When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MAKE. THE. HANDLER. BIGGER

make that tiny little ANCHOR and HANDLER bigger. I'm tired of failing to click that tiny rectangle every single second. PLEASE. I BEG YOU

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please give the option to keep Libraries palette open when you close all of your documents. I often start work with an asset in my library.

Please give us the option to keep the libraries palette open when all documents are closed. I often start work with items in my library and it is annoying to have to reopen the palette when I close the project I just finished and am ready to start a new one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Bring back the History Panel

It would be really nice to have the history panel back. Having the history panel back would make it so you don't have to hit ctrl-z so many times.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Is it possible to get a preview screen of your document when you look at your recently opened documents

I always really like the previews when you open illustrator. Once you opened one document you can not look at the previews anymore, because you have to select a recently opened document via the file menu. This means you have to rely on your names, which can get confusing when you have multiple version of one document.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. you guys have so destroyed illustrator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys have so destroyed illustrator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recent file mouseover/rollover

Mouseover will reveal FULL filename. When working with multiple versions of a project with long filenames, they get cut off by the context menu; if you have V1 and V2 at the end of a filename, it can't be seen, and this makes it easy to open up the wrong file. A simple mouseover, both in the TOP MENU and the RECENT GALLERY (because even the thumbnails can look identical) will be useful for opening the correct file the first time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Disable Object Touch Manipulation

Illustrator needs an option to disable touch object manipulation. Currently, on a cintiq when I have a path selected and I attempt to pinch and zoom the path scales or if I touch an anchor point, the anchor point moves. This needs to be disabled. This feature alone is forcing me to work in photoshop. Illustrator is completely unusable on a cintiq with touch. Why would anyone who has a stylus want to use their fingers to crudely manipulate objects. Its frustrating that a professional cant use this product so that someone with an ipad can fingerpaint.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. please add object selection tool like photoshop

The features I am looking for
    subject tracing like Photoshop and masking like Photoshop and bring it to illustrator.
    add more brush tools like Photoshop
    add tools and layer finder like photoshop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. go back to the old zoom

The old zoom was faster and more efficient. Re-Centering with command + REALLY slows me down. And the Magnifying tool is not accurate. I need to zoom in on something very specific and the new style is just sloppy. It's zoom, re-position, zoom, re-position, etc. The old command + just zoomed at what you were currently looking at and the tool allowed a box to be made and a room that specific box. This feels like I am drawing with crayons after using a 0.5 pencil lead for years. This new style is a downgrade, sorry.

Looks like below someone…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unit Conversion

It would so sick if there was a shortcut command for unit conversion, ex mm to in, or pixel to inch

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I have hundreds of ideas, I have been working with Illustrator every day since version 1 but you never implement my ideas

I have hundreds of ideas, I have been working with Illustrator every day since version 1, like 10 hours on most days but you never implement my ideas.

Here are three more.

Include an option to render lines around the artboards or not, currently I have to go over my complete layout and trace every artboard becouse they don't render and leave my artwork borderless.

When I save for web but hit enter to soon a dialogue box opens up under the web preview and I am unable to close the window without force the program to restart.

Often when…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Collapse all open panels hotkey

Ai has a lot of panels — and it’s more panels every year.
    I have two systems now: one is extra huge, where I can set three expanded docks stacked in the right side and still feel like I have enough space for the actual art, and a smaller one (which is still bigger than my very first one I worked with Illustrator on) — there I keep all my panels collapsed in tight columns.

When 'auto-collapse' option is turned on, Ai pushes my previously 'open drawer' back, but only when I pull one from the same dock — and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Illustrator - Select more than one layer at once

I'm literally just going tot copy/paste a suggestion from ages ago that's been put on "backlog" because the last response from Adobe was from 2017 and it's 2020.

"Okay if you have more than one layer...let's say 50 and I need to select 20 of them. Why can't someone select them with a single click instead of selecting every single layer? With shift selected I can mark more than one but they aren't selected. Same thing for sublayers and so on."

To elaborate, we need a better way to Shift+select numerous target layers without having to select each one-by-one. Right…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add Preview tick to Average dialogue

Average, surprisingly, is still a concept not everyone can grasp.
    Please add this one to make new users’ life easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Previous/Next Artboard hotkeys should be able to keep zoom

Right now Ai also does 'Fit Artboard in Window' when any of artboard navigation hotkeys are used. I’d like also be able to keep zoom level when navigating artboards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Highlight to reveal objects that have rotation

Selection highlights used to be jagged or stepped in appearance if a slight angle was present in an object or text. Now it is impossible to see if an object or text is at zero degrees of rotation unless you examine the transform properties panel.

I'd like the ability to highlight any object that has rotation other than zero degrees to enable an accurate artwork environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove / filter PDFs files from recently saved files on Illustrator Home screen to just show AI files

Can we remove or filter out PDF files from the recent files available to open in Illustrator on the home screen. I regularly create PDFs for clients optimised not to open in illustrator and they then appear in the recent files that have been saved. It's very easy to accidentally then open up the PDF file in Illustrator instead of the native AI file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Simple navigation in the structure of objects.

Simple navigation in the structure of objects.

Finishing the code of this great idea would be an exit to a new quality of work and management of objects during creation.

1. Add a drop-down list to each column in this bar. For example, clicking on layers causes the layer tree to be highlighted in the document stack.

2. Editing obiketu / layer / group name from this level.

3. Layer menu in this bar.

4. Clicking on the first left arrow "Leaving group" simulation of the ESC key operation at this level of work with the object.

Best Regards!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Simulate color blindness for accessibility

It would be nice to be able to quickly check my work for accessibility. A button group/panel that lets me switch between protanopia, deuteranopia, tritanopia, and monochromacy would be really useful. Arguably, a monochromatic view is useful outside of accessibility, allowing one to check the tonal or value relationships in a design. This feature is not only applicable in Illustrator but across many of your products.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base