When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Easier (or any) control over objects in layers

When in a layer I create an object, I need to be able to access it easily and control its order in the layer window. so my suggestion is:
    right click also allows selecting an object - like in photoshop
    A function that allows me to choose 2 objects and arrange their order - right now we need to press move back until you get to the correct order, it's very frustrating

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow me to return to the interface that I've become accustomed to.

I absolutely hate updating Adobe Illustrator. This new Illustrator interface update is infuriating. The workflow that I've developed over years of working with this product is broken. I don't understand how anything works and I spend more energy wrestling with an interface that a just a short while ago was transparent to me than I do in the actual creative work that I am paid for. I'm sure you're proud of your work. I'm sure that you've tested it with naive users (I hope!) maybe even some seasoned users. But recognize that every time you make radical changes to the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. If an active text area is way off-screen, end text entry and treat keyboard input as shortcuts.

If you have been typing in a text area and pan away somewhere else, continuing to type results in the view port being dragged part of the way back to the active text area with the first key stroke and the rest of the way on the second.

Typing into an off-screen text area is almost always a mistake for me and usually results in a text area that is now empty except for a Space, V, T or A character from my most common keyboard shortcuts. I'd prefer if it just registered that I probably didn't want to type…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a panel setting to auto-expand "Layers" panel

Please add a panel option to the "Layers" panel to expand new layers by default. I'm sick of clicking it for each new document I create.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Use arrow keys to kern letterforms

I would like to use arrow keys to visually kern letterforms, instead of having to enter numerical values = what you can do now only if you outline type. Thanks, Barry

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Missing a Modal Pop up

Dear Adobe...
    If I spend time organizing my art and putting it onto multiple layers and contains HUNDREDS of pieces, when I make a masking layer you take my artwork and smash it all into one layer WITHOUT popping a modal saying this will smash it all into one layer and waste a day of your life having to re-organize it into layers again because a stakeholder requested edits...You failed me. Bad Adobe BAD.

Please fix this, it's really not cool. When I think of all the hours of my life that you have wasted on things like this over…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shape properties panel - can't see a way to open it permanently

When you have a primitive shape selected in the properties panel there are three dots which allow you to edit the shape attributes eg pie angle if it's a circle. I can see no way to have that panel open automatically why is it always hidden behind the three dots button? I'm constantly having to click to open that panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Effects" in menu when right clicking a selected object similar to InDesign.

In InDesign I can select an object and then right click on a PC and the menu that appears shows shows "effects." Illustrator should do that as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Non-Latin Support for Numbers in UI

I use Bengali extensively in CC, and it's frustrating that the interface doesn't understand Bengali numerals as their latin equivalents - for example if I type ৩৩ in the font size, it doesn't understand it as 33. However, I noticed that in the latest version of InDesign (13.0 x64) it does recognize & convert Bengali numerals - for example when I type ৩৩ in the font size box it converts it to 33pt. However, this still doesn't work in the current version of Illustrator (22.0.1 x64), and it would make sense to have this feature throughout the major CC products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New crop feature

Would much prefer this feature to be similar to InDesign. Don't see me likely to use as is since it throws away unused data and embeds. Ability to NOT crop like that is one of the most useful features in InDesign. Masking although clumsy as a crop tool seems it will remain more flexible and useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Efect menu

I would like to provide a suggestion, to the "Effect" menu of Illustrator, they will take the same aesthetics from the rest of the menus. "Effect" looks very Windows 95.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Different color guidelines

SInce I am working on several different artboards at the same time, it would be great to be able to have the capability to have different color guidelines. I Also have times when using a single artboard it would be nice to be able to have more than a single color guideline so I can for instance a Color to guidelines for each artboard. There are times I need to use multiple guidelines and being able to have multi colors for the guidelines. I would be able to have more than one color at a time designated for different reasons

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Expand Image Trace

When you do an image trace of an image there is no button to expand it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove units from input boxes

When editing a value in an input box, e.g. the width of an artboard, the unit (px) is still included in the box. This makes it harder to hit the right spot in the text with your mouse, and makes it more prone to error. It's especially annoying when performing arithmetic!

Trying to avoid this situation: "306 p+34x"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search window in all Adobe programs

Add a window where I can search a feature, window, or command that exists in the program.
    It's hard to remember where everything is located.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In the new properties, have the overflow menu at the top opposite the panel name.

Feels odd seeing the overflow menu at the bottom, where it almost looks like it's part of the panel above it. Also, by placing it at the top of each panel, this could have space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow tool bar to be fixed horizontally on either top or bottom

Now that the properties has been finally set in the right panel, I love it! This allows me to have the layers set in the left panel. Next step, It would be nice to have the ability to set the tool bar above or below horizontally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can you fix this?

Hi,

I have this problem, I don't know whether this is a bug, but I really need you to fix this or is there any solution for this.

Some how there's ripped effect on my artworks but when publish it looks fine, only during editing.

Thanks,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Highlighted cursor markers on rulers

I would love to see an option to enable a highlighted cursor marker on the ruler. To explain what I mean by cursor marker, I mean the small, light gray line that follows where your cursor is along the x and y ruler. This light gray line is very hard to distinguish its exact position against the background ruler markers, since there is literally no contrast between them. I would love to see an option to change it to any of the system swatches.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base