When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

494 results found

1. Improve compatibility of object's features between Illustrator and InDesign

It's about 80% easy to share an object such as a logo or ad design or similar between the two packages, which is facilitated by the programs sharing an overlapping feature set.

With some features, such as gradients (InDesign to Illustrator) and type (Illustrator to InDesign) there are serious problems and the feature either doesn't travel across or is corrupted in the process. These problems mean that some parts of your project will easily copy and paste (or travel via PDF export) yet others fail.

It's not uncommon to use Illustrator as a publishing software for web assets and InDesign…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Open Corel Designer files (DES) in Adobe Illustrator

For the transition from Corel Designer to Adobe Illustrator you should be able to open Corel Designer files (DES) in Adobe Illustrator. At least the import should be possible. This would be a great benefit for users like me, who want to switch to Adobe Illustrator.
    On the other side especially AI files can always be opened in Corel Designer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export multiple Illustrator layers into Photoshop's PATH Palette, as multiple PATH layers, in one command

Instead of the current and ONLY way to bring a path from Illustrator to Photoshop (copy the layer in IL and paste it in PS, one by tedious one), how about an EXPORT IL LAYERS to PATHS PALETTE IN PS option in the dropdown? Or, if you can't do that, how about adding an option to save an IL file with a 'new' file extension (.pal?) which would open in PS with ALL the Illustrator layers intact, separate and distinct, AND STILL ALIGNED WITH EACH OTHER, in the Photoshop Paths Palette?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Open, import, save, and export .CGM files

Illustrator CC advertises compatibility with the Computer Graphics Metafile (.CGM) format.
    While it gives me the option to open a .CGM file, all of the older .CGM files I work with throw an "unknown format" error when I try to open them.
    I would also like an option to save .CGM files.
    Illustrator should include these features.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Exporting SVG icons to use for web overrides classnames colours get all messed up

When you have multiple icons exported in SVG to use for web, once its introduced in the code their classnames get overridden and the colours get messed up of all icons.

Our programmers are having to open each icon in text editor Atom/Sublime and change the name of the class names for a different and unique name to avoid overriding between files. It's quite frustrating and time consuming for them.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Guillermina,

File > Export > Export As provides an option to create unique class names and IDs to avoid clashes when merging different SVG files into one document. In the SVG options panel select “Unique” under “Object IDs”.

Does this address your issue?

Greetings,
    Dirk

6. Autosave

Apple Mac OS has had it's own version of autosave and recovery in the OS for YEARS! I am so sick and tired of every time my illustrator crashes that I have to go through the headache of everything having [recovery] attached to it. Let's be honest, it happens ALL THE TIME. If Adobe isn't going to adapt to the OS its on, why don't you make your own file system?!? I dread having to open Adobe products to complete a take because they are unstable, outdated and just lame.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Export symbols to SVG like as native path/vector

It would be very coherent to have an option to configure a "break link" when exporting symbols to SVG, leaving it as a common vector.
    Currently, exporting symbols to svg creates a <symbol> element, leaving us with no freedom to manipulate every SVG as usual.
    Extra hint: Put the symbol name as ID of the converted object in vector.
    Since in Web projects, we need SVG with all its elements in native shapes/paths.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Need More Info  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Hi Adson,

Thanks a lot for adding your feature request to Uservoice. Just to confirm, symbols are references by at the moment but you’d rather like to have the actual instance added directly:

Turns to:

Is this correct? What issues do you have with ?

8. Save in Multiple Formats at once.

It would be a HUGE time saving feature.
    It is such a waste of time to have to save each individual file I am working on separately. It would be great for instance to be able to save in both ai and pdf formats at the same time. As well as being able to save every file simultaneously in the chosen format / version.
    Saving files in Illustrator is a truly Tedious, long drawn out affair.
    And of course being able to save in the background so you do not get locked out of other files you are currently working…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automatic "Generate assets" option like in Photoshop

Photoshop's "Generate assets" workflow is a godsend, and it would be just as amazing to have something similar in Illustrator.

