When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

108 results found

1. Pin Contextual Task Bar position (like in Photoshop)

Hi Adobe,

While I love the idea of the contextual toolbar, I'm sure I am joined by many in my opinion that it really gets in the way a lot of time, covering up parts of the design you'd like to see, making it hard to resize or move an object precisely and so on.

I'm extremely happy that I can just permanently pin the bar in the bottom of the screen (or wherever I want it) in Photoshop, but this option is entirely missing in Illustrator.

The bar will remain where it is for the duration of my work…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Intertwine needs a better way to display order operations rather than hiding them in a context menus

It’s not clear we can chose methods other than 'swap order' for cases when a freshly created intertwine zone has several possible solutions. Illustrator draws and edge around the current zone (quite poorly signaled, which is a different topic: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/45845602-make-intertwine-edit-mode-telegraphed-better), but then a single left-click just swaps and immediately ends editing the zone.

The fact we can click on the highlighted segment with a right mouse button and choose an order is not very obvious... because — let’s admit it — Illustrator can’t do context menus very well and we are not used to have anything really 'contextual' in…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. How do we add copy and paste to the right click menu?

How do we add copy and paste to the right click menu?

In almost all Adobe products copy and paste are in the right click menu but I can't find a way to turn them on in Illustrator. How do I get them to show up or even request an update to the program if they aren't in the program for some strange reason. Why would they be left out? Can we also use scripting to add other useful commands to the menu to save time while we work?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Illustrator (BETA) for Apple Silicon is here!

We are excited to announce the first Beta release of Illustrator running natively on Apple Silicon hardware!

This early version of Illustrator for Apple Silicon offers many of the core features that you've come to rely on for your day-to-day needs. Please give it a try. We would love to hear your feedback.

You can download this Beta through the Creative Cloud Desktop app's Beta Apps section. Look for 25.3.1 version. If you do not see the build, send me your Adobe ID at kotwal at Adobe dot com

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. you should consider adding the "perspective" feature from the classic 3D options to the new realisrtic 3D! adds more depth especially if us

you should consider adding the "perspective" feature from the classic 3D options to the new realisrtic 3D!

adds more depth especially if used in typography.

The perspective in classic 3D unfortunately is not working well if the possition is FRONT because the render of the sides is incomplete!

Imagine if this feature was part of the new 3D!!!

PLEASE ADD THE PERSPECTIVE INTO THE NEW 3D

thanks guys

George

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add ability to hyperlink text

Make text linkable to a url or email when exported to a PDF, like you can already do in InDesign.

Only being able to do this in a PDF means that if you make an update in Illustrator and export as a PDF again, you have to re-do all your hyperlinks.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share for Review for Illustrator

Enable share for review with Illustrator. I can already see how this will help when working with clients for magazines in InDesign - so I can’t wait to see how I can use if with clients for Illustrator based projects.

ESPECIALLY as a professor - this will make it much easier to provide feedback for students during remote teaching and learning this fall with COVID.

LINK TO inDesign feature -
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/indesign-share-for-review-faq/m-p/11219483

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. New improved search and Help (Discover) in Illustrator

Announcing a completely new search and help experience in Illustrator. The new 'Discover' feature allows you to search for help, tools, hands-on tutorials, and articles within the Illustrator app. You can use the Discover panel search bar to access the full repository of tools, in-app tutorials, and articles, to help you build your skills. Search offers auto-complete suggestions including suggested content, tool shortcuts, and quick links. You can invoke help using the search icon on the top right corner or through the Help menu.
    We are also bringing New Rich Tool Tips into Illustrator which allow you to quickly learn…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bring Radial, Mirror, Grid Repeats to Desktop Illustrator

We saw the radial pattern repeat function for the iPad version of Illustrator at MAX 2019, please bring this to the desktop version.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Repeats  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Radial, Mirror, Grid Repeat objects are available in the latest desktop versions, 25.1 and higher.
    There are some improvements still to be made, and the team is aware of some of them.
    Please search for the related requests here on UserVoice forums or add new ones if you can’t find a suitable one.

