When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. properties panel

The panels still show you properties even if nothing is selected. So you can tweak them all you want, just to notice you’re actually not modifying anything.

If nothing is selected they should be disabled

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Less Selection Handles

A new handle and selection system was introduced, which included rounded corners, scale, and rotation options. Some of this was a good feature, until it wasn't. I desire a preference for turning off most handle options because with them on, I'm unable to select-option drag copy, or move elements unless I zoom in 1000 percent. The rotate and modifier keeps getting in my way and it's driving me nuts. Selecting and moving objects shouldn't be this frustrating.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have an 'expand' button on the Image Trace properties panel

Have an 'expand' button on the Image Trace properties panel..

It's a pretty crazy change to remove it..
    why have it tucked away in the menus ?!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Need More Info  ·  Yogesh Sharma responded

The Expand button does appear in the Properties panel. Can you please check again at the bottom of the panel with traced object selected?

There is a bug though wherein if you have multiple tracing objects in a group, the Expand button may not appear. We are working on fixing it.

-Yogesh

4. Use arrow keys to kern letterforms

I would like to use arrow keys to visually kern letterforms, instead of having to enter numerical values = what you can do now only if you outline type. Thanks, Barry

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. zoom in/out without pressing alt button (only mouse scroll)

It would be much easier to have an option to zoom in/out by using only moue scroll

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. USE of .CXF FILES within adobe cc

As >cxf files will soon be the future of colour communication why do x-rite and adobe not integrate .cxf files with each other. The idea of a .cxf file is to help stabilise colour across various substrates, regardless of background hue, it allows the use of a spectrophotometer to read the colour and match it against a dE tolerance to make sure the colour is within specified range.
    Hence pantone live was born as every pantone book differs in colour, however a .cxf file never changes.

So pantone want you to use pantone live, which is fine until the colour…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Missing a Modal Pop up

Dear Adobe...
    If I spend time organizing my art and putting it onto multiple layers and contains HUNDREDS of pieces, when I make a masking layer you take my artwork and smash it all into one layer WITHOUT popping a modal saying this will smash it all into one layer and waste a day of your life having to re-organize it into layers again because a stakeholder requested edits...You failed me. Bad Adobe BAD.

Please fix this, it's really not cool. When I think of all the hours of my life that you have wasted on things like this over…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The default unit of measure option for stroke shouldn't be pixels.

The default unit of measure option for stroke shouldn't be pixels, because I don't think that's a good way to guide the flock.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A big persistent Color palette offering RGB and HSB and Grayscale at a glance.

When making Illustrations, I switch between RGB / HSB and Grayscale all the time. I have a 30" screen - room enough to show all mixers all the time.
    Please make this possible.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shape properties panel - can't see a way to open it permanently

When you have a primitive shape selected in the properties panel there are three dots which allow you to edit the shape attributes eg pie angle if it's a circle. I can see no way to have that panel open automatically why is it always hidden behind the three dots button? I'm constantly having to click to open that panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Extended Tools Panel

Less frequently used tools (in my case: Scissors, Paint Bucket) are hard to find in the standard Tools Palette. Wouldn't it be great when Illustrator had a preset to show all tools at a glance (on my 30" screen...)?

I know that it is possible to create custom tools panels - but especially when creating those, it's nice to have a view on all tools at once!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Replace Symbol widget missing from new Properties Panel - Needs Consistent Behavior

Maybe I'm missing something, but if I have a symbol sitting on an artboard, the Properties Panel will have the "Replace Symbol" drop-down widget so that I can easily change it.

However - if that same symbol is grouped, or displayed under a clipping mask - direct-selecting it (Control + Click) - this option will be missing from the Properties panel.

CC 2017 did not behave this way - and the toolbar at the top of the window would always show this option when a symbol was selected. For users who utilize a lot of symbols within working files, or…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Full stroke style capabilities in touch workspace

The stroke currently only lets you adjust the size of it, you should also be able to control the style of that stroke, whether you want it to be dashed or the shape of it in the touch workspace.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. "Effects" in menu when right clicking a selected object similar to InDesign.

In InDesign I can select an object and then right click on a PC and the menu that appears shows shows "effects." Illustrator should do that as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Top Tab Ordering

Is there a way to order the tabs at the top when multiple files are open?
    It is a real pain to reorder the tabs at the top, so that you can sequence through the pages in order of file name / date etc.
    It seems silly to have the top tabs, but not be able to have them automatically order themselves...
    (unless there is a way already)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unable to Resize Tool Panels (vertical axis)

Cannot 'grab' the bottom edge of a panel in the right column to move up or down. Panel size seems 'locked.' This causes lots of wasted space in the right column tool set UI. This problem exists in both the Essentials workspace and the Essentials Classic. This was not an issue in previous versions of Ai. Thanks for addressing this bug!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I am closing the ticket due to lack of response.
    Please get in touch with us at sharewithai@adobe.com or any of the other support channels.
    Since this is not a generic issue that we can reproduce at our end, we will need someone to look into your machine to figure out what is going on here.

17. The properties panel

It'll be great if the More Options (the three dots) appears automatically when passing the cursor, so it's less clicks to do, so is a faster workflow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Non-Latin Support for Numbers in UI

I use Bengali extensively in CC, and it's frustrating that the interface doesn't understand Bengali numerals as their latin equivalents - for example if I type ৩৩ in the font size, it doesn't understand it as 33. However, I noticed that in the latest version of InDesign (13.0 x64) it does recognize & convert Bengali numerals - for example when I type ৩৩ in the font size box it converts it to 33pt. However, this still doesn't work in the current version of Illustrator (22.0.1 x64), and it would make sense to have this feature throughout the major CC products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nudge buttons on Transform Tool

The new tools panel does not display nudge buttons on the transform tool X,Y, and W,H buttons. We use them frequently now have to display the application bar - which is a shame. There's room for them as the 'rounded corner' section has them!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Illustrator needs a layer composition panel like in photoshop

I'm still waiting for a feature which photoshop has for years: layer compositions. It would be so helpfull to save the visibility of layers.
    The feature "save view" is not a solution because you only can save the top levels.
    For example you are working on a map with hundreds of layers. For special maps you have to activate special layers and deactivate others. You have to do it for hundreds of layers manually. And if you forget to activate onlay one you’ll get a call from your client two weeks later asking you why the printed map has no…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base