When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export for Screens in AI should be just like PS's Version

PLEASE make the export for screens function precisely like the one used in Photoshop. In particular: (1) it needs to be possible to export at <0.5x, which is currently the upper limit. If I am producing assets for iOS @3x for whatever reason -- say, they include an unscalable PNG from PS for instance -- to produce the 1x asset I need to export @0.33x, which you don't allow, but PS does. (less important but also mind-boggling is why you don't allow upscaling beyond 33.3x.) (2) The default export option should be to export to the SAME FOLDER IN WHICH…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export Symbols

There should be a way to export symbols as png. svg. jpg. etc. In a similar way as the Asset export. Ideally using the name of the symbol.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remember User preference for Responsive SVG / SVGZ

We often need SVG and SVGZ that are NOT responsive to the web area (we need to control the viewable font size for psychometrics purposes).

Illustrator default switches to Responsive being checked after every Illustrator restart. It would be great if every time I restart Illustrator the check box for "Responsive" remembered that I want it UNchecked (our workaround is to create a new SVGZ file immediately after every restart and uncheck the Responsive box, and if we don't remember to do that task our work must be tediously re-exported).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. save to cloud documents for illustrator and other apps

Can we please add the function of saving to the adobe cloud documents on apps other than PSD?? Currently after the 2020 update there is a function window that pops up when you click save/save as and it gives you the option to save to the adobe cloud documents, which is great because it saves me from using space on my flash disc memory. However, sadly illustrator does not have this option, it only has the option to save to the creative cloud synced files which is different from cloud documents because synced files still takes up space on your…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Export for Screens - Please add EMF as an option

I have hundreds of EPS icon files I need to convert for use in PowerPoint which means they need to be in EMF, EMZ or WMF format. The Asset Export tool is amazing and would be perfect for this task, but unfortunately EMF is not an export option. Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. PDF export setting sorted alphabetically

It would be nice if the Illustrator PDF export preset dropdown would be sorted alphabetically instead of, what looks like, random. Indesign does this perfectly, why not Illustrator?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide SVG output scaling option (with 96 ppi default)

When using Save As... SVG, Illustrator sets the bounding box pixel dimensions in the SVG header using 72 pixels per inch. So a 10" x 10" artboard will produce an SVG file with its pixel dimensions set to 720px x 720px. This is a very old-fashioned default scaling, since every other modern application I have encountered displays imported SVGs using 96 dpi . This means each SVG produced by Illustrator appears to shrink when imported into almost any other modern application. Please either:
    a) Change Illustrator's default scaling calculation to use 96 dpi.
    b) Provide an option/switch in the SVG…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Retrieving an unsaved file

Enable an option to retrieve a file within a certain time period, that was closed but not saved. This would be useful when a file is closed in error. This happened to me and I lost a days work. Silly error but easily done as I had a swatch box obscuring the file tab and closed it by mistake. Unfortunately because I then tried to reopen the file, the snapshot in the data recovery file was the re opened unsaved version so I had lost all of the previous 4 hours work.
    Therefore, if it was possible that AI could…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Open, import, save, and export .CGM files

Illustrator CC advertises compatibility with the Computer Graphics Metafile (.CGM) format.
    While it gives me the option to open a .CGM file, all of the older .CGM files I work with throw an "unknown format" error when I try to open them.
    I would also like an option to save .CGM files.
    Illustrator should include these features.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Export selected only

Would like to see an "EXPORT SELECTED ONLY" option, so that you can export just a selection of items from a file with many elements. Really a pain to have to copy the items I want to export, and paste them into a new file in order to export them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Automatic "Generate assets" option like in Photoshop

Photoshop's "Generate assets" workflow is a godsend, and it would be just as amazing to have something similar in Illustrator.

Adding an extension to the name of an artboard or layer (.png, .jpg, etc) and have it automatically export would be incredible, especially when working with a dozen artboards that need to be exported every time there's an amend (for icon libraries, banners, etc).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as vector in Illustrator.

Shapes created in Photoshop should be paste as a vector in Illustrator.

After all Photoshop and Illustrator belong to the same family, So at-least we users expect this little ability to have this ease of use.

Please do include this capability.

Thanks.
    Jaydev

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Embed Colorsync profile when exporting png illustrator

From Photoshop you can choose to embed a colorsynprofile when saving or exporting to png. I need that in Illustrator as well. Webbrowsers are smart enough to recognise icc-profiles and adjust display appropriately. Illustrator needs to have this option as well, and save the currently assigned rgb-profile when exporting

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. export quality for emf or wmf

When exporting to emf or wmf formats to get editable vectors into PowerPoint the details in curves or small marks get all messed up. For example the details of a registered trade mark on a logo will be distorted or the curve of a letter o will become choppy. This is a huge issue for us and I'm hoping quality settings like the options provided for exporting and svg would fix the issue.

Thank You

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Artboards as PowerPoint or Keynote slides

I like using Illustrator to design complexe slides or icons, illustrations… for my slides and I’d like to export them by maintaining vector capabilities to have the ability in PowerPoint or Keynote to change their color and to scale them freely.

I know plug-ins or some export format will somehow works for some cases.
    But it will be so nice to have a straight forward export!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SVG Export - Option to keep words intact

SVG export seems to break up any text by character in tspan elements, I'm guessing this is so the end product is kerned as nicely as possible.

In some cases I prefer readability/editability over the best possible output.

I would like an option to prevent characters from being put into individual <tspan> tags.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Export for Screens should be per project.

I work on lots of projects. They all use export for screens. The export location and exports settings vary by project. Remembering and resetting the location and settings for each project slows down my work flow and is a source of problems in the greater work flow that the exported art is just a piece of. For instance in one "greater" project there are multiple Illustrator files for Android icons, iOS icons, and multiple art files - each requires different settings and locations in Export for Screens.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Omit exported files from "Open Recent Files" list

When exporting files with lots of artboards to JPEG, it adds all those exported JPEG files to the "Open Recent Files" list - which isn't very useful since these exported files are usually never opened in Illustrator after exporting.

It would be more logic to only keep the recently opened files in that list instead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option CMYK to RGB conversion in Export for Screens command.

While working on a CMYK print-oriented project, there is a need to create screen versions for approval/mockup/testing options. These files have to be converted to RGB, since they are for screens. Currently, there is no option to do this within the Export for Screens dialog box. As well, this is essential that the color conversion will be executed by the Adobe Color Engine (ACE).

I suggest:

1. To add Convert to RGB option to Export for Screens dialog box.

2. That would be nice to be able to choose the RBG profile to which to convert and to include the ICC within…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base