When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a color selector to the Stroke panel

When tweaking the Stroke of an Object, it's nice to have all properties in one panel. Why not add a Color selector to the Stroke panel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Increase save dialog text width for long filenames (Mac OS)

Discussed this with Default Folder developers that Mac OS system dialog box's text width cannot be modified.

Instead, can Adobe improve the save dialog to allow a wider responsive text box for saving filenames.

Currently, filenames only allow 30 characters before it is hidden by the system's box size.

Example filename structure:
    - Project Name + Title + 2020-06-20 File State.ext

Sample name:
    - Adobe Feature Request 2020-06-20 IN PROGRESS.ai
    - Adobe Feature Request 2020-06-20 COMPLETE.ai

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Preferences for layers panel

Obviously there are a lot of ideas and requests for the layers panel because everyone wants to customize it for their own uses. Adding a bunch of options in the preferences panel would be better than a lot of "permanent" changes.

I don't like the fact that every element is on a separate layer at all, for my projects it is not necessary. In InDesign I get to choose what elements are on which layer - that would be sooooooo nice in Illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Document Setup - Artboard size not showing cursor

Pre update the artboard size fields (W: and H: fields) after clicking Document Setup button in top toolbar would show cursor position . After updating to 24.2 the cursor is no longer visible. The filed will highlight but we are not able to see the cursor position.

Please allow for cursor to be visible inside these fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Don´t highlight selected object automatic!

It's new since yesterday and it's patronizing, I hate it. Self-determination is important in design.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don´t highlight selected object automatic!

It's new since yesterday and it's patronizing, I hate it. Self-determination is important in design.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Measurement Labels when Snap to Grid is on

When Snap to Grid is on, Smart Guides stop working.
    Makes sense (kind of).
    Unfortunately, it also kills Measurement Labels, which could work fine with grid snapping.
    I'd like to have it independently.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Isn't it time to update the Find Font window?

(Re: Adobe Illustrator 24.1.3 Mac) It is a constant irritation, here in the year 2020, to be forced to deal with a a modal panel that looks like a relic of Mac OS 9. I am referring to the non-resizable Find Font window, which is so tiny that it cannot even display the full name of most fonts, forcing one to use the control-click preview to find out which style is being referenced. Note in this screenshot the two entries for "Myriad Pro Semibold Conde..." — and this isn't even a long font name. Imagine if it read "Berthold Bodoni…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Give us the option to pin a file or template to the home screen of Illustrator and photoshop.

I work with a file where I have saved many shadow effects and icons. I have to open a lot of files during the day and at the end of the day the Ai file gets bumped to the bottom or out of the home screen. The next day I have to look it up again and I feel it would be easier if I just could pin it to the home screen so it doesn't get bumped down or disappears completely of the home screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Warnings Popup Manager

Based on this request:
    https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-feature-requests/suggestions/40535569-add-don-t-show-again-option-to-error-dialog-for

Sometimes we need messages such as 'You locked art won't be moved' as warning messageboxes, and sometimes you'd prefer them don't interrupt you. While the 'Don't show again' seems like a good solution, the only way to bring it back when you switch to the task that depends on this error message, is to reset ALL warnings.
    Meanwhile, Ai can display messages as popups — like the 'All assets exported' (in green 'confirmtion' color) or 'Shape expanded' when live rectangle/ellipse is modified (in gray neutral color). I like these a lot. What if you change…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please why do your developers keep changing some features working properly? Paragraph Direction has been removed. Now ARABIC has big issue.

Please why do your developers keep changing some features working properly? Paragraph Direction has been removed. Now ARABIC has big issue. Unless we change all support files in the System, it doesn't work. It was working till a week ago and suddenly its removed???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Hello!

When right-click > Rotate, It would be very handly to have the angle field already selected to just insert the value, or to have it selected when you press Tab first time (now you need to press Tab 4 times in order to have the value field selected).

That would be great. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to change the height of top half of Find Fonts dialog box

It would be nice if the top half of the Find Fonts dialog box could also change height when you resize the box. It only show 5 fonts, and then they're not even in alphabetical order, so it's impossible to find the font you might want to change all instances to. Two screen shots attached: the first is the dialog box when it opens, the second is after I've resized it, but I cannot resize the list at the top...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to sort the font list(s) in Find Fonts dialog box

It would be helpful if the fonts in the Find Fonts dialog box could be sorted alphabetically. In my case, I am trying to consolidate all the various helvetica fonts that are being used in a large document to one foundry. As it is, they are all over the place, I think sorted by first use? but it would be helfpuf if I could sort by name, that way all my helveticas will be close to each other. Regardless, if the could be sorted that would be handy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Workspaces should upload to Creative Cloud or be exportable via the software

I'm currently hunting around on my hard-drive, following a myriad of help pages and forum posts trying to find my custom workspaces, which I only need to do because Adobe software doesn't allow you to either upload to Creative Cloud libraries or export/import via the software.

I personally don't want to spend two hours re-building my workspaces across all the Adobe software every time I update...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add "don't show again" option to error dialog for hidden and locked objects when moving or copying artboard

I am now noticing a error dialog appearing when I try to move or copy an artboard when any layer in the document is hidden or locked that says "Any hidden or locked objects in the artboards will not be moved." This is also appearing if I have any elements locked or hidden even when those objects are not on the artboard I am interacting with.

Normally this would be fine, but when the artboard contains only unlocked and visible elements on unlocked and visible layers I am still seeing the error popping every time I move or copy an…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guides in trim view

It would be great if guides stayed viewable in trim view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Palettes need corrections

In properties palette, when an object is selected, click on the ... on the right side of the first section AKA More OPTIONS displays the exact same thing that is already in the top section WITH the addition of the Scale corners and strokes, etc. What is the world is that for? Why not just have the OPTIONS to be the scale part and like the NORMAL palettes "More Options" they could be available all the time or collapsed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Flip function placement needs either change or moved.

There is a Flip Horizontal/Vertical function in the pull out Top Right of Transform palette. Please, either move it to the Right Click Menu or make available in both places.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to set custom keyboard shortcut for tool size larger and smaller

If you have an AZERTY (French) keyboard it is IMPOSSIBLE to increase or decrease the tool size using a key shortcut. Allowing users to set a custom key would at least permit them to work around this limitation, at the same time as it would enlarge the customization of the tool.

With AZERTY the default keys [ and ] aren't accessible except using the Alt Gr modifier, and this does not work. This is confirmed after extensive searching by the community from a question I asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/square-bracket-keys-on-azerty-touche-crochet-avec-clavier-azerty/m-p/11154730?page=1

Allowing to resize the tool with the keyboard is important for graphic…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base