When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Align to artboard

In older versions I always had the option to set "align to artboard" and it didn't reset after deselecting objects. I want it ba and I want to be able to do that with a single object again, without having to select at least 2 to set that.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Position elements relative to artboards.

Since several improvements to artboards are in the pipeline, I think It would be worth considering positioning elements relative to the top left corner of the artboard. I haven't found a good use for keyboard entry of x and y positions. Positioning elements relatively would make it relatively easy to maintain padding / grids across multiple artboards by entering an exact value.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboards in 2018 can no longer be rapidly deleted

In past versions of Illustrator, I was able to click on an artboard and continuously delete artboards until I had to ones that I want. Now when I select an artboard and delete it, the selection is deselected. I now have to continuously highight and delete, highlight and delete until I have removed all the artboards I need.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Preview art board on my smartphone

A feature where I can i.e. sync my artboards to my smartphone when designing mobile interfaces.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow more than 100 artboards

Artboard limits should be a "soft cap" of 100 or more dependent on the user's PC specs. The user should then be able to, at their own risk of performance, increase the cap of artboards to whatever number they feel is necessary, whether or not that is unlimited is up to the user. There was a suggestion to remove this cap over 5 years ago, I believe it is time to make the change.
    I need currently 120 and it's really AWKWARD to create a new file and put resources there. I 100% need all my images in one file…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

6. Change the layer an object is located on

If you have a large artboard with multiple objects and layers it is really time consuming to organize your layers when all you can do is drag and drop. I think it would be useful if you could right click on an object and "move to layer" like you can in muse.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Export an AI Artboard from multi-artboard file to a separate single artboard AI file.

Often I create AI files with multiple artboards for creating a seamless document for presentations. Often after the presentation is made I need to break apart the file and parse out the pages to created technical fabrication details. It would help immensely if the artboards were exportable into separate single artboard AI files.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Export Artboards' ExportTo directory should be saved in the Illustrator File

Currently, Export Artboards' ExportTo directory is a per Application setting and changes for all subsequent ExportTo actions.

It really should be a per Illustrator File setting so that exporting art boards from a file defaults to last export directory used for this file.

To support both per file and per application behaviours:

1. Add a checkbox next to the ExportTo: directory field: "Use last export directory for this file" with the state of this check box is saved in the Illustrator file so it does not need to be changed after the first export.

If selected shows the file's export…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase size of artboard

Hi Adobe,

I would like the art board to be larger than 222 inches. I work in the sign industry and I would much rather use adobe than a CAD program to create signage. At the moment I either have to use signlab or cut my art in half or in fourths in adobe... I went to college to learn adobe as a graphic designer and I would like to use the program I know best. Please increase the size of the art board. THANKS!!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Artboard numbering error

When dublicating artboards (Alt + drag), the program randomly makes one of the artboards dublicate with the same number. When exporting the artboards, one of the duplicates is ignored and cannot be exported.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Possibility for the USER to set the default units when creating a new document

It saves time. In stead of having to adjust this for every new document, it would be a lot better to let users define their own standards, templates and what so ever…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Option for Artboards to be non-printing

Would be very useful if there could be a setting in the Artboards palate that could make them 'non-printing' (Like in Layers) - I use a lot of pre-prepared template files and sometimes don't use all Artboards, so to 'turn them off' rather than having to delete (as I may need them later in a job) or keep changing print options would be great.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Trim View (CC 2019) should also hide visible "Hidden Characters"

If we turn on "Show Hidden Characters" while working with text, the display option "Trim View" should automatically turn it off while active.
    As I see it, this view should emulate the final output, as is in InDesign. Therefore, hiding these characters is essential to previewing the final result appropriately.
    For the same reason, it would be very useful to have an option to toggle Overprint Preview on automatically while Trim View is active.

And please, please let it have a single letter shortcut (as it is today, it requires a Function or Ctrl key).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make the Smart Guides as reliable as the ones in InDesign!

The Smart Guides have not been working consistently for many years now. I think they work 80% of the time the way I would expect them to, but that's just not good enough for professional work. I've attached an example of an issue I'm constantly having when working with smart guides in Illustrator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When working on multiple artboards it would be very helpful if the artboard I'm working on was highlighted in the artboard panel.

When working on multiple artboards it would be very helpful if the artboard I'm working on was highlighted in the artboard panel. I find myself clicking through multiple boards on the panel because I can't remember which board I was on. It's not uncommon for me to have 50 boards.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to turn off pixel snap for new RGB documents

It frustrates me that whenever I open a new RGB document the snap to pixel is automatically on, I realise it is logical, however, I wish there was just a menu option to turn it off by default.

(Also same idea for rulers, give me an option to have them auto appear in new documents)

Thank you!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. din A format

The New Document Dialog has very poor (print) presets with only 7 (!) options to choose from. Please add all DIN-A sized formats starting from A7 or A8 all the way up to A0. It would be great to also include some of the most common B (posters) and C (envelopes and such) sizes as well as common American sizes. They can be categorized neatly with DIN-A, B, C and American sizes. That would be really helpful when creating new documents.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Select and move to new layer

On the Layers panel, it would be great to:
    * Right-click on a selected set of elements inside a layer and choose to create a new layer with them or move them to a particular layer (via menu)
    * Make it easier and more intuitive to select the corresponding elements in the Layers panel instead of just highlighting them on the far-right column of the Layers panel. I would like to drag and select elements on the Artboard and be able to select those elements on the Layers panel so that I can easily move them around.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adobe Fonts dont sync properly with Typekits fonts purchased.

My synced fonts don't show up in Illustrator. These are fonts that have been syncs for months. Restarting Illustrator does nothing. Unsyncing and resyncing fonts on Typekit does nothing

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base