When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

390 results found

1. Make Increase / decrease font size hotkeys to respect chosen Font Height Options

Font Height Options are amazing.
    It’s almost a perfect feature to my taste... but when I hit Font Size Step Up / Down or Point Size Up / Down (Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + ./, and Alt/Opt + Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + ./,) — Illustrator adds the chosen Size/Leading value (from Preferences > Type) to the Em Box size anyway, and not the x-height or the Cap height I chose to work with.

So, say, with chosen step 0.5 mm and x-height 15 mm I get 15.267 mm instead of 15.5 mm as the next size up, or 16.335 mm instead…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Spellchecker exception

I work on thousands of Illustrator files, often just proofing or looking for errors. The addition of the spellchecker was great for speeding up my visual scan of the files, but...

It works as it should in area text, but if there is point text with forced line breaks, every word at the beginning of a line which is not capitalised gets flagged as an error which defeats my quick visual scan.

I've had to write an action to select all text, convert it to area text, and then remove paragraph breaks so that I can see the spelling mistakes…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For when you're creating graphics in different Middle Eastern or south asian languages there should be a option to format the whole artboad

When you don't know the language in which you're designing you can miss formatting text boxes. They end up being gross errors in your final output.
    Also, it requires too many steps even now.
    A button to format the text on an entire artboard would really save a lot of time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to show only the actual missing fonts in missing fonts list

Please provide an option to show only the missing fonts in the top half of the missing fonts dialog box. If only the missing fonts were visible we wouldn't have to constantly scroll up and down the missing fonts list to find the yellow triangle.
    Option only, because it is useful to see all the fonts that are used in a file...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. create outlines into groups

It would help my pre production workflow a lot if it was possible to automatically create "separated" groups from text objects when I use create outlines on big chunk of text. For now one text block equals one object. It could be a function allowing me to produce single groups for every line shift for example.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow apple’s “accent menu” to be used inside Adobe apps, instead of repeating the character endlessly.

Currently if you press and hold a physical keyboard button, it just repeats the character like this sssssssssss.
    If the macOS feature “accent menu” works in future versions of Adobe apps. Typing in other languages that use accents like Italian (for example è and ì) would be easier. Instead of typing on another word processor then pasting into Adobe app. You can type è é ê ë ē easily on an English keyboard.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Opacity mask detection and text inside

Sometimes we need to convert all text in the document to shapes (Create Outline) to be in the save side in print process.

When we have opacity masks that have text inside the mask layer, we can't edit it until we find the mask. Sometime, we receive documents that we didn't make ourselves and it will be not be easy to find all masks.

The suggestion is to:
    - Have a command to find out all opacity masks.
    - Have a command to select text in the whole document even inside the masks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Auto fit text in text panel

It would be really useful if Illustrator could autofit text within set parameters, similar to InDesign. This would minimize over matter that often occurs when importing text, especially when using the variable links.
    I mean resize the text to fit the text frame to avoid over matter and get everything in. Text frame size should not change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Menu TYPE no Illustrator

Creio que seria muito interessante inverter a ordem no Menu Type:
    "Fontes Recentes" ficar antes da opção "Fontes".
    Porquê:
    Ao levar o ponteiro do mouse para o menu "Fontes Recentes", quase sempre o mouse atinge a opção "Fontes", o que trava momentaneamente o programa (carregando as fontes). Então, o que deveria ser uma coisa rápida, prática, acaba ficando lenta. A troca na ordem dessas opções acabaria com esse incoveniente.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Umlaute

In den Adobe Programmen ist es sehr umständlich Umlaute zu verwenden wenn man mit dem Mac arbeitet. In der Regel ist es so, dass man z.B. ä, ö und ü bilden kann in dem man lange auf die Tasten a, o und u drückt. Dann öffnet sich ein Kontextmenü in dem man den gewünschten Umlaut auswählen kann. Leider ist die Verwendung von Umlauten nur mit komplizierten Shortcuts möglich. Hier ist dringend eine Verbesserung nötig!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Copy Live Type into Indesign in Preserving text boxes

