When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Artboards as PowerPoint or Keynote slides

I like using Illustrator to design complexe slides or icons, illustrations… for my slides and I’d like to export them by maintaining vector capabilities to have the ability in PowerPoint or Keynote to change their color and to scale them freely.

I know plug-ins or some export format will somehow works for some cases.
    But it will be so nice to have a straight forward export!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SVG Export - Option to keep words intact

SVG export seems to break up any text by character in tspan elements, I'm guessing this is so the end product is kerned as nicely as possible.

In some cases I prefer readability/editability over the best possible output.

I would like an option to prevent characters from being put into individual <tspan> tags.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. PNG export embeds the wrong ICC profile

When exporting as PNG (export for screens, export as...) Illustrator uses the current RGB working space profile, but save the sRGB profile in the file.
    Other software shows the colors as sRGB although a totally different profile may have been used for the conversion to RGB.
    Either embed the correct profile or convert to sRGB when exporting (like the old Save for Web still does).
    See: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/color-sync/m-p/10880173#M163311

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Omit exported files from "Open Recent Files" list

When exporting files with lots of artboards to JPEG, it adds all those exported JPEG files to the "Open Recent Files" list - which isn't very useful since these exported files are usually never opened in Illustrator after exporting.

It would be more logic to only keep the recently opened files in that list instead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option CMYK to RGB conversion in Export for Screens command.

While working on a CMYK print-oriented project, there is a need to create screen versions for approval/mockup/testing options. These files have to be converted to RGB, since they are for screens. Currently, there is no option to do this within the Export for Screens dialog box. As well, this is essential that the color conversion will be executed by the Adobe Color Engine (ACE).

I suggest:

1. To add Convert to RGB option to Export for Screens dialog box.

2. That would be nice to be able to choose the RBG profile to which to convert and to include the ICC within…
    4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Illustrator asks you to Save when no changes were made?

Why does Illustrator, for the past many years, ask you to Save when no changes were made? Makes me think I accidentally did something or forgot that I did something. If nothing was changed, Don't ask to Save....please.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show linked file page number and change page of pdf easily

For example, I have a multi-page pdf file in my hand.
    I choose pdf file in illustrator and I can't understand which page of pdf
    How I can understand which page of pdf file
    And I would like to be able to change the pages like the photo below

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Imported SVG path elements - always black fill

I am using the latest version of AI (early 2019).

I notice that SVG path elements often lose their fill color. (They are always black.)

Have not been able to pin down the exact circumstances where this fails, but I am attaching a bare bones file which exhibits the issue clearly.

This file displays perfectly in (e.g.) chrome. There's a red and a green filled path.

But when importing the SVG to AI, the 'red' path loses its fill and becomes black. The green fill is honored on input. I can't see any meaningful difference between the way the fill…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Disable "save as PDF compatible" as default when saving .AI files

I do a lot of large signage projects with a lot of imported large PSD files. For years I have pulled my hair out waiting for these files to save, even though the images were linked and not embedded. I finally discovered that if I turn off save as PDF compatible when I save the AI file, it saves a lot quicker! Please turn off the save as PDF compatible default when saving. AI files that are large.

Also when turning off PDF compatibility in an AI file, it would be nice to still have a finder preview.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. It's a shame that third party programs can open old freehand files.

It's a shame that third party programs can open old freehand files.
    Affinity designer can do it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Save Session

Sometimes when working on a project I'll have a few tabs open. I know I can save all the files in one spot and open them when needed but the ability to recall a set of tabs to open when needed would be great. That way I can shut down a full project, start a new one and then come back to the previous tabs when needed.

I'm thinking under File adding a prompt to "Save Session" > Name the session.

To open the session have it under File > Open Session

Sometimes I'll leave illustrator open with way to…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Export for Screen has no RGB/CMYK options for jpg export files.

Export for Screen is a great initiative from Ai developer... but there is no RGB/CMYK options for jpg export files. As a example, when I working on CMYK; but need sending jpg files to client RGB. Then I converted my ai files to RGB mode. Then rename the artboards...and exports. We are designers... after export RGB, most of the time, we save the Ai files in RGB. It is a huge problem face for printing press files... Hope Ai developers add this option soon...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adobe Illustrator CC is integrated with InVision Studio. When designing prototypes in Illustrator CC it can be exported directly to InVision

Adobe Illustrator CC is integrated with InVision Studio. When designing prototypes in Illustrator CC it can be exported directly to InVision Studio. Adobe Illustrator supports 100% technology from InVision Studio.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please provide ability to embed color profiles when exporting artwork to PNG format

When exporting to JPG format there is option to select color profile and an option to embed the chosen color profile in file. There is no such support for PNG files and I find many times I am asked for a transparent PNG file for print work and am unable to embed color profile.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Import (or convert) Adobe Sketch and Adobe Draw files as paths instead of shapes

Please give an option in Illustrator to import or convert Adobe Sketch files as paths instead of shapes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Exporting SVG icons to use for web overrides classnames colours get all messed up

When you have multiple icons exported in SVG to use for web, once its introduced in the code their classnames get overridden and the colours get messed up of all icons.

Our programmers are having to open each icon in text editor Atom/Sublime and change the name of the class names for a different and unique name to avoid overriding between files. It's quite frustrating and time consuming for them.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Guillermina,

File > Export > Export As provides an option to create unique class names and IDs to avoid clashes when merging different SVG files into one document. In the SVG options panel select “Unique” under “Object IDs”.

Does this address your issue?

Greetings,
    Dirk

17. Save in Multiple Formats at once.

It would be a HUGE time saving feature.
    It is such a waste of time to have to save each individual file I am working on separately. It would be great for instance to be able to save in both ai and pdf formats at the same time. As well as being able to save every file simultaneously in the chosen format / version.
    Saving files in Illustrator is a truly Tedious, long drawn out affair.
    And of course being able to save in the background so you do not get locked out of other files you are currently working…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Saving in Illustrator should be similar to Photoshop - where you can queue up multiples saves - saving individually in time consuming in Ai

Every time I finish working in Ai for the day, I have to close and save my multiple files I have open - as they are usually quite large, this process can take some time. And because you have to wait for each file to save and close before you can save the next file, it is time consuming, especially as you are trying to rush out the door at the end of the day.

Photoshop allows you to hit save, and then select your other tab and hit save and it will queue up all your saves - how…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unembed links when packaging...

When packaging a file, there is no option to un-embed images.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. svg option to convert text to outlines when exporting

When exporting svg I have ran into wonkyness with fonts so sometimes we export svg graphics with text as shapes...

But then I some times get distracted by a email or chat message and save the ai version with out undoing my text to outlines conversion...

Why not just have a check box on the svg export panel "convert all text to shapes" then when I export this option parse the document and convert all text to shapes...

So I do not have to worry about undoing my convert text to shapes when I save the master ai file.

Stephen

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  8 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base