When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. CMD-H Should hide Illustrator

Yes, CMD-H should be standardized across all of your programs. And kindly take Freehand out of its vault, study its pen/curve tool(s), and make Illustrator's pen tool work as well as Freehand's did.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Selection panel - supercharged customisable selection options

• A new Select panel.

*User-defined search permeameters with logical operators, and access to all relevant properties and object types in the document object model. Ability to extend and refine a search by multiple parameters.

*User-defined labels for objects, with which users can create their own custom searches (eg. ”figure”, ”house”, “red team”, “platform” etc.).

This would make me A Happy(er) Bunny.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. edit color of text in symbol instance

I think it should be possible to edit the color of text in a dynamic symbol instance, just like it possible to change the color fill of any other element

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 'Image trace on ipad

.allow image trace on ipad

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bounding Box bug

Adobe, have you seen this page. https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1148039
    The bounding box problem has persisted over versions, years. Extremely strange that it continues to pester even to this day. Will you ever do anything about it?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Folders in the Graphic Styles palette.

I draw comics, and use Graphic Styles to keep my characters consistent across panels and pages.

A simple character might involve a half dozen styles. A complicated character can involve a lot more - see the attached screenshot.

Add in a good chunk of Graphic Styles for recurring background elements and I'm constantly dealing with triple-digit number of entries in the Graphic Styles palette. Finding the set of styles I want to use becomes an increasingly tedious process as pages get more complicated.

I would like to be able to create folders of Graphic Styles, which I can open and…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. batch action to include image trace with ignore white plus expand

I would like to use image trace including advanced setting ignore white, plus expand to get paths, in a batch action. I can do these as separate actions, but not in combination on one image and not at all as a batch process. I confirmed this is a limitation of illustrator currently with your support reps in live chats. If you could add this in your next update that would be great! thanks.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please Remove Artboard Limit Entirely!

There appears to be a limit of 1000 artboards on a single canvas in Adobe Illustrator. This is VERY annoying. I frequently have Illustrator files with multiple very small artboards (for iconography). It's absurd that I have all this canvas space and cannot add as many artboards as I want/need.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Gradient “easing” / bezier curve control for color stops

Any work that utilizes gradients in Illustrator would benefit greatly from the addition of the ability to manually control/adjust the bezier curves of the gradients’ color stops.

The specifics of how this works are discussed here: https://larsenwork.com/easing-gradients/

Ultimately, this level of control allows for significantly more pleasing and subtle gradients. Relying on midpoints to adjust gradients ultimately results in very obviously visual “steps” from one color stop to the next.

I’ve attached a video demonstrating the easing function, as well as a before and after image to illustrate its effect.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep transparency when raster image is copied/pasted (at least from PS)

I have, let's say, image with background erased. I want to copy it in PS and paste in AI, intending opacity to be kept, but NO, you get opaque image.
    I don't care who is in charge for this, you or PS team, just get it done already.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 finger zoom, rotate and pan and 2 finger for vertical and lateral scroll feature on the trackpad.

Can you allow three fingers control to pinch zoom, pan and rotate at the same time for a smooth control for the drawing area. Two fingers can be used to scroll vertically and laterally.
    This feature will help me as i do a lot of graphic design illustrations. It would help me zoom in for details and immediately zoom out to get a bigger perspective and again zoom in on a different area without having to press many buttons, all this while my right hand is controlling the mouse

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let's add Vasily Hall's name to the Ai credits?

These never get added for some reason, so I'm going to try once per day to put it up here:

As you may be aware, Illustrator has a natively build CSV-import feature for variables now. This wouldn't have come if Vasily didn't undertake the effort to create this feature as a script, 3 years prior. https://github.com/Silly-V/Adobe-Illustrator/blob/master/Variable Importer/VariableImporter.jsx

His contribution was:
    1. User research, connecting with users from all over the world to get a sense of whether anyone even wants to import CSV files and use graph variables.
    2. Naming convention syntax for visibility and graph variables.
    3. Logical mechanism…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smart Guides limited to current artboard

An option to have Smart Guides only snap to things that are actually on the current artboard.

It's annoying to be working on an empty artboard and have everything snap to things far off the screen on some other artboards. That can be pretty annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pathfinder

The Pathfinder window contains the ever useful 'Unite' - the menu option of Pathfinder does not (I would like to be able to create a custom keyboard command for the Unite feature).

Thanks! and I just want to say that I've been using Illustrator since 1990. Love ya!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Don't display clipped outside paths in Outline View option

Sometimes we have a large pieces of artwork clipped.
    Sometimes we don’t care what’s inside until we isolate these to edit the clipped art directly.
    Still, when we switch to Outline View, we see all the art that is clipped, clumped, overlapping, messy.
    For these cases it would be nice to have an option to not draw parts that are outside and beyond of clipping paths.
    Corel’s products does it a bit wrong — they don’t draw clipped parts in Outline at all, including parts that are inside. Ai should do it better.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add 'relink all instances' option checkbox in relink file dialog box

Add a 'relink all instances' option/checkbox in relink file dialog box.

There should be a checkbox to relink ALL INSTANCES of a specific link with a new image in one go.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Let gradient control points snap to Anchor Points

Let gradient control points snap to Anchor Points, please.
    In the curent version it is not possible to position Gradients accurately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Magic wand tolerance default should be zero 0

********** tolerance should be zero by default. For fill colors, I never use it on anything but 0. For strokes I use tolerance of 0 about 90% of the time. Pro users are generally using spots, global process colors or simply eyedrop+fill when working so there is rarely a need for selecting a "range of colors/shades" especially as wide as 32. In AI, this tool is used differently than Photoshop.
    Or perhaps default tool tolerances could be part of a user preference?setting/workspace. (Along with setting default color swatches to HSB sliders)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. "Apply to all" check boxes

Please add an "apply to all" check box to the "embedded profile mismatch" pop-up. It is incredibly time consuming to click the box for every link in a document, especially when there are many.

Please also add an "apply to all" check box to the "Photoshop Import Options" pop-up so the same settings can be applied quickly to multiple links when embedding.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Toolbox zoom and hand tool on same tab instead of separate tabs making it slower to select since having to flip back and forth all the time

Previous versions CS6 etc had the toolbox panel better laid out: Hand tool and zoom tools were on a separate tab now CC doesn't give the choice but having them both on a same tab so having to hover, drag etc every time I want to select my favourite tools is really tedious whilst there are many useless tools on the toolbox displayed why changing a feature that worked perfectly in previous versions?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base