When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot relink the image

In the adobe illustrator app, I tried to relink the image but it didn't work, as shown in the videos I posted below. Can you solve this bug, please?

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Feedback on Enhaced Cloud Document Feature (in Beta now)

Now, embed Photoshop cloud documents into your cloud documents and files. You will be able to select your Photoshop cloud documents in a new cloud picker in the Place dialog.

Track the status of individual cloud documents, through the Cloud Sync icon in your CDO.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Guides with option to limit to single artboard

It would be great to have an option to limit guides pulled out from the ruler to be limited to the currently active artboard - rather than run across the whole canvas. This would avoid unwanted guides falling across every artboard in the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to create a new document

I want to create a new document and not one from a template. Please add "Create New Bank Document".

I use this for mobile games and don't think it's fair I have to revert back to Legacy to just create a quick ai file to edit and go.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring back "hide edges" for type within a paragraph

I used to be able to select a line of type, hide edges, and then view how various fonts looked (without seeing the type bar that show's it's selected). Not being able to do this has greatly slowed down my process. Please bring back "Hide Edges" for selected type within a paragraph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Separate rulers for art boards

Could we get individual rulers per art board. This would make it easier to see spacing and relationships on individual boards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New document preset details fields tab order

When creating a new document in both Illustrator and Photoshop the Preset Details tab order is frustrating. It would make more sense to enter a width in the field then hit tab to go to height field. Currently it tabs from width to units to height.
    I often enter a width hit tab and enter what I think is a height only to find it's sitting on the units dropdown.
    InDesign has this tab order correct and is much more sensible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Don't snap Smart Guides to off-Artboard objects in Trim View

Don't snap Smart Guides to off-Artboard objects in Trim View

It's not effective.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The ability to "Shift Select / Target" Layers

It would be really nice if you could shift select layers but not like highlight them but actually target them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Keep guides and elements in new document profile

I know we can create new document profiles with custom size and custom swatches and use the profiles to quickly create new new custom documents with repeating specs.

However either I am doing something wrong or I've missed something, but the guides don't get saved along the artboard size and swatches. Surely keeping the guides should be possible within the same technology? Would love to see this improvement.

I have searched everywhere for a solution to always having to open an illustrator template file as a workaround.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There's a weird bug that affects anchor points when aligning to an artboard.

There's a weird bug that affects anchor points when aligning to an artboard. It won't align in any way. PLEASE FIX

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to reset Canvas Size

After the new update (24.2.1) some plug-ins are getting confused by the scaled Canvas (acting as if the artwork is 10% of actual scale, while the rulers in Illustrator itself are showing correct values). So it would be nice to be able to reset the canvas size or even auto reset once the Artwork / Artboards drop back down below the canvas limit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Baseline Grid / Set Up Guides

The ability to set up grid systems for layouts like in InDesign. (Baseline Grid etc.)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Smart guides to work with artboard

I suggest enabling smart guides when you work with artboards as well, feels like it should help with workflow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. always auto alignment / scale to fit to artboard for dragging in assets

when drag in assets, able to pop up selection to tick, able to remember the settings and able to unable it at preference settings.

below is the option.

[ always auto align center artboard ]
    * able to select alignment point for example top left, bottom right etc

[ always scale to fit artboard ]

[ always scale to certain percentage ]

main purpose - to further shorten working time

Thanks. Adobe.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Delete artwork together with art board

There are times you want to delete artworks and the art boards as well. It would be lovely to do both in one command.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please allow to turn artboards

Allow to turn artboards just like vectorial shapes vertically or horizontally, no more having to enter the opposite measures on each size tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can we have master artboards for Illustrator, the way we do for In Design??

I do so much illustration on my projects that it's not practical to use In Design for layout, so I use Illustrator for everything and it's almost perfect. The one thing I find I'm consistently missing is the ability to assign templates to certain artboards (like a master artboard.) I can't use "paste to all artboards" for this, because often I am doing book format with A/B. Sometimes, I'm doing student/teacher guides where the looks need to be differentiated.

Can we get the ability to assign some artboards to another so that they can update dynamically if we change them…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to change the Canvas size after a new document is created

The new expanded canvas size is great, but I think there should be an option to change the canvas size from the standard one to the expanded one after a document is created instead of having to create a new document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base