Adding an extension to the name of an artboard or layer (.png, .jpg, etc) and have it automatically export would be incredible, especially when working with a dozen artboards that need to be exported every time there's an amend (for icon libraries, banners, etc).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Save Vector Artboards by Clipping Vector Art to the Artboard

I need for vector artboards to be fully clipped to the artboard when saving as PDF and/or any other vector format. I have vector artwork for large format printing that I have cropped into many artboards in the same file. When I save individual artboards as PDF, any lines that extend outside the artboard are still available in the saved PDF file when opened in Illustrator. I need artboards to truly clip the vector artwork or I need another solution to this issue. Clipping masks do not actually clip vector artwork, in Outline Mode, the entire artwork is still there.…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Resurrect Macromedia Freehand

Or at least study its superior usability and intuitiveness and adopt these features in Illustrator.

Or, at the VERY least, build in the ability to open old Freehand files in Illustrator.

Thanks,
    Pete

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

The new "Export for Screens" would be more useful if I could enter other formats, in particular, GIF.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add option to Import DXF tool

Hello,
    I have some request about the Import DXF feature.
    When opening a dxf file, the window ask if we want to scale the file to the artwork, but not the opposite.
    When opening a file at scale 1:1, it could be valuable to set the size of the artboard to the limits of the dxf file, as you have to do manually (most often) after you open it.
    It could also be cool to have a window showing the list of layers in the file and give the option to make a selection of those you want to import…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save Individual PDF's in CMYK from Artboards

We are able to save the artboards using the "Export for Screens" function, but they export in RGB, even when using a CMYK file.
    It would be great to have an option, whether in the "Save As" window, to be able to save artboards as individual PDF's, with the artboard names, or something similar to "Export for Screens", but for CMYK files.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Return Adobe Draw!!!

Hello, I have been using Adobe Draw for 4 years until January 10.2022. I am extremely disappointed with its closure and its replacement with Fresco, which is not even available for Android users.
    Over 4 years of work, everything is ruined because my projects are saved as JPEG and the function to download as PNG does not work
    I searched for thousands of applications, none of them is the same as Adobe Draw or at least a little closer to it. Millions of people in Bulgaria used it for various purposes and after closing it you broke everything
    I beg…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Illustrator auto save folder

Hi Adobe team,

I would like to request adobe illustrator to have an autosave folder feature like the other adobe programs: premiere, after effects and, etc. It will be a helpful feature when users for example do not save their work and use the autosave file. This way users will not need to re-do the work they have created.

I really hope this feature gets implemented in the upcoming updates.

Many thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Relative Links for Co-Working - Cloud Storage - Home Office

Relative links are absolutely essential for collaborating on common projects in an agency.

It's so annoying to work together on a project. When my collaborator starts an Illustrator file and I want to work on it, all links are broken, vice versa the same and the cycle never ends. Sometimes I don't even know what folder some linked files are stored in, so it's impossible to continue his work without his help!

Everyone who works together on bigger projects has this problem, especially in times of home office.

I figured the Creative Cloud wasn't just meant to be a backup…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Version History - a couple feature requests

I sorta like the new version history option. It's at least kinda a step towards the history panel so many people want. There are a couple of features that I think would improve it. (If these already exist and I'm missing them can you teach me where they are?)

My first request is adding an option to save at anytime you choose. This only saves every 5 minutes. Say I make a bunch of changes in only 3 minutes. I'd then have to wait 2 minutes for it to create a save point before I could choose to revert to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Each new updates of illustrator , auto save is automatically turned off !

even though it should import all previous setings. ( box check)
    Could you please fix this ?

it doesnt import this particular setting

thanks mr Adobe

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatically update legacy format when saving...

When working on an older version of illustrator - when you save, you get a notice about saving in a legacy format. I would like a preferences option to automatically save in the latest version when working on legacy files. Right now I have to use save as.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base