Illustrator (Desktop) Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please improve support for copy & pasting from Animate CC!

I use Animate CC to animate, but Illustrator's drawing tools are VASTLY better — so I always design everything in Illustrator then import to Animate CC. Undoubtedly, the Animate CC team is responsible for some of the incompatibility here, and you would know better than I where their work ends and yours begins BUT…

The single most frustrating thing about working with Illustrator and Animate CC is that you can copy/cut vector shapes from Illustrator and paste them INTO Animate CC… but if you try to do the reverse — to, say, edit a shape using Illustrator's tools because they're…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please support for cad funtions

pleased support navite for CAD funtions in illustrator like cadtools or cad-compo, i consider that this funtion is very importan

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ALIGN TO OPPOSING SIDE

I would like to align objects (art, text, groups, etc.) to the immediate opposing side of another object. In other words, align the left side of a square to the right side of a square that is right beside it. Yes, I know the smart guides will snap to objects in this manner, but on a large document I want to be able to align multiple items without having to zoom to a microscopic level to check that the art has indeed snapped accurately (which it doesn't always do). With an align option, I will be assured that the objects…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. GROUPS RETAIN LAYERS

Would like to be able to group items on different layers while keeping the group intact. This would be especially handy when using the Esko cut software (cut layers). With this option, I would be able to group artwork with a die to more easily impose art across various sheet sizes (across different documents or within the same document with different artboard sizes).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change order of assets in Library...

Allow us to organize the library better, e.g., change the order that assets appear in inside a library.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The circles in Illustrator are flawed and here's why.

I discovered a major bug in Illustrator CC. The circles in Illustrator are not accurate. This is the case regardless of whether you use the ellipse tool or the arc tool. Make a circle. Check the dimensions to make sure it's accurate. Draw a radius line at 0º. Copy it 3 times and rotate the copies 90º,180º and 270º. When all of the copied lines are put on the center of the circle, they all touch the inner edge of the circle perfectly. However, Copy the 0º line and rotate it 45º. Put it on the center of the circle.…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please make an easier way to export a seamless pattern tile from Illustrator

Please please can you make an easier way to save or export a seamless pattern tile - at the moment it is difficult to extract a tile from a complex pattern to use in Photoshop etc. Many people buy stock vector patterns to use in Photoshop and it would save a lot of time to get them easily from Illustrator to Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Change default Reference Point when creating a symbol

I like to have the reference point of my symbols up in the left corner (instead of center, as it is by default). So, every time I create a symbol I have to change this option. So, I type the name, I tab two times, and then click the down arrow to button to set it to a static symbol. Then I have to grab the mouse - to change the reference point. This slows down the work flow quite a bit. I would like to have the top left corner as default, or at least make it changeable by…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Delete hidden layers

Would it be great if add the option of deleting all hidden layers as in photoshop..

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The ability to save an appearance of a selected object.

The ability to save an appearance of a selected object to apply to other objects. Much like the copy and paste layer style in Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Language

Changing the language after instalation woud be much more pratical

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When embedding images flatten all images option without having to scroll through each one

When embedding my links to go to press I have multiple links and it is redundant to ask everytime if I want to flatten each image one by one. There should be an option to flatten all highlighted images in one shot. If I have 70 documents to go to press with 30 links each it can get very time consuming.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Chromebook compatibility

Hello,

My school is considering purchasing a laser cutter/engraver to be housed in the Library for all students to use, and I understand that we will also need to purchase software such as Adobe Illustrator. The problem is that many of our students use Chromebooks, which really don't have a hard drive. We're not in favor of just having 1 or 2 Windows machines sitting by the cutter/engraver, mostly because that limits usage. Is there any other option? Does Adobe offer a Chromebook-compatible software? Or, is there any way that a student could design something in another program, then import…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add an option to Outline pathfinder command to keep original strokes

Outline command is great when you need to cut your path on every intersection. But sadly, it also sets all strokes to None. Most of the times this is not I want. Every time when I see this function explained to somebody else, I see them adding "...but sadly it will make all your strokes vanish".
    Please make an option to keep strokes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Fresco - Give freedom to remove all gestures from the app - let the apple pencil be the only option

This was meant for the wishlist for Fresco, but there was no option. But, my issue was that the palm of my hand activates the undo function in Fresco. I would like to turn this feature off since it's too sensitive for my hand. I thought at the same time it would be great for palm rejection to be able to turn off all gestures.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen recording for showing work progress or teachings

Have the ability to record your screen while you work in order to show the progress of work or document "how to" using video. Something similar to Procreate, a digital illustration app. Right now I use Quicktime to record my screen but it shows my whole desktop and requires editing in premier. It would be great for showing our clients work in progress or easily train new hires.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please make my «Align To:» choice recordable in actions. («Align to:» in the Align palette)

I would like to be able to record my align to-choice in actions.
    Action 1: Align to center (Artboard)
    Action 2: Align to center (Key Object)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fit Selection in Window

When working on details / prepping parts (e.g. outside the artboard), Fit Canvas, nor Fit All are of any use. Fit Selection would be a nice extra.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Do not silently turn on "Turn off data recovery for complex documents"

I feel great sadness typing this. The whole auto save feature is intended to quietly SAVE stuff if Illustrator goes belly up. This is extra valid for complex documents. Why ON EARTH would Illustrator silently turn off this feature for the VERY DOCUMENTS it is designed for?

Please: notify a user if Illustrator, for any reason, decides to mess with the autosave feature. But mostly just don't turn it off if a user has it turned on. Just don't.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 30 31
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base