I work on graphic novels where the type layers are set in PS (ugh)
    Brought into Illustrator as editable text. Would love to be able to copy and paste the entire page as editable formatted text into InDesign,
    Currently it pastes as outlines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Place embedded pdf Link with Option to Convert all text as outlines

When opening a pdf in illustrator, if the pdf contains fonts that are not installed on the system. it will ask to find the font. and substitute a system default. the vector data for that font is in the pdf. if you take the same pdf, place it as a link, then flatten transparency, you can select "Convert all text to outlines", I would like the option to select "Convert all text to outlines" when embedding a placed PDF, so all fonts will be outlines and show properly even if font is not shown. it would use pdf font data…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

We have started working on the tech that allows us to enable the following:

• Ability to convert the outlined/expanded text back to live text.
    • Ability to lock objects to a character/glyph of a live text, allowing users to change the text (properties) while the object stays locked into the character.

As we work through the complexities of handling different font families, font size, and other font properties, we would love to meet with you and share our thinking around it and understand :

• Your use cases and workflows that this feature will help you with.
    • What is most essential for you.
    • The workarounds that you currently use to achieve this.

If you are interested, please pick a time slot that works for you using this link. https://calendly.com/meetai/60min?month=2023-01

14. Add option to scale point type from the baseline, rather than bounding box

It would be really useful to be able to scale text from the baseline - often I have text positioned in a layout and want to resize it, but as it scales from the bounding box it then requires lining up again.

I'd suggest a tool that allows the user to scale from the text baseline. for multiline text there would probably need to be a way of selecting which line to scale from - maybe a first / last line toggle, and an option of placing a cursor and that would be the line to scale from?

I know…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Japanese characters in Japanese fonts are misaligned in Vertical Text Alignment

Starting with v24.3, vertical text alignment is now available. This is a great feature we have been waiting for. However, characters in Japanese fonts are misaligned at the center and bottom, as shown in Figure-1.

This is probably due to the fact that the bottom edge of the character is used as the baseline.Maybe we need The Last Baseline option.It's a tough road. But the Illustrator team can make it happen, I am sure of it.

Japanese:
    v24.3より、垂直方向のテキスト配置が利用できるようになりました。これは待ち望んでいた素晴らしい機能です。しかし、日本語フォントの文字は、Figure-1に示すように、中央揃えと下揃えの位置がずれてしまいます。
    これは、文字の下端をベースラインとしていることが原因と思われます。末尾ベースラインオプションが必要かもしれません。大変な道のりです。しかし、Illustratorチームはそれを実現できる、私はそう確信しています。

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Adobe fonts do not auto activate reliably. Constant issues with Adobe fonts activating properly.

Your product does not auto activate and integrate "Adobe Fonts" properly. Fonts constantly fail to load or activate from the Adobe fonts library.

When features like this are not available, you are selling us a product that does not work. Everyone paying for an adobe subscription should be refunded based on the value of the feature. I.e. we should all be refunded for the value of PANTONE color use your app lost... why are we constantly paying to subscribe to a suite of programs that does not live up to the features promised? Send me a letter when the class…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 'Position-Lockable' Text Boxes/text

Would it be possible to be able to 'lock' the position of a text box/line of text, but for the text content still be editable? This would be great for templated work, or just to make sure nothing shifts on the artboard to keep consistency.?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Arabic text options RTL not only in Arabic version of illustrator

When I try to mix Arabic words with english words and punctuations the text ends up messed up because of the lack of RTL option which is only available to Arabic illustrator but I don't want to download the Arabic version just to type in Arabic. I work in a company that deals with translations all the time and Arabic is always an issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Find and Replace text panel not closing after every replacement

When you need to replace multiple text in illustrator right now you need to copy the text go to Edit - Find and replace, paste your text, replace it, and then click done which results to closing the window.

So you must reopen the window every time for the next replacement.

You can have this option as it is in InDesign where you can copy and paste text while the window is open and the window stays open after you done replacing. Also it will be more convenient to be able to add the panel at the dock.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Vote for: Urdu Language Support...... will be a Great Help

Dear Great Adobe Team,
    Please add Urdu Support in Adobe, Arabic, Persian is available in Adobe if you can ad Urdu language, this is just another instance Like Arabic and Persian Language, not a big difference but it will make a great Help.... Thanks

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base