1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

390 results found

1. A favorite fonts floating palette

While I’m designing let’s say a poster, I an using 4 fonts,, would like to be able to access those 4 fonts anytime, instead of going to fonts, or characters , having a floating pallet so I can see the fonts and seek them immediately.
    Just like when you pull a pallets out from the tools pallet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For when you're creating graphics in different Middle Eastern or south asian languages there should be a option to format the whole artboad

When you don't know the language in which you're designing you can miss formatting text boxes. They end up being gross errors in your final output.
    Also, it requires too many steps even now.
    A button to format the text on an entire artboard would really save a lot of time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Menu TYPE no Illustrator

Creio que seria muito interessante inverter a ordem no Menu Type:
    "Fontes Recentes" ficar antes da opção "Fontes".
    Porquê:
    Ao levar o ponteiro do mouse para o menu "Fontes Recentes", quase sempre o mouse atinge a opção "Fontes", o que trava momentaneamente o programa (carregando as fontes). Então, o que deveria ser uma coisa rápida, prática, acaba ficando lenta. A troca na ordem dessas opções acabaria com esse incoveniente.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Umlaute

In den Adobe Programmen ist es sehr umständlich Umlaute zu verwenden wenn man mit dem Mac arbeitet. In der Regel ist es so, dass man z.B. ä, ö und ü bilden kann in dem man lange auf die Tasten a, o und u drückt. Dann öffnet sich ein Kontextmenü in dem man den gewünschten Umlaut auswählen kann. Leider ist die Verwendung von Umlauten nur mit komplizierten Shortcuts möglich. Hier ist dringend eine Verbesserung nötig!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type, Fonts, Text  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. It would be very useful if we could get text format from above the picture

It would be very useful if we could get text format from above the picture, same like you can easly see this option by google search by image.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 'Position-Lockable' Text Boxes/text

Would it be possible to be able to 'lock' the position of a text box/line of text, but for the text content still be editable? This would be great for templated work, or just to make sure nothing shifts on the artboard to keep consistency.?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Select Same Text Contents

Please make a way to select text object with the same contents.
    Would be very useful for many practical cases.
    Sure with have Find and Replace, but it won’t allow us to SELECT these text objects,, which we can use for styling, hiding, moving, rearranging, and more.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The latest Beta version (27.7) has the ability to filter contents of the Layers panel with an input field at the top of the panel. It does not directly select the objects that have the chosen value in their names (this includes the text contents), but allows to select them faster in the panel.

Does it help?

9. Copy Live Type into Indesign in Preserving text boxes

I work on graphic novels where the type layers are set in PS (ugh)
    Brought into Illustrator as editable text. Would love to be able to copy and paste the entire page as editable formatted text into InDesign,
    Currently it pastes as outlines.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatically restore Type Character panel settings

When entering text, sometimes we modify settings in the Character panel.
    For example, to type CO2 (carbon dioxide) correctly, we select the '2' and enable "Subscript" on it.
    What is very annoying is that this custom setting ("Subscript" in above example) remains enabled the next time we enter some completely different text elsewhere and we always have to go back and first fix the setting in the Character panel.

Feature suggestion:
    Changes made to the "Character panel" should automatically reset to "default" once the text block editing is completed (or before starting editing some new text elsewhere).

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Opacity mask detection and text inside

Sometimes we need to convert all text in the document to shapes (Create Outline) to be in the save side in print process.

When we have opacity masks that have text inside the mask layer, we can't edit it until we find the mask. Sometime, we receive documents that we didn't make ourselves and it will be not be easy to find all masks.

The suggestion is to:
    - Have a command to find out all opacity masks.
    - Have a command to select text in the whole document even inside the masks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Auto fit text in text panel

It would be really useful if Illustrator could autofit text within set parameters, similar to InDesign. This would minimize over matter that often occurs when importing text, especially when using the variable links.
    I mean resize the text to fit the text frame to avoid over matter and get everything in. Text frame size should not change.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Adobe fonts do not auto activate reliably. Constant issues with Adobe fonts activating properly.

Your product does not auto activate and integrate "Adobe Fonts" properly. Fonts constantly fail to load or activate from the Adobe fonts library.

When features like this are not available, you are selling us a product that does not work. Everyone paying for an adobe subscription should be refunded based on the value of the feature. I.e. we should all be refunded for the value of PANTONE color use your app lost... why are we constantly paying to subscribe to a suite of programs that does not live up to the features promised? Send me a letter when the class…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fonts do not displaying on Character panel

Select the text inside the illustrator and character panel is empty, never show any fonts be using. My computer didn't install the fonts but can display correctly in illustrator.
    When exported to PDF, can check the fonts is using Lora-Bold.

I'm really frustrated and worries, how to check incoming files if always having this issue.

Please help on this method.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Arabic text options RTL not only in Arabic version of illustrator

When I try to mix Arabic words with english words and punctuations the text ends up messed up because of the lack of RTL option which is only available to Arabic illustrator but I don't want to download the Arabic version just to type in Arabic. I work in a company that deals with translations all the time and Arabic is always an issue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Find and Replace text panel not closing after every replacement

When you need to replace multiple text in illustrator right now you need to copy the text go to Edit - Find and replace, paste your text, replace it, and then click done which results to closing the window.

So you must reopen the window every time for the next replacement.

You can have this option as it is in InDesign where you can copy and paste text while the window is open and the window stays open after you done replacing. Also it will be more convenient to be able to add the panel at the dock.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make Increase / decrease font size hotkeys to respect chosen Font Height Options

Font Height Options are amazing.
    It’s almost a perfect feature to my taste... but when I hit Font Size Step Up / Down or Point Size Up / Down (Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + ./, and Alt/Opt + Shift + Ctrl/Cmd + ./,) — Illustrator adds the chosen Size/Leading value (from Preferences > Type) to the Em Box size anyway, and not the x-height or the Cap height I chose to work with.

So, say, with chosen step 0.5 mm and x-height 15 mm I get 15.267 mm instead of 15.5 mm as the next size up, or 16.335 mm instead…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set Default Font and Font Size for all new documents

Changing the default character style in Illustrator should be permanent when creating new documents. Font size 12 is rarely used for any project I've designed, and Myriad Pro is used even less so, from my experience. Having to change this every time is user friction that is unnecessary, when we could define our own font and font size that is more applicable to one's intended use of Illustrator. It's a minor inconvenience that adds up to an annoyance over time, and I hope that in the future we have the ability to skip this step.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The intended way of setting a default font is to edit document profiles. These files are located in folders like 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2023\Support Files\Required\New Document Profiles\[language]\' on Windows and 'Macintosh HD > Applications ▸ Adobe Illustrator 2020 > Support Files > New Document Profiles > [language]' on Macs.

Make a copy of the one you want to use someplace else, open it in Illustrator, make your changes, replace the original and then use it when creating a new file.

There are many tutorials on the web about managing these, like this one: https://productivista.com/new-document-profiles-saves-your-default-settings/

However, this way indeed is not the most discoverable. Please continue to vote and leave comments if you want this to be improved.

19. too hard to change text size

it's too hard to change text size in the small boxes in the character window. Hard to select all the content. Hard to select the number part only. And both of these are the only way to make it work. Please just change behavior so that clicking in the box selects all the content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Illustrator catalan dictionary

It will be great if Illustrator includes Catalan dictionary and Spelling as in Indesign

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base