1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

177 results found

1. Enchanced anti-aliasing

Illustrator's anti-aliasing is very dirty and very-very dark. I personally work mostly on icons in Illustrator and the reason I avoid the application for say simple UI is that the result will be dirty. If I import my illustration from AI to Photoshop or Adobe XD - the whole layout will become much cleaner, lighter on preview and on export from there.

Recently I've encountered a situation when my colleague had a small circle, and for this circle, the stroke's been defined as black and the fill was transparent. In Illustrator it looked like the circle hadn't a hole in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 自動選択のウィンドウの許容値を最終使用した数値で固定してほしい。

自動選択のウィンドウの許容値を最後に使用した許容値で固定してほしい。現状は別ファイルを開くと20に戻ってしまう。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Develop an even better tool for illustrator like Zeplin

Can't you develop a tool like Zeplin or Sketch Measure for illustrators? For a long-term support illustrator users feel very disappointed!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Less bugs, better perfomance, less bloat: bring back your a team on Illustrator!

On the general course of Adobe (and especially Illustrator and XD)
    :
    - I've been defending Illustrator as a viable alternative to Sketch for screen design for years now within my team. But I am about to give up. Bugs and slow performance make it border unusable and make me look bad!
    - Please put your A-team back on Illustrator (and give it the XD engine) OR move faster with XD (probably the wiser option).
    - On XD: fantastic vector engine, but you guys are getting your *** kicked by Invision Studio (state-to-state hifi prototyping) and Figma (collaboration).

Step it…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hardware Acceleration is not useful for textures...

Hardware acceleration using GPUs does not seem to improve texture rendering performance, for example at 300 dpi or higher raster render quality, the UI lags a lot for complex files.... Same is the case for effects such as blur, glow etc. GPUs are much more capable in rendering than CPUs and Illustrator doesn't seem to take advantage of their rendering power. For example it lags on a GTX 1070 with an 8 thread CPU once you start using raster effects/textures. Please improve texture/raster effect performance using hardware acceleration and optimisation for multithreaded systems.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcut Customization like Corel

Time Saving Shortcut Customization like Corel. There are so many extra steps you have to take instead of being able to create your own shortcut keys. Align/Distribute is just one of many.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Illustrator CC often crash if GPU Performance is enabled on Macbook Pro Touch Bar 2016

Actually, turn it off will solve the issue, but sluggish zoom in/out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Display Performance Quality like InDesign (an image proxy capability for large images)

It would be cool to be able to adjust the Display Performance (even if only on placed bitmaps) like InDesign (Fast Display / Typical Display / High Quality Display) in order to gain a performance boost.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Illustrator is full of bugs, what is happening?

I've never experience such poor performance, it took me more than 3 days to complete a simple logo because Illustrator is extremely slow, full of bugs, pixelated vector, invisible layers wont go invisible, crashing without saving even when I have saved my preferences to save files when crash occur. Indesign has been giving some issues too but I didn't really had the time to deal with the app to figure it out more. I just wish Illustrator would work smoothly every time I work on it, is extremely painful to waste all that time trying to figure it out what…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I would like to be able to use the program without being signed in, I have a slow connection and the cc activities make other internet traff

I would like to be able to use the program without being signed in, I have a slow connection and the cc activities make other internet traffic impossible at times when I am using illustrator.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. acceleration for hardware with nvidia 550M

please support for nvidia GTX 550M in theory my graphic card is support but adobe illustrator does not recognize it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to Set Scratch Disks on Startup

Our users need to change their Scratch Disk settings from the default Startup to a different drive in order for Illustrator to work correctly in our environment. This is more problematic now since our Mac Pro's have small SSDs. The fact that users have to launch Illustrator, navigate to preferences, change this setting, and then relaunch Illustrator before the Scratch Disk settings take effect is irritating. Unfortunately, in our environment this setting does not stick, so every time our users log in to a different computer they need to make this change.

Please add a feature, similar to Photoshop's OPT…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Path selection sensitivity in Illustrator

You've finally made the node & anchor point sizes adjustable - HURRAY! However now when trying to directly select a path, i instead have to click on an area NEAR it but not ON it, so as not to pick up the other nearby paths. Furthermore, instead of being able to click in a blank area and drag my selection tool to pick up the paths Id like, it picks up everything near enough to where I've clicked in that blank space. It NEVER used to do that. Ive tried adjusting all the settings to no avail. its like now…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would really like a drop down menu to pick which graphics card I want to use

I would really like to be able to pick which graphics card I want to use in a drop down instead of illustrator automatically picking. Even though my 1080ti is the primary in my bios, illustrator insists on using the 780ti and I have no way of changing it without disabling my 780 all together. There needs to be a simpler way to change this

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Better performance over networks by automatically copying files locally...

We store all our files on a network drive. Now I know that illustrator performance improves if I copy the network files locally before opening them in illustrator, but this is a major pain because I have to copy them back afterwards and if there are linked assets involved it becomes too much having to verify that all the links are pointing to the correct location.

It would be nice if AI had an option to do this copying automatically so that all non-local files that are opened are copied first into a temporary local directory and then saved back…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assets Export - Good but could be better

The assets exporter is a good idea but:
    1 - As name it takes the top-layer/group name. I have everything sorted in groups and what I need is in the 3rd level, thats the name and the layers I want to export as an assets, but is imposible right now.

2- Why it works only dragging from the canvas? It would be SO good if we could drag them from the Layer tab, more handy.

3- Why the asset preview hide if you hide the layer/group? Makes no sense and makes it more confusing.

Those are so common sense things,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Keyboard shortcuts for Align/Distribute commands and 'Align to' modes

I miss having keyboard shortcuts for align/distribute from my CorelDraw days. I'm a pro designer in a fast turnaround environment, and keyboard shortcuts are essential to my workflow.

As far as I know, the numeric keypad isn't being used in Illustrator. My proposal is: Pressing 0 toggles between absolute to the artboard or relative to last item selected. Pressing 2, 4, 5, 6, 8 will perform the align .2 = bottom, 4 = left, 5 = centre, 6 = right, 8 = top. Additionally 7 = distribute horizontal, 9 = distribute vertical.

Also, please copy the CorelDraw keyboard shortcut Tab…

237 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The most recent version finally has the Object > Distribute menu added.

Now both Align and Distribute commands can be accessed via menu and have assigned keyboards shortcuts to them.

The order of the commands though seemingly matches the one the panel has: horizontal first for Align and vertical first for Distribute. If you find this odd and want to change it — vote here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/45855823-sync-the-order-of-align-and-distribute-menu-comman

Also, Align To and Distribute Spacing commands are still missing in top menus, so please keep voting here to make them added too.

18. Honestly I would rather an entire year go by with now new features if

Honestly, I would rather an entire year go by with no new features. Instead, I would rather all of Adobe's efforts go into making the applications run faster. I am running a brand new, completely decked out MacBook pro, and am doing some UX design in illustrator. It is getting really frustrating when I try to nudge an item with the left arrow button and have to wait a couple seconds for it to actually happen.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Thanks a fkng Lot Adobe.

I am unable to save my illustrator files. They all appear blank. I am on a deadline & Adobe is literally screwing with my income. WTF?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here