When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

314 results found

1. Provide an option for making artboard names / numbers visible on the artboard (like when editing artboards)

Provide an option in Adobe Illustrator to show artboard names and/or numbers on the artboard / on top of the artboard (like when editing artboards). This visible naming would greatly help to keep artboards organized in large, multiple artboard files. This would be so helpful!

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. unlimited artboards for storyboarding to scale

Storyboarding at 1920x1080 and I can only get 48 artboards. My computer can easily handle more. Why the limit - more please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you need to have a larger canvas, you can force Illustrator to enable the 'large canvas mode' by entering the size larger than 227 in (or 16383 px). Ai will warn you the scaling mode gets enabled. Commit and change the size of your artboard to 1920×1080. Done, you now have a larger canvas (actually it means it’s scaled internally and you loose one fractional space, but for storyboarding it’s just fine).

Read more about this here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/large-sized-artwork.html

3. Export artboards with the correct sequential order

I am creating multiple page presentations and often I have to insert or move artboards. When I export the artboards to JPG or PNG they are named after their original artboard number which creates a lot of extra work for me.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator uses the actual order of artboards in the Artboards panel for numbering, not the one you have on canvas (because artboards can be used not only as pages, but viewports, intersect and contain each other). To get the order you need, you should re-arrange the list manually in the panel.

There is also a request for automating the matching inverted process: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/333657-illustrator-desktop-feature-requests/suggestions/44105052-rearrange-artboards-on-canvas-accordingly-to-their

4. Pixel Perfect - alignment with equal distribution e.g. Artboard alignment

When exporting out artwork for app icons, the dimensions have to be precise. 256 x 257 isn't going to work downstream and you have to adjust and export out again - wasting time.

If an art board bounds is not pixel perfect aligned the exported graphics can be one pixel out. So it becomes necessary to align both content and art boards.

One could argue that if an art board has a defined integer dimension, then it should be guaranteed to be exactly that dimension. Which could be a bug.

But why is it necessary to have an art board…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Auto white spaces detection in the edge of Artboard!

Make auto detect tool that can notify you when there is a white space in the edges of the Artboard. It would be great tool, most designers are not aware that the background is not fully filled the artboard! or the image size is not exactly fit the artboard!

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Adding Scale next to Units in Preferences

I would like to be able to work with scales. For example sometimes I design large objects that don't fit the working area and using scales would be much easier to have a real idea of the dimensions of the object. I would like to be able to choose scales 1:5, 1:25, 1:50 and see the scaled dimension in "Properties/Transform" .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Previous/Next Artboard hotkeys should be able to keep zoom

Right now Ai also does 'Fit Artboard in Window' when any of artboard navigation hotkeys are used. I’d like also be able to keep zoom level when navigating artboards.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Zoom In On Navigator

Zoom In On Navigator

1. When I am using the navigator, I'd like to see how certain areas of my document will look when printed. I would like to be able to zoom in on the navigator. See attached file.
    2. This would help me greatly because I could see small changes and large changes, at a better scale, while not making the navigator take up too much space within your layout.
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-establish the the ability to drag over dimensions to change them!!!!

I've been dragging over the top of dimensions to change them for years, I'm speaking about artboards specifically. Now with the latest release of IL I have to triple click or place a curser and either backspace or select over the top with my keyboard. It's REALLY ANNOYING and disruptive to my workflow. I know it's a simple thing, but when you've been working a certain way for years a slight change like that can cause all sorts of mistakes in projects.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Button to remove all groups and individual graphics located outside Artboard

While working in a file with many Artboards and while exporting each artboard to a separate EPS, AI carries over all graphics from the original file even if the graphics from each EPS file is resumed to it's artboard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bring back "hide edges" for type within a paragraph

I used to be able to select a line of type, hide edges, and then view how various fonts looked (without seeing the type bar that show's it's selected). Not being able to do this has greatly slowed down my process. Please bring back "Hide Edges" for selected type within a paragraph.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Raster Effects Resolution

Currently the Raster Effects Resolution has only 4 options 300/150/72 & 36 ppi. At times, specially when working for CMYK prints, the designer needs a specific resolution which is currently not available. I would suggest that there should be Custom option to input the desired resolution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Affichage/Ajuster à la largeur

Je me trouve souvent à faire des mis en page sur Illustrator, mon logiciel fétiche de la suite adobe. Le zoom pour le plan travail est trop éloigné et de fois je dois faire deux fois zoom avant (Cmd "+" ) pour arriver sur un zoom sur la largeur du plan travail pour avoir un visuel idéal. Mais de fois c'est pas assez précis selon ou le pointeur est situé...

Avoir une option dans la fenêtre Affichage pour zoomer sur la largeur du plain travail me serait de grande utilité, surtout avec un raccourci du style "⌘⇧0"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improved Artboard management

For a long time I have been creating presentations in Adobe InDesign, however I have recently moved to creating presentations in Illustrator because of the greater flexibility with page layout.

In Illustrator you’re able to create a presentation for example 5x5 1920x1080, zoom out and see all the artboards. This is really good to zoom out and see everything at a glance.

The issues comes when you want to add and manage artboards. If I select the second artboard and add an artboard, it places it at the end of the presentation or the current row, in order to set…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Artboard auto-naming preferences, one-click artboard with size dialog

I often have to make documents with many artboards for various ad and social image sizes. Currently, one has to make these artboards, then hand-name them.

I'd love a preference that would set new artboard names automatically to their widthxheight. This way, when exporting files one could use the prefix to export everything easily and skipping a lot of manual work. It could work a bit like the batch file export dialog, allowing you to "build" newly created artboard names based on filename, size, etc.

Also, if I click with the new artboard tool it would be great if it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Feedback on Invite to edit Feature (in Beta now)

In our next feature update as part of cloud documents in Illustrator, we bring to you the “Invite to Edit” feature that is intended to help you share and collaborate with others.

What is it?
    Collaborate with others with the Invite to Edit feature. Share your cloud document with other collaborators so that they can also edit your document. Find documents that others have shared with you in a new section called “Shared with you” which you can find on the Home Screen. You can also easily take a non-cloud document and convert it into a cloud document in order…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Transform Coordinates - "Copy" and "Paste" buttons with specific order

We need the possibility of copying the X/Y/Angle/W/H/Shear parameters when selecting a Source shape and paste them in the Transform panel when selecting the Destination shape.
    I recommend always angle is first when pasting, before X/Y/W/H/Shear.
    It is quite strange that since all of these CC iterations, this has never been covered. It is quite awqward to introduce numbers and many decimals by hand and not having a possibility to do it quickly.

Thanks for the consideration!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Pan and zoom on multiple artboard at once

Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to locate and zoom all open windows at the same time in illustrator. Like in compare window in Lightroom. When you zoom and pan over the image, it helps you compare and spot the difference. I am in packaging and sometimes i am using the same diecut and artwork, but different product. i would love to pan and zoom over the artworks on multiple windows to compare and spot the difference.

Jonathan

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base