• My feedback
  1. 597 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

689 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    NOTE:
    1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
    2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Introduce Undo History panel

Please introduce Undo panel to Adobe Illustrator, listing all the steps that have been performed on a document during the current session, so one can quickly switch between any previous state and current state after testing a number of changes by clicking any item in the displayed Undo stack.

See this Adobe Forums thread for details:

https://forums.adobe.com/message/9801291

315 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

63 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me turn off the obnoxious alternate glyphs popups

Because experienced users hate popups popping up all over their work!

148 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

4. Smart Guides when hovering over object and holding Cmd / Ctrl

In Photoshop, when you hover over an object and hold Cmd / Ctrl, there is a distance display. Please add this in Illustrator.

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to show rulers by default

I would like an option to set the rulers to show by default. I know it's only one shortcut away, but I have to do it about a million times a day. (OK, maybe only 500K)

83 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to select multiple objects in the layers panel

We have the ability to click on one layer, hold shift and click on another layer to select all the layers in between. Just like in Photoshop and After Effects. What we need is the ability to do that to select not layers, but the objects themselves. Like clicking on the bullseye next to the layer to select the object, then Shift-Clicking on another object in order to select all of the layers in between.

I know this can easily be solved by just grouping those objects together and just selecting the group but sometimes I might not need the…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Added To Backlog  ·  29 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Locked objects Show a "lock" icon Like InDesign

A great feature to have in Illustrator is to unlock the locked object by clicking on the Lock icon next to the object. its hard to tell which object is locked except by going to object -> unlock All, or Check the Layers Panel. Adobe InDesign has this feature for years.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  4 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Display spacing information between objects in adobe illustrator

I think it would be cool if illustrator would provide a way to measure the distance between objects (shapes, lines, type, etc.).

Thanks.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Prevent illustrator from selecting an object by clicking on its shadow

Currently Illustrator will select an object if you click on its shadow. It's quite annoying wanting to select an object affected by another object's shadow, and ending up selecting the object casting the shadow instead.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 100% size is actually actual size

Allow Illustrator to be monitor-aware. Have a feature where there is an onscreen ruler, and ask the user to hold up a real ruler to the screen. Let them drag a slider until the onscreen ruler perfectly matches the physical ruler. Then let this % value become the new "100% size" for that machine. Currently to see my artwork at 100% size, I need to set my view to 192%. I wish there was a setting to set my "100%" to default to 192%.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In CC 2019 (latest update 23.0.1), at 100% Zoom 1inch artwork would display at 1inch in physical (Print) size, on any display. If this doesn’t work right for screen design workflows, please use the checkbox Preferences > General > Display Print Size at 100% Zoom, to turn off the feature. Currently this feature works only on primary display, and there are plans of extending this to other attached displays.

11. Please let us turn off the Tour

Please please please let us turn off the tour. It is annoying beyond words to have it always popping while working.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assignable keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING.

In the 'keyboard shortcuts' dialogue, I would like to have a section that contains the flyout menu items and buttons of every palette.

Ideally this would be automatically populated when a palette is created, so that palettes created by 3rd-party plugins would be able to take advantage of this without a new version.

Currently there is an 'other panels' section in the assignable menu commands that lets you assign keystrokes to ten seemingly-arbitrary palette menu items. I'd love to see a ton more choices there. No need for default shortcuts; this is a way for power users to pick exactly…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello,

Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience the issue has caused. We do test our products thoroughly including running it through multiple beta testers and we really regret that this issue slipped past our quality checks.
    We have a fix and is available in the pre-release build. Please visit https://adobe.ly/1o2SDsg and get the latest build for version 23.0.5 (Build 3). While the build is prerelease this build is still of production quality. Please feel free to use/recommend it for your day to day activity.
    We would appreciate if you can give us the feedback on the correctness of the fix by pressing the Thumbs up button on the UserVoice page.

Regards,
    Ankit Goyal
    Illustrator Team

14. Offset path

Would like to see option to always have preview on. Also arrow controls for incremental measurement changes (as in transform) . These are available in many other parts of the interface.

This would speed up the process of creating an offset path.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom layer colors, layer 5 yellow is killing me

Can i please change the default layer colors so that layer 5 is not always yellow? I set up files all day long and yellow on white is ******* the eyes, would love to be able to set a default layer color for the first 5 or six new layers. Thank you.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Make the Align Objects Contextual

Make the Align Objects functionality more closely resemble After Effects insofar as when you select 1element Align To Selection automatically sets to Composition and when two or more elements are selected Align To Selection is automatically selected. This 'Align Auto-selection' could be a preference.

If this isn't possible or sensible at least make the two options (Selection and Composition) both visible or bigger and not in a dropdown.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Layer Panel Rename + tab

This one is (or sounds) easy and would mimick Photoshop’s function :
    I need to be able to rename layers in a row without scripting, by simply typing tab to go to the next visible layer’s name.

+ it would really help with Character Animator's process.

Step by step :

I’m in the Layers panel.
    Those are badly named (layer 1, layer 2, layer 7…)
    I double click on the top layer (1) name to change it.
    I type « item A »
    Then i press Tab once.
    I’m now in the « layer 2 » name field, and all…

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CMD - CMD + : Zoom to center screen as in Previous versions

In new versions, CMD + and CMD - Zoom to center of a selected object rather than always the centre of the screen.
    It would be great if the possibility to restore the old feature was given.

Thank you!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

19. Save and sync Keyboard shortcuts in the cloud

I've been waiting for this feature for quite some time.

I was hoping it would be there when CC first came out, and it's still missing. Will there be such a feature anytime soon?

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Rotate in Portrait Mode on Surface Pro

When rotating the Surface Pro from landscape to portrait, Illustrator will not stay in portrait mode. It reverts back to landscape.
    Adobe Photoshop works in portrait mode.
    Illustrator used to work in portrait mode, but no longer does in CC 2017 and CC 2018.

Example of issue here:
    https://youtu.be/fVQQJR9SMzg

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base