2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Art and art board rotation

Everything rotates on art board and stays in places

Save having to twist our necks!

I've used a third party plug in - that does this, but I no longer have access to it

Please add :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Artboard Dimension Limitation

One of the biggest complaints we hear from our franchisees is the artboard limitation of 227.541". Why is that the limit? Corel doesn't have a limit. Why Adobe? and why such an obscure number? I realize there is a PDF limitation of 200" so that is another issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Margin options like Indesign

Margins are such an important for of making posters and other graphic design related things, it would be great having this option in illustrator.

Happy that Indesign has this, but illustrator is often used for projects that have these very same needs, but I'm left with making the margins myself every time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. .ait files

There is a problem with .ait files that cannot be opened unless you drag them into the illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. export visible artwork and automatically name it same as the selected layer

export visible artwork and automatically name it same as the selected layer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Bug with stroke

Hello! I got a bug. When you copy a shape to a new artboard, a stroke appears that cannot be deleted. It is superimposed over the usual stroke. And when you remove the fill and stroke, it remains. The same when reinstalling the program, this problem remains in this file.
    P.S. I worked in the latest version of illustrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import artboards into InDesign from Illustrator and vice versa.

Requestiog a function for importing artboards from InDesign to Illustrator and vice versa into Master Boards

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More special character

Like Indesign:
    - Page numbering (current, next, previous)

Extra:
    - Artboard name, size etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In version 24.02 problems with the file information

Hello, in Illustrator version 24.02 I have problems with the file information. Now the title is not saved anymore, I always have to enter it afterwards via Bridge. Also the creation date is no longer saved in the EPS files. When I enter this via Bridge, I always get an error message: "There is a problem with the file. "

It would be great if you could change this.

Gabi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New Document Modal displays nothing on first install

After first installing Ai 2020 and hitting Cmd+N to create a new document, the modal defaults to the recents tab which is not populated yet and therefore does not offer an option or button to create a new document. Once you go to a different tab and choose a preset it will display it in recents. But for the first time it should probably default to another tab or at least offer you a button to create a new document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Zoom in, out and pan when in dialog window

No matter what dialog window we are currently in, we should be able to zoom in and out and pan the artboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. create artboards to CENTER of stroke pleasssseee!

if i create a box with a fill and stroke, use (shift O) for artboard tool, i double click my box and a new artboard is created. when i double click my shape with the artboard tool, it creates an artboard around the stroke width and not the actual bounding box or CENTER of the stroke. i believe illustrator used to preform this operation correctly in the past.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. same artboard number within 1 file

Why the artboards are numbered like this when it was fine in older versions. I need to export them in correct order as they contain writing steps. Now I missed some steps of the writings, this is very essential and crucial. The problem occurs on the other file too, exact number skipped and missing as well. #13, #17 missing with #15, #18 being duplicated the same...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lock the document if its oppened on PC (like in InDesign)

To avoid, that two people or more work on the same document at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Actions Panel: Fit to Selected Art

Currently, I cannot record "Fit to Selected Art" in an action. Please make actionable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Turn off snap to pixel

I don't know why this suddenly appeared as a default, but there should be a way to ALWAYS turn off Snap-to-pixel. I have to turn it off every time I open a new file.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Remove the default 72 PPI resolution

There is NO device on Earth (except in museums) that have 72 PPI screen.
    However, EVERY new screen-intended document created today in Illustrator and Photoshop STILL made with only 72 PPI by default.

With this laughable resolution, all raster effects are rendered, looking just bad on any screen.

Since 72 PPI is the actual World Standard, it confuses many Adobe users and it has to be changed for good.

Today's computer screens have at the very least 120 PPI, but the phones for which many projects are created have a way higher pixel density of 450 PPI and more. The…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Why Print presets in points not mm?

Hello,

Every time i do new document from preset, i am thinking why is it in points not mm or inch. It is PRINT, not screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to duplicate artboards with Cmd+D

It would be nice if once you alt+drag an artboard in order to make a copy, you can keep duplicating the artboard with the same displacement, just pressing Cmd+D.

As it happens when you do it with a form or an image.

Thanks!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base