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other...  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Illustrator 製品版フィードバックへのご協力ありがとうございます。

Illustrator には、ドキュメントに設定される裁ち落とし設定とは別に、オブジェクトサイズでトンボ(トリムマーク)を作成する機能が搭載されております。

以下のヘルプページをご参照ください。
    【切り抜きまたは整列用のトリムマークの指定】
    https://helpx.adobe.com/jp/illustrator/using/specify-crop-marks-trimming-or.html

よろしくお願いいたします。

Illustrator チーム

11. Font style not applying correctly

Using the character window.
    When trying to alter pre-typed text, changing using Font Family menu in character window works, but changing using Font Style menu does not (the window states that it has changed, but the preview does not show the change)

Operating System: Mac OS 11.4
    Illustrator Version: Beta - 25.5 360

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 26.0.0 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

12. Feedback on New Snap to Glyph(s) Functionality (Released)

New Glyph snapping feature is available in Beta now.

Snap to glyph(s) allows quick and precise alignment around contours of live text without the need of creating outlines or reference guides. You will see smart snapping guides for words and a line by default. You can also enable a single glyph mode by right-clicking on the targeted glyph.

We have tried to provide as many important smart guides as possible without cluttering the workspace. We would love to hear your candid feedback. Please provide your feedback on this thread. This will be actively monitored by the Illustrator team. If you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Gradient following the curve of a shape

Don't know if this is an original idea but - is it possible to make an feature to make a gradient follow a user-drawn guideline (like with text on line)..? I tried to illustrate it in the attached file - the first shape is the one that should be filled with gradient, the second one is what we can do now (or mesh but that's a bit complicated) and the third one shows the guideline in purple and arrows that the gradient would follow. So the lower left part of the shape would be let's say darkest, the gradient would…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Gradients  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please revise the new tool to simplify paths once again

Hello, the new tool to simplify the paths will be great for many people. But I draw my lines deliberately blurred. With the old tool I always set the value to 98% or 99%. But even if I set everything to maximum in the new tool, the paths will be really smooth. But I don't want it to be that smooth. Please rework the settings again. The paths should look blurred, but have as few anchor points as possible. With the old tool it always worked great. Many thanks

Gabi

46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

70 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Users,

We have taken the feedback provided and have released with improvements as a new update (24.0.2) to Illustrator. Please update to the new version and let us know your feedback on the current version that has been released.

We aim to do continuous improvements and your feedback helps us to get better. Keep sending them.

Thanks,
    Sanjit

15. Change "Export For Screens" Save Path Default To File Folder

If I go to File > Export > Export For Screens the default save path points to the last folder I used. What we as users are expecting is the default path to be equal to the same folder as the Illustrator file is currently located in.

If you feel this should not be the default at least give us a way to change this in the AI Preferences. Thanks!

126 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Smart guides to work with artboard

I suggest enabling smart guides when you work with artboards as well, feels like it should help with workflow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Snapping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show HEX value in swatch panel

I often need to copy HEX values from illustrator swatches into other applications. My workflow would be accelerated if there was a text field showing the HEX value like in the color picker window.

Right now I need to apply the swatch to an object and copy the HEX value from the color picker window.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Align to...BUTTON

In a past version of AI, the "align to artboard or selection" was a button rather than a menu. Please bring back the button! I switch between these two options hundreds of times a week and the menu wastes time that adds up.

Thanks so much always!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement quick filter in Layers panel

On large documents designers very often give names to objects in document structure for improve navigation in structure. But now there are no way to quickly find object by name in document, except custom scripts.

For solve this problem please implement quick filter input field in Layers panel interface, for quickly search objects by part of his name (like filter in Fonts list).

Even if designer don't add names, via this filter we will can quick find all curves, all rectangles, all circles, all curves, all guides, etc, so it will be very useful.

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

This functionality is available in our latest release build – 27.6.1. 

The new functionality allows searching layers by name using the searchbar in the layers panel. The users can also apply filters based on layer properties (locked, hidden etc) or objects properties (effects, text etc.). This will help to quickly find layers/objects for large documents (having multiple layers).

Read more about this - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/whats-new/2023-5.html#search-and-filter

Thank you for all the feedback.

20. basic grammar in alerts please.

"close anyways" ? “anyway” is an adverb and it is impossible for adverbs to be plural.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base