When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Paste symbols along a path

In Indesign you can copy a path and paste it into a text field, including along a path. This is great because if you paste it repeatedly you can then adjust it like you would with type eg changing height and width, spacing etc.

I would like to be able to do the same in illustrator.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stretching objects

A stretch function allows to e.g. move a door in a wall. The door is moved, one wall is enlarged and the other wall is shortened. This is done by drawing a box through the walls and around the door, and then by moving the selection. Object that are completely within the selection are moved. Object that cross the selection box are stretched.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please make an ellipse tracer!!

A ellipse with tracing capabilities!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Grid Repeat and Radial Repeat from Illustrator iPad onto Illustrator Desktop

• Add Grid Repeat and Radial Repeat from Illustrator iPad onto Illustrator Desktop

• Why is this valuable to me? It's clearly an amazing feature but I don't want to go and buy an iPad Pro just to use it when I have a $5000 editing desktop computer at my disposal with a much larger, colour calibrated display.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make a brush stroke a path instead of a fill. So you don’t have to adjust the outlines from a line you just drawn.

Please make a brush stroke a path instead of a fill. So you don’t have to adjust the outlines from a line you just drawn. Or else this app shouldn’t be called illustrator. Thats the main thing of illustration using adobe illustrator. Apply a look to a line, and then be able to adjust the line instead of a fill which it now creates, not usable at all. It’s also useful for animation purposes to be able to use a path. And the pencil isn’t the same thing as a brush, you want to see the endresult of what you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please create a Smooth Path where I can just draw over paths to smooth.

Please create a Smooth Path where I can just draw over paths to smooth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve ShapeBuilder by adapting the Corel’s SmartFill functionality

Whoever came up with the idea of the ShapeBuilder, they did utilize not that popular LivePaint in a great way. Make it even better!
    Steal and add to Ai the Smart Fill from Corel Draw (see the GIF attached). You don’t have to create a live paint, you just click over the intersection, just like ShapeBuilder does, and you have your new shape over the original paths. Steal it and make it better — CorelDraw doesn’t understand click and drag here, and it’s less comfortable to set a color (while Ai won’t have any problem here). Like now ShapeBuilder does…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy Bezier pen behavior from After Effects

In AE, we can hold down the alt/option key to instantly break smooth anchor points. In other words: Dragging a control point while alt/option is down, enables separate manipulation of the control point (breaking it).

This is way more effective than selecting a separate tool. Maybe this can be added, since alt/option has no function at the momen. (and because in a suite - one would expect similar tools to work the same ;-)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Please add SIMPLE image color adjustments

Please add the ability to adjust an image's color from within Illustrator. Nothing crazy, just HSV adjustments, Curves & Levels, etc...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Full Functionality of Pen tool

I think it would be nice to have full functionality of the pen tool. When I make a shape and click divide, it works but then when I merge shapes together, it’s not completely merged especially when I use the ungroup feature. It is very frustrating as it makes the pen tool a little confusing to use. You can see in the attached photo where i made two circles & divided the shape. I separated one of new shapes and then merged what I didn’t separate. With the new shape I made, I hit ungroup and then it becomes completely…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A new tool that copies exactly the color that's seen by the user on the screen through transparent objects

Currently, when I like a certain color that's formed through the combination of 2 or more transparent objects (or objects with blend modes applied), I can't copy that exact color. The eye-dropper tool simply copies the color from the topmost object. I often find myself taking a snap of the display and then paste that image within illustrator and copying the color I want from that image.

Request: I'd like a tool, similar to the eye-dropper, but instead, it picks the RESULTANT color(s) that is displayed through transparent objects or even objects with BLEND-MODES applied to them.

I've attached an…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More sophisticated transform

Randomise transformations but constrain them to multiples of set increments, eg 45°, 20° or 2mm, 10mm. Randomise colours. Apply transform to a percentage of objects (or a random percentage). Apply random to each transform individually, eg, rotate, move, not globally as now.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Smooth tool on AI iPad

It would be great to have the smooth tool feature on AI for iPad! Using AI iPad would really speed up my process but without the smooth tool it will slow me down having to switch from iPad to desktop!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reference Points for transformations.

Please can we have Reference Points in the Transform tool section like in desktop illustrator?

They offer much greater control and repeatability in comparison to black box tools like “Distribute”.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add values labels to the graph tool

Please, add the value labels feature to the graph tool.

Currently, it is possible through a weird code and design symbols. Although graphs are not supposed to have value labels, clients are all the time asking for that. Adding one by one, by hand, is time consuming.

Since Adobe bought Freehand MX, you could open its code and learn from there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Pattern brushes / scatter brushes that can use multiple elements to make a pattern

At the moment scatter brushes can only repeat one element, and pattern brushes can only repeat one kind of side tile.

I want to be able to make brushes that are made of multiple different symbols scattered along the line. Ideally different probabilities for each symbol, or random spacing between them etc.

Let's say I want to create a line that has several different daisies scattered along it. At the moment, I could make my daisies, but I would have to group them then create a pattern or scatter brush from the group. As a result, the brush repeated the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Repeat along path

Mirror, repeat and array around a circle are all possible, please can we add repeat/array along a defined path.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Pen tool snapping

The pen tool doesn’t currently snap to grid.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Illustrator for iPad - allow me to move common actions bar.

I’m going through one of the tutorials and I can’t rotate an object because the common actions bar is blocking the rotation node and there is no way for me to move it out of the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Illustrator for iPad - allow me to move common actions bar.

I’m going through one of the tutorials and I can’t rotate an object because the common actions bar is blocking the rotation node and there is no way for me to move it out of the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base