• New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatially push guides to a single layer

It'd be great to have an optional feature that pushes every newly created guide to a dedicated guide layer. I think many people work with an eytra layer for guides on top of their layer stack to toggle visibility and lock, and manually collecting all guides gets tedious.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a button to save presets like Photoshop has.

Photoshop has a button to save presets when you create a new document. I love that feature makes my job easier, I wish Illustrator had that same button instead of having to save the files as templates. So much simpler and faster with the button right there.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Artboard numbering by order not by creation

For many years I wish AI sorted the artboards by their position in the document but not by their time of creation. When moving artboards around for creating an presentation (which I would like to export later by maintainig the sequence I see on the canvas) it would be so much more comfortable when the numbering of the artboard would change accordingly. For example if I prepare a presentation with miltiple artboards and dceide to move the most right artboard of the bottum row to the very upper left position I wish this artboard would be numbered as artboard #1…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Separate marquee selecting and deselecting into different keys

Shift + marquee selecting should not simultaneously select and deselect objects, instead the two should be separated into different keys, such as 'Shift' for only adding to the current selection and 'Alt' only subtracting from it.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Intuitive access to Custom Templates and show the correct name

Hi - I use custom templates more than a 1,000 times a year. Every Illustrator template is easily located in the New Document window. Logically, you should be able to access Custom Templates there ... without drilling through More Settings - a nearly buried link - and then the Templates button - also seemingly an afterthought.

Also, in the Recent Items window, my custom templates don't include the template name; they just say [Custom] and the file dimensions. This isn't helpful if you have multiple custom templates.

I hope these features are addressed in a future update. Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Preflight

Please implement an integrated preflight function that works in the same manner as the preflight function found in InDesign.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Artboard search function

Add a search bar to the Artboards window

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make Y direction POSITIVE numbers above the Y "zero" point like in the rest of world.

Align Illustrator with the rest of the world by making the default Y direction positive numbers above the Y "zero" point - in my case zero is set to the very center of the Artboard.

And also make this a preference item across CC apps. I still don't see how it's an advantage in InDesign and Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. a way to nest objects on art board for sign makers

Idea: Take multiple objects, such as multiple copies of a logo or elements and nesting them within the artboard and a feature to say how much space you want between each object.

Reason: When it comes to signs or sending a print job to a plotter. Sign makers want to maximize the number of objects on a vinyl. Sure we can manually move objects or even use the distribute tool. but this takes to long and sometimes when selecting multiple objects you can not use the distribution tool to distribute both vertical and horizontal at the same time or objects…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Page numbers

Please implement the ability to convert characters into current page numbers, identical to the InDesign feature. This would save extensive time and effort when creating documents in Illustrator, instead of manually doing this.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Scale adjustment when creating New Document

Many times as a designer you have to create artwork that is a fraction of the final scale. It would be nice if you could enter the final size in inches or feet, and then hit a dropdown that would have different fractions of scale (1/8, 1/4, 1/2 etc.) and then illustrator could compute the appropriate numbers. It could also scale down the bleed area as well.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Default Artboard Position

When you create a new Adobe Illustrator document the Default Position of the Artboard should not be in the center it should be in the upper left corner with a little margin top and left.

At least give us the option to choose if we like a default center or upper left corner artboard position.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Deleting Artboard

Can you add back the little cross/close button (we used to have in CC2017) to the artboard so that I can delete the artboards without visiting the artboard pannal?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Layer freezing

When doing very complicated artwork, sometimes Illustrator's live preview starts to become impossibly slow. Distorted dense fill patterns, lots of art brushes full of translucent shapes, complicated high-res bitmap effects… I can do some stunning things with these but I’m reluctant to use them, because I need to have fast response time in my drawing tool.

Currently, layers can be locked, or unlocked. I would like to have a third mode: 'frozen', where the layer is locked, and a bitmap of the entire layer is cached. This bitmap is then used for rendering the preview, until such time as the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get rid of that awful new document screen. It's annoying for experienced users.

Please have a way to turn off that new document screen the same way I can turn off the "Start Workspace".

Experienced users don't need (or want) doc creation on-boarding.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboard numbering error

When dublicating artboards (Alt + drag), the program randomly makes one of the artboards dublicate with the same number. When exporting the artboards, one of the duplicates is ignored and cannot be exported.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Possibility for the USER to set the default units when creating a new document

It saves time. In stead of having to adjust this for every new document, it would be a lot better to let users define their own standards, templates and what so ever…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option for Artboards to be non-printing

Would be very useful if there could be a setting in the Artboards palate that could make them 'non-printing' (Like in Layers) - I use a lot of pre-prepared template files and sometimes don't use all Artboards, so to 'turn them off' rather than having to delete (as I may need them later in a job) or keep changing print options would be great.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Touch workspace needs a layers panel

Why they have not included such a basic, essential feature in the touch workspace is beyond me.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base