When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Angled Guidelines

I'm working on a typography piece right now and my guidelines look like this (see attached.) The black lines are straight strokes. I think it would be really neat to have an option for angled guidelines, so I don't have to mix vertical/horizontal guides with strokes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get rid of that awful new document screen. It's annoying for experienced users.

Please have a way to turn off that new document screen the same way I can turn off the "Start Workspace".

Experienced users don't need (or want) doc creation on-boarding.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Frames into Illustrator

In InDesign it's possible to add frames for text and imagery, and although Illustrator isn't necessarily the layout application - it would be great to get this feature on it too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Export Panel and exportting for artboard dont work

I drag my icon to export panel and select svg. then hit export. A pop up appears only for half a sec and the export is not there. Same thing for exporting for screens; I select the artboard - export as svg and I select that it would make subfolders for me and show it after export. It opens the folder but its empty. This bug appeared after the latest update.I urgently need it to be fixed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support video placement for UX design

Being able to import videos and make a design on top of a looping video would be super helpful for all of us product designers that need to see how the movement of the video impact on a design. This can help in websites and apps, and for presentation purposes it would be nice to be able to export the video.
    Right now to test a background video on a design you have to export the design and work on a new file inside a video editor.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make the slicing more like Fireworks with naming and sizes individual for each artboad (like stages/pages in Fireworks).

Currently I can not export bitmap icons with the the right names and in the right sizes as in Fireworks including padding.
    And when I go to another document for a different platform (an app), I have to include the different sizes again.
    Also I have no preview like in legacy before I overwrite the old picts.
    Making graphics for mobile devices, your presets are based on the lowest resolution (@1). Some user control please...
    Bring back Fireworks...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. A search fearture for text on artboard/canvas

I know illustrator has good navigation features. But when designer provide project files to client for example on envato market. First pain for client is to understand document patterns. I want to make help instruction inside illustrator document but search feature is required to navigate to different sections.

For example: 1000+ icon set, search is required for such big documents.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. adapt default imperial/metric units to geolocation, or remember previous settings

This relates to the procedure of creating a new document, so that there shouldn't be a need for changing system every time, to comprehend the dimensions of a document in usual units.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pg Up & Pg Down

Hi guys! I have a feature request. Usually the rule of thumb is if you can hotkey it or select it from a menu then you can build it into an action. There's one exception I've found.

Illustrator will respond to using the Page Up and Page Down keys on your keyboard to navigate your artboards. BUT it ignores these commands if you're recording an action.

We could make some really robust and powerful actions if we could program actions to navigate through the artboards. Please please please add this?

PS it would also be amazing if variables could navigate…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The process of making icons design is made easier in Adobe Illustrator CC.

When an illustrator or designer designs a collection of pictograms or icons designs they must arrange artboards in large quantities for different icons design according to the needs of the web, apps, and other products. Adobe Illustrator CC must provide special needs for artboard settings to facilitate the process of designing a collection of pictograms or icons design with large numbers to suit many needs such as for web, apps, games, favicons, etc. Facilitate the work process becomes lighter and faster.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restricted Scroll

I'd love if there was a key we could hold down to restrict the hand tool to only scroll perfectly vertical or horizontal. Would make it easier to develop for web - you could quickly get a sense of how a site would work when the user scrolls.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show slices names

I'm looking for a simple but very useful option for slices:
    "Show slice name"

Currently in setting of Illustrator there are only option:
    "Show slice numbers", - file attached.
    But it's doesn't give me anything actually.
    I've created names for each slice and I need to check these names visually, without need to select each slice and goto it slice settings..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator Zeichenflächen

Es wäre wünschenswert, mehrere Zeichenflächen gleichzeitig markieren zu können. Außerdem mehrere ausgewählte zeichenflächen gleichzeitig verschieben zu können oder über das Ausrichten Werkzeug oder Koordinaten organisieren zu können.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Select elements of a compound object in the Layers panel

I don't understand why a compound object can't be expanded in the Layers panel to reveal its elements, and let me select and manage them. Just like I can see and select elements in a (clip) group, and cat go to into isolation mode with a compound. What's the rationale to prevent this ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Artboard Resizing

Would like to be able to resize the artboards in both directions with a preview.
    I'm sometimes having an issue where I can't resize the artboard in both directions x & y. Also now there is no preview for this operation like in previous versions.

CC18
    Windows 10 - all updates

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 11 12 13 15 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base