When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. the ability to search with in the symbols palette

we can search with in the swatch palette, can that be carried over to the symbols palettes?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Rotating the view angle of the workspace (not just artboards)

Rotating the view angle of the workspace (not just artboards) would help packaging design as a flat box artwork usually has panels at 0°, 90° and 180°, instantly rotating the whole workspace to these angles would help make packaging design easier.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set export options to default to the same folder the native is housed in

Set default export or save as locations to start in the same folder as the native Ai file as opposed to previous locations. It can be rather cumbersome when switching to an entirely new project, then exporting that project and having the 'save as' default to the entirely other project's recent save.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Previous Zoom

A "Previous Zoom" or "Previous View" command which would change the zoom/magnification to the most recent zoom state. Also the option to center on selection or artboard. This will allow users to toggle between magnification of say 400% and 3200% or 5% and 1200% if they're regularly checking for details and positioning within a larger document which I do constantly in a prepress environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Introducing Responsive Artboards with possibility to drag and arrange the boards

Having a reponsive panel of the artboards which becomes thumbnails and possibilty to drag and arrange the artboards.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. duplicate artboard

It should be possible to duplicate artworks not only with Alt + Drag but with a button in the artboard options aswell - just replace it with the text that says "Press Alt + Drag Cursor to duplicate artboard" and keep the Hotkey function.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. artboard

When i create a new artboard it automaically places it next to my previous artboard. normally you see a preview and can place it somewere of your chosing. Is there a option to disable this?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show current artboard when using shortcuts to switch artboards

It would be useful if when switching artboards with Fn+Shift+Up/Down that the Artboards window reflects the currently viewed artboard. The current workaround is having to guess which artboard I'm looking at by double clicking the artboard and checking to see if the canvas switches view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Align to artboard

In older versions I always had the option to set "align to artboard" and it didn't reset after deselecting objects. I want it ba and I want to be able to do that with a single object again, without having to select at least 2 to set that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Position elements relative to artboards.

Since several improvements to artboards are in the pipeline, I think It would be worth considering positioning elements relative to the top left corner of the artboard. I haven't found a good use for keyboard entry of x and y positions. Positioning elements relatively would make it relatively easy to maintain padding / grids across multiple artboards by entering an exact value.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Art board spacing only feature

I often have my art boards grouped very specifically and they do not have an even number of art boards in each row. When I need to rearrange the space between all my art boards that becomes a huge hassle. I'm forced to choose a column number, which alters my arrangement of columns/rows. The ability to turn off the "column" preference and only alter the artboard "spacing" would be very helpful.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Artboards in 2018 can no longer be rapidly deleted

In past versions of Illustrator, I was able to click on an artboard and continuously delete artboards until I had to ones that I want. Now when I select an artboard and delete it, the selection is deselected. I now have to continuously highight and delete, highlight and delete until I have removed all the artboards I need.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Preview art board on my smartphone

A feature where I can i.e. sync my artboards to my smartphone when designing mobile interfaces.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

16. Change the layer an object is located on

If you have a large artboard with multiple objects and layers it is really time consuming to organize your layers when all you can do is drag and drop. I think it would be useful if you could right click on an object and "move to layer" like you can in muse.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Artboard Dimension Limitation

One of the biggest complaints we hear from our franchisees is the artboard limitation of 227.541". Why is that the limit? Corel doesn't have a limit. Why Adobe? and why such an obscure number? I realize there is a PDF limitation of 200" so that is another issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Alignment options

Hello,

I find it frustration to have to switch between the different alignment options. For instance when I have one object selected and I use the alignment-tool I want it aligned to the artboard. But when I have two or more objects selected I'd like to have them aligned to the selection.

Right now I have to switch between alignment methods in the alignment window. I would love to see this implemented by default, like Sketch has!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Export an AI Artboard from multi-artboard file to a separate single artboard AI file.

Often I create AI files with multiple artboards for creating a seamless document for presentations. Often after the presentation is made I need to break apart the file and parse out the pages to created technical fabrication details. It would help immensely if the artboards were exportable into separate single artboard AI files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Export Artboards' ExportTo directory should be saved in the Illustrator File

Currently, Export Artboards' ExportTo directory is a per Application setting and changes for all subsequent ExportTo actions.

It really should be a per Illustrator File setting so that exporting art boards from a file defaults to last export directory used for this file.

To support both per file and per application behaviours:

1. Add a checkbox next to the ExportTo: directory field: "Use last export directory for this file" with the state of this check box is saved in the Illustrator file so it does not need to be changed after the first export.

If selected shows the file's export to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base