1. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to turn off or filter out unneeded system fonts

It would be great if there was a way we could turn system fonts off so they don't show up in the list.
    Why is this valuable? Because currently I have 63 Noto *** fonts listed in my fonts -- there are others in that list too (Apple Braille) that we cannot remove from our system font library. Every time we do a visual search for a font to use, we have to go through these all of these useless fonts too.

This would be a great option for all of your programs -- not just Illustrator. Same issue in…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please add weibei-TC-bold font back to adobe applications.

I am unable to use "weibei-TC-bold" in my previously saved AI files from 2018 and 2019. I have been using this font for my business logo for two years.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Type  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Paste unformatted text

Please add a way to paste text from the clipboard without any formatting. Currently, I have to paste the text into a text editor to remove formatting and then copy/paste back into Illustrator. In other programs, this command is typically CMD-SHIFT-V, it would be nice if the same command could be used in AI for this functionality.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change character in default font

I'm looking for a way to change a character in my default font. I use the font family Proxima Nova (an Adobe font, what I have activated). In InDesign you can choose between two character for the letter 'a'. There I can change the font with find glyph en replace it for the other one. This is an extra action I make for all my designs.

It would be awesome to set that letter 'a' as a default a in that typefont. Because I can only use the right one in InDesign. AdobeIllustrator don't has that option. Is there a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add generic "sans-serif" font family option for text

SVG is the accepted vector graphic format for the web. We need a way to be able to specify platform-independent fonts for environments such as the web where there are no specific fonts that are universaly available. SVG does this with the font-family style property:

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/prfontfont-family.asp

The Inkscape vector graphics editor offers a font-selector where you can choose either a specific font or a generic font-family like "serif", "sans-serif", "monospace", etc. The request is for Illustrator to offer a similar feature.

See also here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-do-i-set-the-font-family-to-quot-sans-serif-quot/m-p/11017751

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Providing support for Amharic script. This will help all who design using Ethiopia's national language. Thank you!

Providing support for Amharic script. This will help all who design using Ethiopia's national language. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Providing support for Amharic script. This will help all who design using Ethiopia's national language. Thank you!

Providing support for Amharic script. This will help all who design using Ethiopia's national language. Thank you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add ability to hyperlink text

Make text linkable to a url or email when exported to a PDF, like you can already do in InDesign.

Only being able to do this in a PDF means that if you make an update in Illustrator and export as a PDF again, you have to re-do all your hyperlinks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Caution

Need to break and join the text word by word in a single paragraph

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Select Similar Font

You have Select same fill color and what not...why not have a select same font based on the font name? Then users can make sure they grab all the text w/ the same font. Probably not easy, but I think it would be pretty useful.

If there is already a way to do this, please teach me!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add a drop-down feature for font families, that allows all families to collapse and lock in the drop-down position.

Can you please create a system preference in which I am able to collapse all font families at once, and will lock them in the drop-down position?
    It is very hard to scroll through the typefaces and collapse families individually, one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Text moves when adjusting an applied Text Effect...

When you apply Arc (or any other text effect) to text, then adjust the percentage of Arc, the text moves up. You have to reposition the text to where it was... Inconvenient when you're trying to warp the text around an existing object. Would be ideal if the text would stay in place when the effect is adjusted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix the Find Font option with a search box, been waiting since Illustrator '88

simply add a search field within Find Font (like InDesign etc.)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Word count

Please add a words count in Illustrator. In Indesign this is also a missing feature (at lest for the whole document) but I see it has been already requested...in Illustrator it would be more than welcome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add the ability to see recently inserted glyphs.

Please add a way to see recently used glyphs in the glyphs panel. Something similar to the bottom row of Microsoft Office's "insert symbol" panel. It would be nice if there was a toggle to switch between those glyphs most recently inserted with the Illustrator app regardless of which .ai file they were inserted into and all of the glyphs that have been inserted into the current .ai file (ideally regardless of who inserted them to enable better collaboration).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NEW issue re: knocking out text.

I've recently run into issues with knocking out text that I've never run into before. Certain letters aren't knocking out completely. Please see the attached and notice how the tops of the letter "T" on the left side of the box aren't completely cut out.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. You have 'deactivate all fonts' feature. But we need also 'activate all' feature

You have 'deactivate all fonts' feature. But we need also 'activate all' feature.
    I have contacted one of your support regarding font issue, most of my activated fonts are gone in the software, but active in the website. He told me to deactivate all, I did but the thing is I want to activate again all my font that previously deactivate all but you don't have that option, now I have to spent my precious time to activated all one by one, and that is bad!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chinese Fonts

Can Chinese fonts have a second "english" identifier associated with it in Illustrator and Photoshop. Per our client, we're using a very specific typeface to translate an english document into Chinese. In this case it's Source Han Sans CN.

While it displays fine in ID, it was nearly impossible to locate in PD and AI

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. copy paste text

In older illustrators you could copy paste text back and forth form MS Word, Google drive, PPT, etc. Since 2019 you can't. It is an unnecessary waste of time. For some reason, someone decided to change that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base