When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export EPS with latex

The open source Inkscape has the feature where you could edit any text as latex in the EPS-file after exporting it. This makes all scientists and other users of latex mega-happy. This is the easiest way to format the text to fit the latex document, and to add nice math writings to the figure in the blink of an eye, instead of the tedious work of writing the correct font and special math symbols in Illustrator.

Could Ai please add the feature of generating something similar to what is documented here: http://tug.ctan.org/info/svg-inkscape/InkscapePDFLaTeX.pdf ?

I believe this is easy and quickly…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multipage PDF export in the Asset Export Panel

The Asset Export panel is really great and you can export Artboards as PDF but each artboard is a PDF file.

It will be so great to add a checkbox to export the selected Artboards as a unique Multipage PDF.
    Currently you can export in PDF using Save as… PDF, you have to enter manually the pages ranges and it's not memorized for the next export like in Export for Screens (Asset Export panel).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. HREF

So many years, a lot of versions and still no URL creation function in AI like in Indesign. Add a hyperlink to a text or an object to make it clickable on PDF run! This is terribly missing!

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/how-to/add-hyperlink.html

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change "Export For Screens" Save Path Default To File Folder

f I go to File > Export > Export For Screens the default save path points to the last folder I used. What we as users are expecting is the default path to be equal to the same folder as the Illustrator file is currently located in.

If you feel this should not be the default at least give us a way to change this in the AI Preferences. Thanks!

97 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Larger preview images in .ai files

When an .ai file is saved, an image of all the active artboards is saved in the file. The OS (Mac or PC) uses this to provide a PREVIEW of the contents of the .ai file.

(a) This preview is terribly small, and displays as a small thumbnail instead of a useful image of the file contents. It appears to be a tiny bitmap, but it's so small it doesn't do much good at revealing what's in the file.

(b) The preview also displays everything visible on the pasteboard, including graphics that is not on any artboard. Since the preview…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export Artboards as PowerPoint or Keynote slides

I like using Illustrator to design complexe slides or icons, illustrations… for my slides and I’d like to export them by maintaining vector capabilities to have the ability in PowerPoint or Keynote to change their color and to scale them freely.

I know plug-ins or some export format will somehow works for some cases.
    But it will be so nice to have a straight forward export!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remember User preference for Responsive SVG / SVGZ

We often need SVG and SVGZ that are NOT responsive to the web area (we need to control the viewable font size for psychometrics purposes).

Illustrator default switches to Responsive being checked after every Illustrator restart. It would be great if every time I restart Illustrator the check box for "Responsive" remembered that I want it UNchecked (our workaround is to create a new SVGZ file immediately after every restart and uncheck the Responsive box, and if we don't remember to do that task our work must be tediously re-exported).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Share for Review Enabled for Illustrator

Enable share for review with Illustrator. I can already see how this will help when working with clients for magazines in InDesign - so I can’t wait to see how I can use if with clients for Illustrator based projects.

ESPECIALLY as a professor - this will make it much easier to provide feedback for students during remote teaching and learning this fall with COVID.

LINK TO inDesign feature -
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11219483

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Automatically update legacy format when saving...

When working on an older version of illustrator - when you save, you get a notice about saving in a legacy format. I would like a preferences option to automatically save in the latest version when working on legacy files. Right now I have to use save as.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Filter "Recent Files" to include only AI documents

RECENT FILES SHOULD IDEALLY BE ONLY AI DOCUMENTS.

If I have exported say 10 jpgs in my previous session, on start-up my RECENT FILES is over-run with those JPG file names. They all have the same thumbnail too. That's outrageous!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow us to control the saving of cached copies of raster effects.

I use a lot of raster effects in my work. A lot. I can easily have several thousand paths with effects on them. (Mostly Gaussian Blur, thanks for speeding that one up a few versions ago!)

Some experimentation with saving multiple copies of an effect-heavy file with different raster effects resolutions confirmed my suspicion that the file size varies greatly with the effect PPI:

300ppi: 70.8MB
    150ppi: 28.8MB
    72ppi: 14.4MB
    2ppi: 5.4MB

Reloading the 300ppi copy made it obvious that there's a cache of raster effects in the file, as I didn't have to wait through a half a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Files save status (*) asterisk in title bar/filename does not seem to work anymore.

Files save status (*) asterisk in title bar/filename does not seem to work anymore. The little asterisk by the filename used to tell you if changes had been made to the open file. After a Save or SaveAs the asterisk would disappear. Now, it seems to always be there. If I do a Cmd-S to save and then a Cmd-W to close, the software still prompts for a save, even though no changes have been made. This is different than the behavior in previous versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Export Multiple Artboards in DXF format

I'd love to be able to export multiple artboards to DXF files

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Where has Export > DXF Gone?

Export as DXF has been removed since the latest update.
    This option is essential at our workplace.

Is there a reason why it was removed?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export for Screens should be per project.

I work on lots of projects. They all use export for screens. The export location and exports settings vary by project. Remembering and resetting the location and settings for each project slows down my work flow and is a source of problems in the greater work flow that the exported art is just a piece of. For instance in one "greater" project there are multiple Illustrator files for Android icons, iOS icons, and multiple art files - each requires different settings and locations in Export for Screens.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Copying a layer in a multi-layer file does not put anything on the clipboard for SVG

Select the top layer in a multi-layer file
    Copy it to the clipboard
    Use a clipboard viewer to display the "Scalable Vector Graphics" format

Expected Result: Well-formed SVG content to be on the clipboard.
    Actual Result: The clipboard has no data for the format, even thought it advertises it as being available.

I am a Microsoft engineer reporting this on behalf of a customer who is attempting to paste a layer from Illustrator into PowerPoint as SVG.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Save As PDF

When i SAVE AS PDF,
    and then make some changes and hit SAVE,
    the changes are then saved in the PDF and not in the AI file.

WHY????
    THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!!

"Save as" should work like "Export"
    And not change the your filetype you are working in

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Export file format order

Is there a way to change the order of formats in the dropdown? It would be great to have the default choice be the format I use 99% of the time?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. EXPORT PDF avec liens URL sur Objets

Well at this level of version, for so many years ... it's completely crazy that this is not possible !!! It is a function which is used to export PDF of a document. Illustrator has the same legitimacy as Indesign on this subject! In any case, that's how Illustrator is sold! I quote the site: "The industry-standard vector graphics software is used by millions of designers and artists to create everything from gorgeous web and mobile graphics to logos, icons, book illustrations, product packaging, and billboards.". Please add this function to create "visual URL links" on PDF mailings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base