1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

496 results found

1. Saving document should not kick you out of isolation mode

Sometimes I work deep inside some nested object and feel strong urge to save document. When I do it, AI quits isolation mode and I have to go 10 levels in again to continue my work. That's rude.

Please make AI respect my isolation tunneling when saving.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Control of SVG <style> class names on Export

Here is a detailed explanation of my issue:
    https://forums.adobe.com/message/10234155#10234155

Summary: We should be able to assign/control style classes within the ai file that show up in the svg file.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Non esiste la possibilità di ri-utilizzare un file .ai in adobe Draw. Questo è un problema!

Nel caso capiti di perdere o sovrascrivere un file creativo online (nel Cloud) dell'App Adobe Draw e si avesse solo l'esportazione del progetto in Illustrator (.ai), non esiste la possibilità di poter ritornare a lavorarci in Adobe Draw! Non esiste un file di scambio al contrario cioè da Illustrator a Draw! Questo può rappresentare un problema serio!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. To implement 'Show in Folder' for all saved or exported documents.

It's same feature like internet browser for newly downloaded items.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CGM Import

Enable Ai to import CGMs that have Active X controls. I export CGMs from an IETM, but do not need to retain the embedded links within the CGM file. Allow Ai to import Active X CGMs and disable Active X. May want to display popup window stating Active X will be lost unless save imported CGM as a new file.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please implement the ability to export a pdf in a raster format to help prevent unauthorized use of your design.

Please implement the ability to export a pdf in a raster format to help prevent unauthorized use of your design.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fully support the SVG standard

Illustrator can not read every SVG file. Some it doesn't read at all, some are imported only halfway or just completely messed up. There are issues with <use>, especially when used in herarchies. e.g. this file: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europaflagge#/media/File:Flag_of_Europe.svg There are issues with groups and masks and there are issues when units are missing e.g. from stroke widths. Also: SVG can have several attributes which Illustrator will delete when opening. Fully supporting the standard will enable people to have a workflow based on SVG files.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Started  ·  Dirk Schulze responded

Just a general status update. We are currently and will continuously improve SVG import support in Adobe Illustrator. We are currently working on solving the issues mentioned in this report. Please feel free to open new bug reports here on uservoice if you are experiencing additional/untracked issues.

8. Export for Screens, CMYK to RGB

When working in a CMYK Illustrator file, the Export for Screens function currently creates CMYK jpgs. Since it is for screens, it should convert to RGB. Or at least there should be an option to convert the color mode for the exported files.

In a package design project, the files are primarily for printing, but digital mockups are a secondary purpose. So it is necessary for the CMYK color mode to be converted to RGB. Export for Screens seems like it should inherently create RGB files.

137 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Export Multiple PDF Presets (at the same time!) in "Export for Screens" Menu

Export Multiple PDF Presets (at the same time!) in "Export for Screens" Menu

At our design and print shop, when exporting projects, we use a number of PDF (and image) presets to create print ready files, proofs, and web files.

The Export for Screens feature will not allow us to export multiple PDF Presets (i.e. export print ready PDFs at the same time as smallest file size PDFs).

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow links to be embedded when link is missing, rather than showing an empty box

If a link is missing from my file, rather than hunt down the link, I create a new file, and embed the file with the missing link in it. Once it's been embedded I have the high res raster image, just not necessarily with the same name. Much like photoshop tells you raster info will be used for fonts, or missing links use raster info it would be great if Illustrator gave you the option to embed. It may only be possible for images with full PDF compatibility, but it'd be a great improvement!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Removal of Save File Prompt After Changing to Outline View (CMD + Y or CTRL + Y)

For as long as I can remember - when using Illustrator I've been prompted to save a file (prompted by an * asterisk) after simply changing the file preview to Outline View using cmd or ctrl + Y. Why is it that Illustrator still senses this as a file state change? I'd recommend removing the save prompt if I've otherwise not changed anything else about my Illustrator file other then quickly changing the view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CMYK separations

I'd love to be able to save/export a file into 4 separate files of CMYK. I know you can print separations but I'd like to be able to save the separations as separate files. It would be a lot easier then to reprint film for the printing press etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Actions Problem

I'm creating an action.
    When I log out of the program and reopen it, the source path is deleted.

You can see in the photo.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Import all pages at once from PDF file (that doesn't have illustrator embeded)

I'm working at prepress for 20 years.. and verrrry often i need to open PDF files to correct some mistakes on many pages.. (like add bleed, or move all elements away from edges...

it would be cool if illustrator would allow to open all pages at once for multipage PDF files..

Ok, i know that i can edit page by page... or i can open one page, than save as with different name AI file, than open all other pages and copy content to that first saved AI document... but thats not cool for 8 page brochure..

thank you

175 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

15. Remove Export Size Limit for PDF (200")

I have designed a 206 Feet Wide banner Designed at 1:12 Scale (206") in illustrator, I am Literally Unable to Send it for Printing, Because i Can't Export it to PDF because its Exceeding 200"...

Illustrator itself can't design something Greater than 227 Inches, While more WORST thing is the Export to PDF file Size Limit, which is currently set to 200". Why to Leave Scaling on Printer RIP, Why Not send a Print Ready File. So if there's something wrong, we could catch and fix it, rather get it Printed.

The problem can be with the Repeated Background Pattern,…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export multiple Illustrator layers into Photoshop's PATH Palette, as multiple PATH layers, in one command

Instead of the current and ONLY way to bring a path from Illustrator to Photoshop (copy the layer in IL and paste it in PS, one by tedious one), how about an EXPORT IL LAYERS to PATHS PALETTE IN PS option in the dropdown? Or, if you can't do that, how about adding an option to save an IL file with a 'new' file extension (.pal?) which would open in PS with ALL the Illustrator layers intact, separate and distinct, AND STILL ALIGNED WITH EACH OTHER, in the Photoshop Paths Palette?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Set class info for SVG

You can set the name of a path that becomes an id in the svg export.
    If you are programming in javascript to animate items in the svg, you need the id, but also classes. This would mean we could manipulate many different objects in one command.
    What we need is to set a list of classes (in the Properties window, probably). So if you set the list to orangeStyle, dark, tobeResized (probably with a + sign to add another class) and the svg output will have class="orangeStyle, dark, tobeResized" inside.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Open, import, save, and export .CGM files

Illustrator CC advertises compatibility with the Computer Graphics Metafile (.CGM) format.
    While it gives me the option to open a .CGM file, all of the older .CGM files I work with throw an "unknown format" error when I try to open them.
    I would also like an option to save .CGM files.
    Illustrator should include these features.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please fix "colour changing of vector elements between illu and ps"

If you Copy/Paste vector objects - saving it to a library - from Illustrator to Photoshop causes a marignal colour change. That's pretty annoying and has to be fixed immidiatley, thx!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When exporting an image, using artboard, with a single artboard, don't change filename.

If save an image using "Export As" , and I select the "use artboards" (because I want the image to be of that size, and I only want to export one specific artboard of my file, It would be better if it didn't add to the file name (ie: the filename-01.png would be filename.png). This is because I find myself exporting each layer of the same artboard with a specific name (ex: characterarm.png, characterleg.png, etc) and I have to remove the "01"s manually.
    I understand that this feature is really useful when exporting all the artboards at the…

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base