When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Global symbol libraries

Global dynamic symbol libraries- update all instances across documents.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart Guide not working properly

Smart Guide not working properly. Every time AI start up, I have to uncheck the Smart Guide and check again to make it work. Its definitely

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Short cut for 'outline stroke'

Could there maybe be a short cut for 'outline stroke'? There only is one for letters but not for lines and stuff.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Splash screen disable

We need a simple way to disable the splash screen that appears while Illustrator is loading. Preferably this would be a global setting option to turn splash screens off by default for all Adobe programs. For some professional business environments, the splash screen artwork is distracting, and in some situations it may even be inappropriate. The ability to customize this part of the program would help make the software a better fit for the professional workplace.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Select Fill or Stroke Does Not Make Selection Automatically Edit-Ready

For years I have been frustrated with how anytime I want to edit fills or strokes, Illustrator seems to ALWAYS have the wrong choice forward in the tools panel! It seems to always know when I want to edit strokes, because it always has fills ready to edit in the foreground swatch and vice-versa! All these years I just felt is was some sort of voodoo thing, but I finally realized why this happens to me the majority of the time. I use Select>Same>Fill Color, Select>Same>Stroke Color, Select>Same>Stroke Weight all the time. The main reason I make those selections by…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 'Expand' generates excess groups, clipping groups, compound paths and other unwanted vector garbage. Keep it simple!

Try expanding a brush or a 3D shape and take a look at the large pile of unwanted groups, compound paths and clipping masks Illustrator has generated for you. It just adds complexity to the file and makes the object appearance tricky to work with. See example ai file attached.
    If you have Astute Graphic’s Vector First Aid plugin you can remove all that stuff and see just how simple and usable your vectors can be (I recommend it), Wouldn’t it be better if Illustrator didn’t generate junk in the first place?
    Please make sure Illustrator only generates the barest…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Select Same Size

The Select Same Color, Appearance, Opacity is quite helpful. Add a new option for Size. The area size of the current selected element would be calculated and then used to find other similar objects within the document that meet that same area size.

A tolerance up or down or range could be provided as well. It would also be helpful to offer a setting for "Select Anything this size and smaller/larger".

This kind of feature would be very helpful when attempting to clean up an illustration generated from a live traced sketch.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. All Adobe software should change the zoom and panning tools to work like in Photoshop.

Hi, I want to control the zoom in Illustrator and in InDesign with the mouse in the same way I can do it in Photoshop. Zoom in and out with the mouse wheel and panning by pressing the mouse wheel.

In Photoshop I just need one hand to use zoom and pan, which is the best alternative. All Adobe software should change the zoom and panning tools to work like in Photoshop. Why force us to use both hands to zoom and pan when it can be done with just one hand like in Photoshop? I is easier, more user…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add 'relink all instances' option checkbox in relink file dialog box

Add a 'relink all instances' option/checkbox in relink file dialog box.

There should be a checkbox to relink ALL INSTANCES of a specific link with a new image in one go.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Student Discount for one month Free usage of Illustrator CC during Coronavirus Crisis

I think it is reasonable that Adobe would consider helping students by providing free access to Adobe Illustrator whose universities have moved to online instruction due to the Coronavirus. It would be a generously kind gesture for Adobe to consider discounting or eliminating the $31. monthly fee during this crisis.

The software is provided in the classroom, and labs are open to students outside the class period for their use. Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education PASSHE stated that our Adobe CC license at Edinboro University does not permit student personal use for Adobe CC products. Some students are taking…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Illustrator on Linux

Illustrator works on Windows and Mac, but you are missing out on a big customer base for scientists who would prefer using Illustrator on the Linux Operating system. Please work towards creating a Linux version for Illustrator. Shared this feedback through years or using Illustrator.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. New Features of Photoshop CC 2021

Lightroom cc classic is now a backdated software and not so beginners friendly and not so easy to control and learn compare to the lightroom Cloud Version. So instead of developing the lightroom cc classic version, it would be great for all end adobe users if this cloud version of the Lightroom CC turns into an off-line software like other adobe software!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pinch to zoom

Pinch to Zoom doesn't seem to work in Illustrator, unlike in XD

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a selection of objects from Global Edit

When using Global Edit to edit multiple instances of a grouped object (or any other object), it would be very useful to have an option to keep those objects selected when you leave Global Edit (in order to group them all together for instance).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not silently turn on "Turn off data recovery for complex documents"

I feel great sadness typing this. The whole auto save feature is intended to quietly SAVE stuff if Illustrator goes belly up. This is extra valid for complex documents. Why ON EARTH would Illustrator silently turn off this feature for the VERY DOCUMENTS it is designed for?

Please: notify a user if Illustrator, for any reason, decides to mess with the autosave feature. But mostly just don't turn it off if a user has it turned on. Just don't.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let gradient control points snap to Anchor Points

Let gradient control points snap to Anchor Points, please.
    In the curent version it is not possible to position Gradients accurately.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow custom keyboard shortcuts for custom Actions (beyond the F1-F14 keys)

I work speedily. Shortcuts are my thing. The F1 keys are a hard reach for me on my keyboard and I usually need to use my eyes to be sure I'm selecting the right F key. Why not just let the user assign a custom keyboard shortcut for each custom action?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Match Width or Height to Key Object

I would like a quicker way to match an object's width or height to that of another object. Currently I have to select the correctly sized object, copy the W value, select the next object, and paste the W value. This must be done individually for each object. A pain when you have, say, a dozen objects scattered around the artwork but you want them to all be the same size. I think it could work similarly to the "align to key object" tool.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Smart Guides limited to current artboard

An option to have Smart Guides only snap to things that are actually on the current artboard.

It's annoying to be working on an empty artboard and have everything snap to things far off the screen on some other artboards. That can be pretty annoying.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base