When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. add option for an isometric grid

Please give us the option to display an isometric grid. Currently you always have to build one from scratch wich can be very tiring ...

Given the fact that isometric drawings have gained quite some popularity and you see them rather often on websites, it would be nice to have better tools to create these graphics, among them a proper grid.

Gravit Designer already has such an option:

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop nag windows

Provide the option to stop nag windows appearing - offering to take a tour of Illustrator, or to use the new tools instead of the old ones. I already use most of the new tools, but I would like to occasionally use some of the old ones without being reminded that other options exist. Especially after the 200th time...

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Minus Front on Grouped Objects

Allow for the pathfinder to operate on groups of objects as if the group were one object. Possibly its own pathfinder function. If I am working with a group it is understood that I want to work with those items as one object. However, when using the pathfinder to minus front, and the object below is part of a group it just deletes the entire group along with the portion of the top object that I wanted to get rid of. When would that be useful? This will also be posted as a bug, because that is how I view…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Rearrange only Selected artboards

Currently I can only "Rearrange All Artboards".

But I just selected only some artboards in my document and I want to rearrange only selected items. For example, increase spacing between them.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For complex artboard setups: Artboard groups, folders, labels, hide/show toggles and other enhancements to the Artboards window

Currently the Artboards window lists all artboards in a single numbered list. The only customization available for the list is the ability to renumber the artboards. A helpful enhancement to consider: Add the ability to organize artboards list into nested groups and folders. For more complex situations, features like color coding with custom labels, and tags and filters could be helpful. To help de-clutter complex overlapping artboards, it would be helpful to be able to toggle the view on and off for artboards similar to how layers can be shown or hidden.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Preview Mode

Like InDesign, incorporate a preview mode to show only the content inside of the artboard to see the final preview.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add ability to rebind artboard names to their numbers

In my work I add and delete artboards during work.
    When artboard is created, it's given a name, corresponding it's number.
    When custom artboard is deleted, numbers of next artboards are shifted (it's OK), but names stay the same.

So when job is done, I can have something like this:
    1. Artboard 6
    2. Artboard 8
    3. Artboard 9
    4. Artboard 10
    5. Artboard 12
    and so forth

Since the last number is almost as noticeable as first one, it's hard to pick up correct ones for export.
    I have a script written to fix this, which renames artboards to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Artboard-specific Layers

When working with multiple artboards, it would be very helpful to have artboard-specific layers displayed on the Layers panel as opposed to one long blob of all layers from all artboards.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. AltGr key not working

AltGr key does not work as intended, it currently only produces a Ctrl+Alt keypress. On many European keyboard layouts it is used to type e.g. characters @, [, {, |, \, ~, and currency symbols (€, $, £). The only way to circumvent this is to use e.g. Notepad to type in the characters and copy-pasting them, which is a nuisance. All the other Adobe CC apps - just as basically every other Windows app in the world - use AltGr as intended, so why does not Illustrator?

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

AltGr is supposed to be equivalent to Alt + ctrl.
    At present, when we press e.g. AltGr + E while writing text, we check if any command can handle it and if yes it is not passed to application to handle key event. That’s why existing commands are triggered on those extended char shortcuts.

If we want to change the behavior that while writing text key shortcuts (e.g. AltGr + E) should write extended character, Then we will have to sacrifice all the text contextual shortcuts we have at present in app e.g. ctrl + alt + I does something. All those commands would stop working.
    This is the reason why we are moving it to the feature

11. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to set direction for X and Y axises

Several versions ago Adobe decided to flip Y-axis, so origin now is placed TOP-left instead of BOTTOM-left, as it was before.
    They say it was done for compatibility with Photoshop and InDesign, which both have y-axis going down.

I think that breaking people's workflow, deciding only ONE direction is right, was wrong.

InDesign is a publishing software, it works with a flow. I don't know anybody who reads from bottom to up (RTL — yes). When you move an object there, you don't move it up, you move it backwards

Photoshop is raster graphics editor, it works with a readable…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to move Color Groups in Recolor artwork

I just want a simple drag and sort option for Color Groups.
    When I goto "Recolor Artwork" I have a lot of color groups there and I just want to drag any with the mouse, thats so simple!

Currently they are not moveable at all!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make ripple Artboard tool in Illustrator

As someone who uses Illustrator to design much of my artwork for animation in After Effects there's one tool that I find I constantly need and instead just muddle through manually cutting, copying and pasting.

It'd be great to have a tool in AI that would insert a new Artboard between say frames 9 and 10, and then move all the artwork from frame 10 on up to the next artboards (frames 11, 12, 13, 14, etc.) I think of like a ripple edit tool. You can insert or delete a frame (artboard) and the artwork on all the artboards…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Barcode

Dear Adobe,

hope you doing well, could you please one more option in illustrator for Barcode generator

Thank you

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Artboards to snap to the grid

I'm working on a heavily modular layout and the modules are snapping to the grid nicely. However when duplicating the artboard, the artboard will not snap to the grid.

This therefore throws the modules slightly off the grid as the Artboard position has to be matched by eye.

I've also downloaded and tried the CC 2019 pre-release and it still does not allow snapping of artboards to the grid.

Please fix this, thanks.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Password protect in layers

I am looking for an option in the Adobe Illustrator to have the layers locked with a password. so i can send the source file to the other users only to modify what they have to and not touch my content.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to Have Golden Ratio & Rule of Thirds Grid (like PS)

For a canvas, if there is an option to get a Grid for 'Rule of Thirds' or Golden Ration.

This will make a lot easier for the designer and will be more effective in Illustrator as compared to PS (where this option is available) where vector designs are being created.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can we rename multiple layers in one go?

For example, we select 10 different layers, we right click and select "rename layer(s)" and then a prompt comes up where we type the name we want to assign to all the selected layers.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base