Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Previous versions of illustrator showed the id of individual elements withing layers in the layers window.

Previous versions of Illustrator would show the id of individual elements within layers in the layers window. Now they just show as "path" or "compound path." I generate maps as svg files from a database with a program of my own design and then import them into Illustrator for final editing. Sometimes there is a problem with one or more elements. Before I could go to Illustrator, select the problem element, and see in the layers window what its id was. Then I could go to my database and fix the problem. I can't do this anymore. I'm attaching a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Better Add Anchor Points function

1. When adding to a curved segment, the new anchor points should be smooth, not broken.

2. Add a function to define the number of points added per segment.

3. Let the function work on a selected segment (it now always picks the complete path, adding points to all segments).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. show illustrator,photoshop on mutiple screens panels on one screen workspace on another

show illustrator,photoshop on mutiple screens panels on one screen workspace on another for windows 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. canvas html5 layers illustrator website

I did this years ago
    You still can't.
    Export HTML5 canvas from illustraotir, multiple layers - all configurable as a web app.
    http://www.pixycakes.com/cakedesigner/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Design Notes, as with Dreamweaver.

To help to keep track of which layers/objects are used as 'controls'. e.g. I am currently designing a new logo. One particular layer that controls the outer borders needs to change from 2px stroke to 3px stroke depending on whether the background is black or white.
    Also, just having notes to explain what 'is' and why 'it' is together with what it is actually for i.e. its' function is extremely helpful and a must for technical files.
    It's obviously better to be able to refresh my memory with the appropriate notes instead of having to meditate for half an hour…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. remember sign in password

It would be nice to have a remember password function. Why do I have to put in my password every time I open illustrator? Infuriating.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Please restore "Lettering" in the Trace presets. I cannot match prior documents with the new advanced settings.

I trace documents of text to be made into glass etchings and the previous "Lettering" preset in CS 5.5. Illustrator was perfect but the new sliders don't produce results as clean as previously.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ashutosh

Too small to use?
    When scaling down a complex drawing especially one created by image trace it often says cannot complete the operation because it would make some objects too small to use. So how can i scale my group? Can you just disappear those objects? If they are too small to use they must be too small to see so make them go away. Or it could automatically select them so you have the option to delete them. It seems silly that i can't make something the size i need because a part of it is too small to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keyboard shortcuts Flip

I flip vertically and horizontally quite often. It'd be very nice to have a shortcut for it. I currently have to create a custom action for it, but that ends up using one of the F1-F14 keys which are inconvenient to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Variable data from XML file with Special Character like "&trade"; or "&reg" within a text field does not get populated - this is a BUG ale

Variable data from XML file with Special Character like "&trade"; or "&reg" within a text field does not get populated - this is a BUG alert

AI 23.0.3
    WIN 10

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In Variables - "Data set " Name needs to be taking from external CSV file the same way as from XML file. Case Number ADB-6495411-N0N4

In Variables - "Data set " Name needs to be taking from external CSV file the same way as from XML file. Manual provides ZERO help.
    Function does not work.
    Meaning that Printing automation NOT exist and multiple output files renaming from default "DATA SET 1..2..3."manually - undermine whole "VARIABLE" function.

Please HELP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Keyboard Increment per document type

Under Preferences > General it is possible to set the "keyboard increment" - how far each tap of an arrow key moves the selected art. The problem is, I want this to be different depending on what I'm doing.

It would suit me ideally if I could set the keyboard increment to 5mm when working on a print document (CMYK/300DPI) and 10px when working on a digital document (RGB/72DPI).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Problems with Illustrator crashing when printing ink separations as a PDF

I'm having problems with Illustrator crashing when printing ink separations as a PDF. I didn't have the issue before, but now I am. Thankfully I'm able to print my separations to the RIP just fine, so work can progress. However when I try to print separations as a PDF to look them over before sending to the rip, the program freezes and eventually crashes. Does anyone know why this happens and how it can be resolved?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A new version of illustrator is now available!!!111

Super annoying, Adobe. Please remove this. Don't care if you guys recommend the update. CC app already nags me enough.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Align between guides option

The option to align between the two closest guides would help greatly when working on a multi-column document. Currently the only way to align to a single section of an artboard is to draw a box and align to that. Aligning to guides would streamline that quite a bit

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default iptc contact data

It would be nice if a user could enter his iptc contact data and if this data is automatically added to new files.
    (same for PS and ID)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. scale pattern not object

I was on the Ai help desk with Nikhail, and he told me to write to you - I do surface pattern design and you are supposed to be able to use the shortcut of S and ~ to scale pattern and not an object. But it pulls up th epen tool for me. We reinstalled latest CC and he worked on it for a long time to no avail .HELP! Otherwise you ahve to go through like ten steps to transform pattern and not object, everyone else in my class seems to be successful - I must have a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Nee to install Illustrator on Windows 2016 Server with Desktop Option

Need to modify illustrator script to either ignore window os version or allow to remove that check from the Illustrator install script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to Install Windows 2012 R2 Server

We need to be able to install and run Illustrator on Windows 2012 R2 server, and the latest version throws an error after checking windows os version, is there a way to modify this script.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base