2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

178 results found

1. New version is very slow

Very slow this new version.

Selecting several items and move the canvas by hand is not working on not stable

Older verion was bette!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Support for Radeon VII (eGPU) in mac OS Catalina

Allow illustrator GPU performance to support the AMD Radeon VII graphics card in an eGPU enclosure. I use the GPU to accelerate my performance on a larger 5k 32" monitor and it would be really useful if Illustrator could make use of the GPU.

I have attached my current system info. This request follows from a community support request https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/Adobe-Illustrator-CC-2019-slow-amp-not-using-eGPU-radeon-VII-in/m-p/10658436#M147405

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Keyboard shortcuts for Align/Distribute commands and 'Align to' modes

I miss having keyboard shortcuts for align/distribute from my CorelDraw days. I'm a pro designer in a fast turnaround environment, and keyboard shortcuts are essential to my workflow.

As far as I know, the numeric keypad isn't being used in Illustrator. My proposal is: Pressing 0 toggles between absolute to the artboard or relative to last item selected. Pressing 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 will perform the align .2 = bottom, 4 = left, 5 = centre, 6 = right, 8 = top. Additionally 7 = distribute horizontal, 9 = distribute vertical.

Also, please copy the CorelDraw keyboard shortcut Tab…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The most recent version finally has the Object > Distribute menu added.

Now both Align and Distribute commands can be accessed via menu and have assigned keyboards shortcuts to them.

The order of the commands though seemingly matches the one the panel has: horizontal first for Align and vertical first for Distribute. If you find this odd and want to change it — vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/45855823-sync-the-order-of-align-and-distribute-menu-comman

Also, Align To and Distribute Spacing commands are still missing in top menus, so please keep voting here to make them added too.

4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix it so that it isn't so laggy and so that keyboard shortcuts work (on a Mac)

Fix Illustrator so that on a Mac the performance isn't so slow and laggy that I can count to 13 before menus drop down, and I end redoing so many things because the lag caused me to overclock. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either, 99% of the time. Used to be great software, but now it is almost unusable. It's lack of performance ate up at last 65% of my work time. It takes hours now because of lag time to do something that would have taken 30 minutes in vision 2018 and earlier. I have no lag or performance issues…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can not move object

I can not move selecting object by mouse. When i try to move, there is always sound 'do-ding'. But, when I move it by keyboard and stretch object, it can. What should I do?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SLOW

Running a BRAND NEW iMac Pro purchased this week. Almost $10k.
    Even the simplest things like scrolling the workspace causes a lag.
    This is insanely ridiculous that Adobe has not made their software to make use of new hardware. I read the comment below, where your support team said this is not a generic issue that can be replicated. From googling this issue, it has been a problem for over 2 years on all new machines. That is the definition of generic if it is happening to everyone. It happens on all applications that I use, PS, and LR. From…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make Illustrator multi threaded on CPU

Illustrator performance is awful, its slow and lumbering at all but the most basic operations. It is bound to only a single cpu thread which is ridiculous now in an age of multi core and multi thread CPU's and it has been this way for many years. It cannot handle background tasks and is completely out of parity in function and performance with other Adobe software such as photoshop and inDesign.

717 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It is not as straightforward as it may sound :) We have been working to take advantage of threads and other hardware such as GPU/Video RAM in places where it can make a higher impact. We are prioritizing areas that are slow instead of making a generic change and destabilizing the product. Product stability is the top priority for us and we have been consistently trying to improve it. We want to move with caution and make changes without compromising on the quality. Hope this helps.

9. Hide Grid on Perspective Tool

The "hide grid" function is so frustrating to select. Can it be larger or the target area around it be bigger?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add Control keys and f13 to f19 keys support to add shortkeys and actions on mac.

Please add Support for control key and f13 to f19 keys to add as keyboard shortcut keys or actions on mac. It will really increase productivity and speed for power user instead of clicking or use already assigned function keys.

Hope you will add this feature in coming update.

Cheers :)

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shape fill colour and path not aligned in GPU view

When GPU view is turned on (which is often necessary as Illustrator now runs so slowly in CPU), the fill colour of objects isn't completely aligned to the path. This makes it extremely difficult when working with anchors. It is only an appearance issue and is resolved when you switch to CPU view, however could this be resolved in GPU?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. transform again tool glitch

In Adobe Illustrator, I use the transform again tool a lot during my day to day and seemingly recently, it hasn’t been affecting live or outlined type* when it will affect any other regular object. Has anyone come across this on their own or know how to fix it? It will continue to transform the text if you scale up or down as well repeating moves but when scaling objects to certain sizes using the guides and then replicating the same growth on the text object doesn’t work.

I’ve tried ungrouping, releasing the compound path, tried intersecting the shapes, the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Display Performance Quality like InDesign (an image proxy capability for large images)

It would be cool to be able to adjust the Display Performance (even if only on placed bitmaps) like InDesign (Fast Display / Typical Display / High Quality Display) in order to gain a performance boost.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When zooming in in 23.0.3 what I am zooming in on disappears and takes several seconds to load. Frustrating & time wasting.

When zooming in in 23.0.3 what I am zooming in on disappears and takes several seconds to load. It worked fine in the previous version. It also is taking a very long time to open files that used to open quickly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Tool for understanding storage size (bytes in file/memory) of single object or group of ojbects in document

Often Illustrator file size have very large size. And Illustrator interface at now provide no ways for understand, which objects englarge file size, and how to reduce the size.

Main question is for embedded objects (pixel images) - before embedding we can see file size, but after embedding - fields in panel becomes empty! Why?

So, please fix, at first, showing info about embedded images in Links panel, and next - create some tool for review size of currently selected group of objects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Suddenly Crashing and then Reopening with a Text Import Options pop up. Please fix. What is going on?

There are many instances mentioned on the web of illustrator file suddenly crashing and a text import options pop up appearing when you try to reopen. The file is then blank. It doesn't matter how many times you have saved it. There is nothing in layers. Please fix

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. An ability to resize all selected objects to a specific size

If you have multiple objects selected that range in size, say .5" to .75". they ability to select them all, then size them ALL to 2" and not just the first object to hit 2".

42 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. zoom in/out percentage scroll bar

Please add zoom in/out percentage scroll bar back to navigator . Illustrator 6 has it and both Photoshop 6 and cloud have it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base