prompting me to update items in the library. The only workaround for this currently is to grant more people access to my library, which is not best practice, or to go through every link that's on the cloud and resave it into a links folder manually.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. File synchronization fails for ai files saved with CC 2018

I sync my files across several computers using Unison (an rsync command line tool). Since updating, .ai files will not synchronize. I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 and CC 2018 v 22.0.0 on the computers that I am syncing.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. make ai file. A4 RGB layout with one text item. Save.
    2. run Unison.
    3. synchronization fails with message that the ai file does not exist on the other computer because it could not be renamed from the tmp version of the ai file that unison pulls from the other computer.

Not sure if this is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1x folder

Right now, even when I'm not exporting any of my artboards as retina, Illustrator INSISTS upon exporting all PNG files inside a new folder called "1x." This is annoying, stupid, and unhelpful. It makes it hard to find when I go looking for the exports, I'm looking for descriptively named .png files, not a completely innocuous folder named "1x" for no reason.

Please stop ******* with exports. Just make it work like it did last version. This is not an improvement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dropbox syncing

When I open/save through the native Illustrator dialogue boxes, files that I have in my dropbox folders begin to download for no reason. I use SmartSync to keep my HD space optimized and this little glitch makes that impossible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A back button on the Save & Export windows

Often when saving/exporting a file from illustrator i'll move through the various steps; naming the file, choosing a location, adjusting the settings etc, then just as i go to hit 'ok' on the final window i'll realise i forgot to adjust a setting in an earlier window and so am forced to hit the cancel button and start the saving process again.
    Obviously its not a huge issue but it would save a little time and frustration if you could just click a back button rather than having to start over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. New version change over

New versions, NOT new name. Drop the year add-on. Just ask to overwrite existing app version. I use overflow to start up my apps, not the Adobe menu. By adding a new app name AND deleting the old one you BREAK ALL my links to ***** up my workflow.

Also, import to the new version ALL MY TEMPLATES. You created significant work for me to go an find the old templates and then get them into 2018

Most importantly: Send some of your engineers out to see people use your products in the real world that is NOT web design…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adobe Draw (account transfer)

I had just moved from my student to personal license. In the process, all of my adobe draw projects have disappeared, and I’m told that even if I were able to get back into my student account, my projects still won’t be there.

If you store the draw projects locally (on the ipad), please don’t restrict them to a specific account.

I just lost a year’s worth of projects and sketches. I have been told that there is not trace or remnant of what I was working on unless I moved it to illustrator at one point (which weren’t that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Declined  ·  Ashutosh Chaturvedi responded

I am deleting this post as this UserVoice account is about Adobe Illustrator desktop application

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fit for endless repeat

When exporting a file from Illustrator ( or photoshop or other) some 1 or 2 pixel wide rim appears. This is very anoying when having the file printed on fabric, and is one of the reasons I do not buy the programm. I thought it was only in the trial version, but it is a genreal problem. ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/SpoonflowerFans/permalink/1388987581228727/?commentid=1389947531132732&notifid=1507602952083460&notift=groupcomment_reply)

https://www.spoonflower.com/designs/2082665-pink12-by-ruthjohanna.

Could the program be in such as way as the colors chosen reach all the way out, not one empty pixel left as a border?

Thanks for reading, have a nice day

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base