When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In version 24.02 problems with the file information

Hello, in Illustrator version 24.02 I have problems with the file information. Now the title is not saved anymore, I always have to enter it afterwards via Bridge. Also the creation date is no longer saved in the EPS files. When I enter this via Bridge, I always get an error message: "There is a problem with the file. "

It would be great if you could change this.

Gabi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. New Document Modal displays nothing on first install

After first installing Ai 2020 and hitting Cmd+N to create a new document, the modal defaults to the recents tab which is not populated yet and therefore does not offer an option or button to create a new document. Once you go to a different tab and choose a preset it will display it in recents. But for the first time it should probably default to another tab or at least offer you a button to create a new document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. same artboard number within 1 file

Why the artboards are numbered like this when it was fine in older versions. I need to export them in correct order as they contain writing steps. Now I missed some steps of the writings, this is very essential and crucial. The problem occurs on the other file too, exact number skipped and missing as well. #13, #17 missing with #15, #18 being duplicated the same...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Lock the document if its oppened on PC (like in InDesign)

To avoid, that two people or more work on the same document at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make Y direction POSITIVE numbers above the Y "zero" point like in the rest of world.

Align Illustrator with the rest of the world by making the default Y direction positive numbers above the Y "zero" point - in my case zero is set to the very center of the Artboard.

And also make this a preference item across CC apps. I still don't see how it's an advantage in InDesign and Photoshop.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. artboards

Make artboards searchble in finder. If I would like to search for a specific Page/artboard.

Example:
    Search: Order3 = file: Order2019 will appear in finder as that artboard named Order_3 are located in that file.

File Name: Order2019
    Artboards:
    Order
    Order2
    Order
    Order4
    Order
    Order_6

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allowance to change the keyboard shortcuts for Previous Artboard and Next Artboard

I have all of my keyboard shortcuts set to the left side of the keyboard, since I draw right-handed and keep my left hand on that side of the keys. In my animation workflow, I like to scrub back and forth quickly between artboards, but I do not like the current LOCKED shortcuts for going back and forth through them:

Previous Artboard (Currently locked to Shift-PgUp)
    Next Artboard (Currently locked to Shift-PgDn)
    First Artboard (Currently locked to Ctrl-Shift-PgUp)
    Last Artboard (Currently locked to Ctrl-Shift-PgDn)

There is currently no listing for them in the keyboard shortcuts menu, so they cannot be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Document and Artboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Separate tab for customs presets in new blank document like "mobile", "web", "film&video" etc

Hello, Is it possible to create a separate tab for customs presets in new blank document like "mobile", "web", "film&video" etc and under that tab we can create multiple customs presets/template with respective settings.
    For example "create a social media tab" and under that tab there will be various customs presets new blank doc for "instagram", "Facebook", "Linkedin" etc etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Zoom in, out and pan when in dialog window

No matter what dialog window we are currently in, we should be able to zoom in and out and pan the artboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Carry decimals in the Artboard Size to ten thousandths

Carry decimals in the Artboard Size to ten thousandths so it matches the Transform palette. Right now you can only view the accurate Artboard size in the Document Info palette.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Increase Bleed Limit

FINALLY! Art board bleeds can be set for more than 1"!! BUT..... It's still not right. I just don't get how your developers/programers can be as incompetent as they are. Here's the new problem..
    When you are first setting up an art board under "new document" you can set the bleed limit to 24". But if you set the art board up without bleed and go through "Properties" to adjust... THE LIMIT IS STILL 1" INCH!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Scrolling through zoomed in Artwork while dragging an object

When I am zoomed in and drag an object - for example draw a rectangle or line that reaches the end of the window while dragging, the artboard scrolls but the image is not refreshed. Only the ruler shows me, that I am scrolling... Even when I stop dragging and release the mousebutton, the image is not fully refreshed. Otherwise: when I drag the Marquee-Tool to the end of the window, scrolling starts and the image gets constantly refreshed while dragging. This is the way I would normally expect it to be, regardless of the the Tool I am using.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Artboard Dimension Limitation

One of the biggest complaints we hear from our franchisees is the artboard limitation of 227.541". Why is that the limit? Corel doesn't have a limit. Why Adobe? and why such an obscure number? I realize there is a PDF limitation of 200" so that is another issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. When Draging a Item to New File, The preview of destination file is not showing up.

When Draging a Item to New File, The preview of destination file is not showing up. Only I can see the preview on current document

Illustrator Verison: 24.0
    Laptop: Lenovo T540P running Windows 10 18363.449

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Margin options like Indesign

Margins are such an important for of making posters and other graphic design related things, it would be great having this option in illustrator.

Happy that Indesign has this, but illustrator is often used for projects that have these very same needs, but I'm left with making the margins myself every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Actions Panel: Fit to Selected Art

Currently, I cannot record "Fit to Selected Art" in an action. Please make actionable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More special character

Like Indesign:
    - Page numbering (current, next, previous)

Extra:
    - Artboard name, size etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Why Print presets in points not mm?

Hello,

Every time i do new document from preset, i am thinking why is it in points not mm or inch. It is PRINT, not screen.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. enable ruler opacity. some times it get too hard to see through thin lines in my art work

opacity dont work on ruler so most of the times i dont get to see what behind the ruler.if you enable ruler to work with opacity then it will be much easier to see whats behind ruler line.thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base