• My feedback
  1. 609 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

695 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
    NOTE:
    1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
    2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

2. Problem with NEW LAYERS Colors - Expanded

It has been posted but it seems it has been ignored. I suspect that it is due to the fact that majority of the ILLUSTRATOR TEAM are NOT real users and/or designers. If that offends you, face the truth of it or provide some reasoning.
    Bottom line is that making new layers assigns different colors for the selected objects AND most of these colors are just useless! I have created a visual reference for the first 8 colors for comparison.
    So, please with sugar and honey on top and a sweet chai on the side… I am NOT suggesting that…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow to set custom keyboard shortcut for tool size larger and smaller

If you have an AZERTY (French) keyboard it is IMPOSSIBLE to increase or decrease the tool size using a key shortcut. Allowing users to set a custom key would at least permit them to work around this limitation, at the same time as it would enlarge the customization of the tool.

With AZERTY the default keys [ and ] aren't accessible except using the Alt Gr modifier, and this does not work. This is confirmed after extensive searching by the community from a question I asked here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/square-bracket-keys-on-azerty-touche-crochet-avec-clavier-azerty/m-p/11154730?page=1

Allowing to resize the tool with the keyboard is important for graphic…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shut the blue survey pop up!

We paid so much for monthly subscription, and this is what we get? I searched all over the web, and there's no way to shut this thing off? Are you kidding me? The adobe softwares are getting more ******. What are the engineers doing anyway? CS6 works a hundred times better than this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Right click on a transform to copy/paste position/angle/widht&height of objects separately

I would love it if I could copy the position etc. from one object to another without having to copy paste each property individually.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to change the height of top half of Find Fonts dialog box

It would be nice if the top half of the Find Fonts dialog box could also change height when you resize the box. It only show 5 fonts, and then they're not even in alphabetical order, so it's impossible to find the font you might want to change all instances to. Two screen shots attached: the first is the dialog box when it opens, the second is after I've resized it, but I cannot resize the list at the top...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Expand toolgroup on hover instead of long-click

Holding a mouse button to open a tool group can be not preferred way for some users that have experience in other software packages. It would benefit them and others if Illustrator will provide an option and a delay in Preferences to open these with just a mouse hovering over tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Transform options with clickable arrows all the time

Is there a way to always have the transform options like this (see "Transform with arrows.png" attachment) with clickable up and down arrows? The feature disappears unless you are grouping one or more objects (see "Transform no arrows.png" attachment).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Hotkeys for next/previous appearance item

Appearance is great but can be better.
    To select a fill below current one you have to open palette and click the item you want to change. If there would be a hotkeys for selecting next appearance item above/below (like Photoshop has for navigating Layers) this would boost keyboard freaks like me.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bring back right-click Opacity Mask

Remember when you could right click and select 'Opacity Mask'?

Yeah, those were the days. The process is twice as long now unless you have the 'transparency' window as a permanent fixture in your workspace.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. fix the Layers palette; modernize it.

The layers Palette in Illustrator Predates most Design apps out there. Because of that, many of its behaviors are critically out dated and in great need of a top - bottom update.

some critical things to fix:
    1. Selection tracking should be unified. Selecting in the Layers palette should ALSO select the elements in the document. Throw away the confusing 2nd step there.

1. naming. make it more flexible. IE: add built in options for the renaming that occurs when you copy a Layer. Add the ability to rename selected layers with one text entry. Add to that, a simple Scripting…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Change the Separations Preview panel to behave like it does in InDesign

Can you change the Separations Preview panel in Illustrator to behave just like it does in InDesign? The Separations Preview panel in InDesign shows the percentage of each color separation when you hover over an area of the artwork, and includes the Ink Limit option. Both of those features would be extremely useful in Illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. History Panel

I'm a handicapped person with the ability of using my right hand only. So, I don't have the access on keyboards that much. I use screen keyboards or other tools for typing also to gain full controls on various application and software. I also managed to make the Photoshop my own. I figured out and arranged the interface of Photoshop to make it better for my usability where the History Panel was the essential tool for me. And when it comes to Illustrator, I got disappointed as it doesn't includes the History Panel. It's difficult going to edit then undoing…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS WORTH LIVING FOR >PLEASE< add folders to the Layers panel BECAUE it will KEEP ME FROM DESTROYING THE EARTH

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS WORTH LIVING FOR >>PLEASE<< add folders to the Layers panel BECAUSE it will KEEP ME FROM DESTROYING THE EARTH

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Start Screen

It would be super cool if my start screen wasn't borked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change values of recorded actions

It would be great if the values of recorded actions can be changed in the actions panel.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. keyboard shortcuts for different languages

I'd love to see an update that lets me use the same physical keys for shortcuts while I have a different keyboard than English selected.

For example, the backslash key () is used for the line tool. But when switching to German, the same physical key returns (#) and in Romanian we have a (â).

I wish that all shortcuts activated by the press of the physical keys work as intended in the interface regardless of the language currently active so I don't have to switch so much between languages just to have my shortcuts work again.

This could work…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Saved views - in a panel or the control bar ?

What about having SAVED VIEWS in either a
    panel / control bar / separate panel

or even add them to the underused navigator panel ?

Edit : or expand something similar in the Artboard panel ?

I see this feature underused because of lack of usability, me seems.

artboard #view #custom

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ctrl/Cmd + arrow key should = increment nudge

While an object or text block is selected, holding ctrl/cmd and pressing arrow keys to nudge doesn't seem to have any effect. Could this not be used to nudge by a small increment?

When you are changing the value of a number within illustrator, the up and down arrows + ctrl/cmd make the number change by a 10th. Could the same not be used for moving an object or text around, maybe a 10th of the set "keyboard increment" to make smaller nudges? It could even be set in the preferences menu how much the ctrl/cmd + nudge increment is.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base