1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

767 results found

1. Move overset text icon further away from bottom corner handle

When working with threaded text in Illustrator it is difficult to select the overset text icon since it is so close to the bottom right handle of the bounding box. If I am zoomed out I always end up accidentally clicking the bottom right handle instead of the overset text icon.

If it was moved halfway between the middle right handle and the bottom right it would be easier to click on from a distance. I made an image showing how it is now and how I think it would work better. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. workspace layout seems to constantly change over time. Keep it more fluent and natural

I can arrange workspaces, rearrange them, add new ones, remove some and so on and on and on. My issue is that somehow, the tools and panels I want are never at hand when I need them.

It's so subtle that I can't put my finger on the exact issue. But it's suddenly occured to me that as far as I can remember, I'm always rearranging the workspace layout in Illustrator to get the tools I need, but I don't have this issue in other Adobe apps. I've been using Illustrator as my core graphic design tool for around 8/9…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. STOP to change interface items and options possition ****

STOP to change interface items and options possition everytime. I need to have my tools everytime in the same place, for the rest of my life, that's effective and productive. is a waste of time and energy to be looking everytime where this morning design team have put some tools and items in the interface. Please think in the proffesional peopple. Do not change possition of the items in the interface.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. the touch gestures controls need and option to mirror the touch gestures for photoshop

Touch gestures in illustrator just feel terrible compared to the touch gestures in photoshop. I paint a lot in photoshop and it's never been an issue to pan zoom rotate ect, but every time I switch over to illustrator it just feels buggy. Half the time i try to pan it will either right click, or move an object i didn't want to select, and it only lets you do one action per touch when i can pan and zoom simultaneously in photoshop. plus the 2 finger double tap to reset canvas view seems to be missing from illustator as…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Search / Filter option in Find/Replace Font dialog

Here is my problem. On InDesign when you do "Find/Replace font" you can select the missing font and then you can SEARCH and then replace the font. In Illustrator, the same method exists. BUT you cannot SEARCH... Why? Did I miss something?? Do I really have to scroll through the 4000 fonts to get to the one I want?
    Could we have the same panel on Illustrator as in InDesign?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to enlarge thumbnails in PLACE dialog box.

When I invoke the PLACE command, I have not found a way to control the size of thumbnails shown and can't find what I need. I often have 30 jpgs and at the size they are I literally cannot see them well enough to find the one I want to place. Am I missing something?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Collapse panels menu item/keyboard shortcut

The ability to set a keyboard shortcut to collapse all panels would be really helpful and slick. I find myself leaving them open for expedience only to find the open panel is in the way, visually, later on. For those who set up their workspace differently they can just ignore it or disable the keyboard shortcut.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. More flexible measurements

In InDesign, I can type in p9 in a size dialogue box, and the app knows that I mean 0 picas and 9 points.

In Illustrator, if I try typing in p9, I get an peep. I have to type in 0p9 to get 0 picas and 9 points.

Seemingly minor, but shouldn't all apps accept the same measurements? I keep being hung up on that when I switch from Illustrator to InDesign. You want to help create a seamless workflow? Please do this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Shortcut "Make New Artboard"

I need a shortcut to make a new artboard.
    same syntax as a new layer with Ctrl + L but for artboards

There is no way to assign any kind of shortcut to this SO basic command, nor via action, shortcut editor, or script. And I'm aware of Shift + O

thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more essential features to touch mode in illustrator

Really essential features like the eyedropper tool, having the tools available at the top (like clipping mask, gaussian blur), and the essential properties panel (with pathfinder and align) as an openable tab (where colours or weight is in touch mode at the moment on the right) would be great.

This is because I often find myself switching between essentials and touch on my laptop when I am completing my coursework, which means that I am lagging behind my class and sometimes switching so frequently between tablet and laptop modes physically makes my laptop stuck on one of these modes, causing…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Touch workspace for desktop Wacom Cintiq

I use illustrator on desktop PC with a Wacom Cintiq 16. I am baffled as to why the touch workspace is not available. I have been informed it is only available on Surface but I use a stylus exclusively on desktop and the touch optimised workspace would be ideal. I regularly switch from desktop to iPad , I would like there to be workflow continuity.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please let the "X", "Y", "Width", "Height" input boxes in the "Properties Panel" auto adapt to the panel width

In this way, if the user wants these input boxes to completely display the values without being blocked, only need to widen the panel, and the input boxes will be widened accordingly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove round corner minimum angle limit

Please allow for round corner angle threshold control via Preferences. The very common issue I have all the time is being unable to round corners with angles smaller than some hardcoded threshold.

Not a big issue rally on simple trivial geometry where you can workaround by manually constructing the round corner. But in my field I have to constantly deal with large complex paths needing all corners rounded regardless of angle.

I always have to resort to exporting geometry to SVG, rounding corners in Corel or Affinity which don't have the said minimal angle limit, import back to AI and…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Fix Variables panel scrolling to bottom when making changes

When i'm working with the variables panel, the variables panel is scrolling to the bottom of the list, every time i select a layer in the layer panel or when i link the variable to the layer. Because of this, i have to scroll back to where i was before every time i make a change. I have between 100 and 200 variables in my project, so this make the work time twice as long as it should be.

Can you please make it so that it remember the position and doesn't scroll to the bottom every time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make varibles column resizeable in variables panel

In the Variables panel you have two columns, "Variables" and "Objects". The column width is locked so you can't resize the width to match the length of the variables. This make it difficult to use when you have longer variables and can't see the full name of the variable. I have a lot of variables with the same name, but with an incrementing number at the end of the name. It would make it way easier to work, if i could see what variable i'm working on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show only existing separations

In the palette separation preview, display only colors that are actually present in the image. If the image does not contain process colors (CMYK) or one of them, it will be excluded from the list.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Launch Illustrator with the same opened documents tabs from closing

I would add this option that would basically skip the home screen and launch straight into the last open documents from the last time I closed the app.
    This is very convenient instead of clicking through each document from the home screen.

I guess this could also just become the main behaviour for closing Ai so if you instead want to get rid of all the open tabs you could right click on one and click "close all tabs"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More options to adjust UI scaling

Yesterday I downloaded Illustrator (26.0.2) for the first time. But the small User Interface stops me from using the product. The text is so tiny, especially in Properties and Layers panels. For me the possibility of a larger text is important. If there is no option for enlarging, I stop using the product. But I really want to use Illustrator and to create beautiful things.

I tried to fix the issue with Edit > Preferences > User Interface < Adjust the UI Scaling slider. But the changes are insignificant on the highest possible value. I think the UI Scaling slider…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Warn of locked and hidden items when saving or selecting all and trying to move the selection.

Receive a warning if trying to save a file that has hidden objects. Warn when selecting all and then trying to move selection that elements are locked.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base