When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Export Artboards as PowerPoint or Keynote slides

I like using Illustrator to design complexe slides or icons, illustrations… for my slides and I’d like to export them by maintaining vector capabilities to have the ability in PowerPoint or Keynote to change their color and to scale them freely.

I know plug-ins or some export format will somehow works for some cases.
    But it will be so nice to have a straight forward export!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export file format order

Is there a way to change the order of formats in the dropdown? It would be great to have the default choice be the format I use 99% of the time?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Checkbox to saving process for different file formats

When we save for clients different file formats, it takes a lot of time to choose PNG and save, AI and save, EPS and save, PDF then save. Maybe a checkbox when we export what kind of file formats we want to export, and it also rewrites the earlier files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Filter "Recent Files" to include only AI documents

RECENT FILES SHOULD IDEALLY BE ONLY AI DOCUMENTS.

If I have exported say 10 jpgs in my previous session, on start-up my RECENT FILES is over-run with those JPG file names. They all have the same thumbnail too. That's outrageous!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for older versions of Illustrator

Support for older versions of Illustrator. I often need to open ancient files, and I have clients running Adobe CS and earlier.

This planned-obsolescence scheme is out of control.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  File Save, Import and Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Streamline the Fresco To Illustrator Export Process

Like many I use Illustrator for its Vector properties in order to animate within After Effects, with the agility to scale up assets infinitely when clients change their minds about shots & movements.

iPads Adobe Draw, meant my assets could become so much more detailed. Which was great! While the push to desktop feature was glitchy for me at best it still mostly resulted with having a neat AI file version of the Draw one. That I could Import into AE with ease. Update with ease. etc.

It's also useful that I can bring in AI assets to PS as…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Export Multiple Artboards in DXF format

I'd love to be able to export multiple artboards to DXF files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Remember User preference for Responsive SVG / SVGZ

We often need SVG and SVGZ that are NOT responsive to the web area (we need to control the viewable font size for psychometrics purposes).

Illustrator default switches to Responsive being checked after every Illustrator restart. It would be great if every time I restart Illustrator the check box for "Responsive" remembered that I want it UNchecked (our workaround is to create a new SVGZ file immediately after every restart and uncheck the Responsive box, and if we don't remember to do that task our work must be tediously re-exported).

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Export for Screens: Option to include file- and artboard-name automatically.

Ok the "Export for Screen" option is kind of nice, however it takes far too long to set everything up....

1. The areas to type in are far too small.

2. Automation is week
      a. where can define that all images will get the file name of the original .AI file.
      b. why does it keep the old folder location? Set an option to export is where the original
      .AI-file is located.
      c. Where are some presets? Wouldn't it be awesome to have some user-defined presets? It would be.

3. The images are to small

4. There are to many clicks, like when I…
    1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. fsType not honored when exporting as PDF

Hello,
    I've noticed the fsType value in the OS/2 table of OTF fonts is not honored by Indesign nor Illustrator.

I've set the value of fsType to 0x0102 and this should prevent subsetting and embedding.
    However, Illustrator exports to pdf, embedding . Worst, it gives no warning the embedding/subsetting isn't allowed for the current font.

for info, I had flushed any font cache to be sure the font files are the good ones and deleted them from my disk before reopening my pdf to be sure they're embedded.
    For info, these fonts are located in Library > Application support >…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export for screens - settings save into AI file

Please make Export for screens settings save together with AI file.. Separate settings for each file.. not just the last used.
    It's nice feature, but every time you change project or other clients work, you need to change location, select different artboards, change prefix back and forward..
    Please make those settings saved with file.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Export or save as SVG

Please improve dramatically the save as or export option to SVG file!
    As many people have already requested, please simplify the code.
    But my request deals with SVG export with indic languages: IT JUST SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK AT ALL, even if all corresponding options (Parameters / Text / Indic and Asian line by line composer) have been selected in Illustrator!!!
    I attach two screen shots: the first one is Illustrator screen, the second the SVG result. You will see that the devanagari text is completely different.
    For your information, I have already mentionned that problem on or two years…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Asset Export - Make Collection of File Settings

When using the Asset Export feature – it would be nice to have collections of different formats and sizing. For a number of projects there are repeatable file formats that are needed.

Allow the user to define these collections (not unlike creating and setting workspaces).

One might need a collection that has only SVG and PDF, another collection could only be PNG (1x, 2x and 4x). And yet another might need SVG, JPG and PNG, there are so many different ways to work and exports that people need.

It would be nice to repeat the Asset Export groupings as a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Export and Share Entire Adobe DRAW Projects as Illustrator Files (not just one drawing at a time).

We can share individual drawings from Adobe DRAW to Illustrator, but when you have an entire PROJECT of drawings, the share option is limited to very LOW-resolution images on a web link or sending them to Behance as a portfolio piece. Why on earth can't we just send an entire project to our computer for Illustrator. I could just save them in the Creative Cloud files in a folder called Adobe DRAW as individual illustrator files in a folder of the project's name.

I spent 2 hours last night just opening individual DRAW drawings, sending them to Illustrator and then…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Illustrator to Mobile

Mobile - We need a way to be able to open ai.files (or different formats from illustrator) and edit them in a mobile app.

e.g.: Right now I will need to change the background of a design everyday. In Illustrator it's easy, all I need to do is change background color export and voila.

However, if I can't find a solution to edit the background layer (or rectangle on top of it) on mobile. . . Adobe draw doesn't allow me to open ai.files or edit layer by layer. Can't really find a solution.

I'm surprised that with such an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to link "Data set name" upon CSV import for Variables panel

Currently when you "load variable Library" from a CSV illustrator defaults each Data Set with "Data Set 1, Data Set 2, Data Set 3, Data Set 4... ect."

Currently the only way I know to rename that data set is to manually rename each data set by selecting that data set from the drop down menu, and selecting "rename data set" from the options panel, and then either typing or copy and pasting some text in.

I use data sets for more batch like designing, it would be really nice if we could bind the data set name to a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Generate .ico file from Illustrator (AND Photoshop)

I just used https://icoconvert.com/ to convert a 32x32 PNG to ICO.

This is something that, in 2020, Illustrator -- AND Photoshop! -- ought to be able to do natively. I mean, if a WEBSITE can do it....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base