When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Double-click of text should not select trailing space on macOS

On macOS, When using double-click to select a word in a text object, Illustrator is also selecting any trailing space. That is a common Windows behavior, but shouldn't be that way on macOS. Double-click should just select a the word (no surrounding whitespace).

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you provide extra steps in UI Scaling, please? For my dual screen config., it would be ideal if there was at least one step between.

As above. 2 steps between each existing would be ideal. It's only a little thing, but I use the middle setting at the moment, the Tools Pallet starts in 2 columns and I have to click it to 1 each time - the bottom bit gets trimmed off but that doesn't matter. If I set UI Scaling to the smallest size, then the Tools Pallet remains as I have set it on my workspace, but way too small.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. See dimensions in both inches and centimeters at the same time

It would be great to be able to see measurements in inches and in centimeters simultaneously

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Shut the blue survey pop up!

We paid so much for monthly subscription, and this is what we get? I searched all over the web, and there's no way to shut this thing off? Are you kidding me? The adobe softwares are getting more ******. What are the engineers doing anyway? CS6 works a hundred times better than this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS WORTH LIVING FOR >PLEASE< add folders to the Layers panel BECAUE it will KEEP ME FROM DESTROYING THE EARTH

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS WORTH LIVING FOR >>PLEASE<< add folders to the Layers panel BECAUSE it will KEEP ME FROM DESTROYING THE EARTH

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Creative Cloud Documents - File Management

I think one of the most important facilities for making good use of Cloud Docs will be document management. I have been extremely frustrated by the total lack of such features in the recent Document Open interface, which just lists some very small number of recent docs, without any consideration of folders, projects, clients, or other important organizational features. The OS provides us with hierarchical folders that can do a fairly good job of organizing the dozens (sometimes hundreds) of files on a project or for a client, but without some facilities for that purpose, I can see the proliferation…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Selecting Multiple Layers In Under a Decade

2 YEARS! That's the last time someone requested that Shift + click allow us to span layers and select multiple at the same time. Please save us hundreds of hours by making this feature (available in Photoshop, Windows Explorer, and so many more) standard for Illustrator. PLEASE.

I'm pulling my hair out here, and as a balding man, that is not helping anyone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change values of recorded actions

It would be great if the values of recorded actions can be changed in the actions panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right click on a transform to copy/paste position/angle/widht&height of objects separately

I would love it if I could copy the position etc. from one object to another without having to copy paste each property individually.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Consistant Keyboard Shortcuts

Why not make all keyboard shortcuts the same across all Abobe Software.

Example:
    In Illustrator there is no keybaord shortcut to convert text to caps, but in Indesign and Photoshop its Command.****,K

There are lots keyboard short cuts that are different it would be really amazing if they where all the same across all applications

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove other files than .AI in the Recent section of the Home screeen.

Would love to have an option to only have .AI files in the Recent section. I find that other files like .JPG and .PDF showing up there, being a tad confusing at times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. "Preview" button "always on" setting

Please provide a settings option to make the "Preview" button always toggled on when performing different functions. 99% of the time I need to preview what I'm doing and the button is off by default - it's VERY annoying and I'm not sure why you would choose to do this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Align

Align should

Automatically align to artboard if only 1 object is selected.
    Align to the last object selected when selecting multiples.
    Keyboard shortcuts. Like Corel
    Center key that aligns vertically and horizontally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. User Customization of Pan + Zoom Interaction

There are varying requests for dealing with Zoom and Pan interaction.
    I myself would like to use [MMB = Pan], and [alt/opt+RMB+drag = Zoom] to have coherence with 3d apps I switch between all day.

These are ergonomic functions, subjective to user workflow and comfort, so rather than dictate one or another I suggest making them customizable.

FEATURE GOAL:
    - Allow customization of basic interactions [Pan and Zoom] in order to:
    -- Enhance ergonomics by meeting users in their comfort zone
    -- Increase interaction coherence (become more 'glovelike') within a maximum number of workflows
    -- Do so in a way…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When drawing a guide line > why do I not see the realtime position in mm somewhere in the interface?

When drawing a guide line > why do I not see the realtime position mm somewhere in the interface? (Adobe Illustrator 2020 feature request).

Especially with a programma that is often about 100% exact sizing, this feature should definitely be in there. InDesign has this already for ages, it saves extra actions from the user, so it saves time and annoyance. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Workspace

Allow workspace saved setting to honor position of multi monitor settings.
    Currently workspace needs to be reset on each startup to correct position of saved workspace.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. search feature in Illustrator

Every time I go back into Illustrator, the current version, my cursor automatically appears in the search area in the upper right hand corner. This was never the case in the past. This is problematic because, when I go back into Illustrator, I may want to select a tool or paste an object and unless I click on the artboard first, it pastes into the search window. Just one more simple glitchy thing that SLOWS DOWN WORKFLOW!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stop making new features the default.

It's really annoying that you introduce a new feature that works in a different way to how it's been for years and then you make it the default. It seems like a bug or something's not working. Then we go online and google it and find out it's a new thing and to add insult to injury it's the default and we can't default it back to the old way, that we use a hundred times a day.
    The dynamic symbol is a great example of that. People have been complaining about it since 2017 and still the default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Maximum Artboard Size Increase

An exponential increase to the current maximum size of the artboards. Programs like Autocad you can design as large as your computer can handle. In Illustrator, the current max artboard size is 227 x 227". I (and many others) would like to see this limitation increased to infinity, or at very least 20x it's current capacity. This will allow many who use illustrator to setup files for large format printing to get the most out of the software without wasting time doing unnecessary conversions for scaling.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Align to Key Object Below (Bottommost layer)

Please add an option to the Align Panel to allow the user to change the default behaviour of "Align to Key Object".

Currently, the default Key Object is the topmost object. However, it's very rare that I don't want the complete opposite – ie. to align an object to its underlying container. If users were able to "Align to Key Object (Bottommost)", it would save an enormous amount of time and effort.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base