1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

314 results found

1. Moving Artboards and Locked Layers

The latest CC updates' new feature allows locked/hidden layers to move when you move an artboard. This doesn't make sense since locked should mean locked. I am running into problems now because my company uses a lot of artboards to make print-production files, and sometimes you need to re-arrange the artboards while working on the file.
    There should be a way to turn this feature on or off. Such as "keep locked/hidden layers locked when moving/duplicating artboards, or allow locked and hidden elements to move when artboard moves"

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 22.1.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Preview artboard on my smartphone

A feature where I can i.e. sync my artboards to my smartphone when designing mobile interfaces.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Copy multiple artboards between files.

Copy, merge and save artboards between files. For example select multiple artboards, copy to other file, or save as .artboard file... Option to paste or merge this file/clipboard to other open document. Makes it easier to maintain libraries, icons, style elements etc in one file to work with or to share.

240 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

You may read about this functionality here: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new/2020-1.html#cut_copy

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

4. When in pixel perfect mode (making PNG's), it would be nice if print reflected this.

By now the prints are in vektor and do not reflect the works...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please make the slicing more like Fireworks with naming and sizes individual for each artboad (like stages/pages in Fireworks).

Currently I can not export bitmap icons with the the right names and in the right sizes as in Fireworks including padding.
    And when I go to another document for a different platform (an app), I have to include the different sizes again.
    Also I have no preview like in legacy before I overwrite the old picts.
    Making graphics for mobile devices, your presets are based on the lowest resolution (@1). Some user control please...
    Bring back Fireworks...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. adapt default imperial/metric units to geolocation, or remember previous settings

This relates to the procedure of creating a new document, so that there shouldn't be a need for changing system every time, to comprehend the dimensions of a document in usual units.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. For complex artboard setups: Artboard groups, folders, labels, hide/show toggles and other enhancements to the Artboards window

Currently the Artboards window lists all artboards in a single numbered list. The only customization available for the list is the ability to renumber the artboards. A helpful enhancement to consider: Add the ability to organize artboards list into nested groups and folders. For more complex situations, features like color coding with custom labels, and tags and filters could be helpful. To help de-clutter complex overlapping artboards, it would be helpful to be able to toggle the view on and off for artboards similar to how layers can be shown or hidden.

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Layer freezing

When doing very complicated artwork, sometimes Illustrator's live preview starts to become impossibly slow. Distorted dense fill patterns, lots of art brushes full of translucent shapes, complicated high-res bitmap effects… I can do some stunning things with these but I’m reluctant to use them, because I need to have fast response time in my drawing tool.

Currently, layers can be locked, or unlocked. I would like to have a third mode: 'frozen', where the layer is locked, and a bitmap of the entire layer is cached. This bitmap is then used for rendering the preview, until such time as the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Adding multiple artboards at once

Why can't we add several artboard instead of manually adding one by one ?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As per the comment, the most accessible way to create multiple artboards is to draw multiple rectangles with required dimensions and positions, followed by the Convert To Artboards command.

There are multiple ways to create several rectangles fast: Transform Again command, an expanded blend, Split into Grid command.

10. Minus Front on Grouped Objects

Allow for the pathfinder to operate on groups of objects as if the group were one object. Possibly its own pathfinder function. If I am working with a group it is understood that I want to work with those items as one object. However, when using the pathfinder to minus front, and the object below is part of a group it just deletes the entire group along with the portion of the top object that I wanted to get rid of. When would that be useful? This will also be posted as a bug, because that is how I view…

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Resize artboard&art inside it simultaneously

I just want to resize both artboard and art inside it.
    Currently, I've used beta 22.0.0, I can multiple select artboards, but I can't just scale art with artboard, I need to scale each one separately. Or scale art, then select Object->Artboards-> Fit To Selected Art...

But I want just like Ctrl+Mouse to scale them both.

307 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. pin document to start screen

Have the ability to pin a document to the home screen

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The process of making icons design is made easier in Adobe Illustrator CC.

When an illustrator or designer designs a collection of pictograms or icons designs they must arrange artboards in large quantities for different icons design according to the needs of the web, apps, and other products. Adobe Illustrator CC must provide special needs for artboard settings to facilitate the process of designing a collection of pictograms or icons design with large numbers to suit many needs such as for web, apps, games, favicons, etc. Facilitate the work process becomes lighter and faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Artboard background color needs to be user-assignable

We need to be able to change artboard background color.

Working on pure white is straining on the eyes and it's rarely appropriate for non-print projects (99% of my work). Having to draw colored rectangles, lock them or put them on separate layers, and then manage them when we resize or duplicate artboards is painful and tedious.

Let's have an icon for it next to the artboard name (in the Artboard palette) where we can choose a swatch (including transparent).

Let's support changing multiple artboard colors at once with multi-selection.

Thank you!

85 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A search fearture for text on artboard/canvas

I know illustrator has good navigation features. But when designer provide project files to client for example on envato market. First pain for client is to understand document patterns. I want to make help instruction inside illustrator document but search feature is required to navigate to different sections.

For example: 1000+ icon set, search is required for such big documents.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. auto arrange artboards on new

First, the workspace is Too **** small at this point, especially when working in pixels. And someone out there assumes 72dpi still. Stop it!

I'm creating 4K artboards to explore some ideas. I create 2 of them. And it won't let me create a 3rd without rearranging. Who's idea was That!?!?

The first thing you should do is just move the stinkin' workspace. What's with all the room on the left? Look, if you only work left to right, why are you always trying to center the artboards in the workspace? You'll never use the space above or to the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    We are pleased to inform you that your request is available in the latest release of Illustrator version 22.0.
    Visit your Adobe Creative Cloud Application and update. If you do not see an update on the application please check for update from the flyout options on the application after clicking on three vertical dots. For step by step process please visit: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html#Checkforupdates

Warm Regards,

17. Lock, hide or deactivate artboards

An option to lock, hide or deactivate one or several artboards would improve working with multiple versions of graphics - especially when you you need to return to an earlier ittaration.

When saving to AI-file you have to erase the artbord (with the graphics floating in space) to get rid of the page.

109 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Bleed View - a view mode that shows just the artwork

Add a view mode that shows only artwork on the artboards, like in InDesign. Where I don't see the bleed and the artwork on it.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,

19. Increase Bleed Limit!

1 inch bleed limit may seem extreme for offset (usually 1/8") or packaging (1/4"), but people use Illustrator for all kinds of projects! Textile vendors want much more. The limit makes proofing annoying because we need to get approvals without bleed.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Artboard-specific Layers

When working with multiple artboards, it would be very helpful to have artboard-specific layers displayed on the Layers panel as opposed to one long blob of all layers from all artboards.

72 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base