1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

3 results found

1. Preview Checkbox defaults to On rather than Off

I'm not sure if there is a reason for this, but for the 12 years I've been using Illustrator, the effects checkbox always defaults to "Off" and every time I make an edit to an effect, I have to switch it to "On". It never remembers my setting and there is no way to make it default to On. Either would be acceptable.

Many thanks for everything.

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Everyone,

All the effect checkboxes have now been set to ON by default, and are sticky (meaning that if you disable preview, on next launch of Illustrator preview will remain disabled). This functionality now is available in our latest release build – 24.1.1 for Win and 24.1 for Mac which is available worldwide now.

What’s new in 24.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback.

2. Overhaul of Illustrator's 3D capabilities.

Illustrator's 3D effects are hugely outdated. Something that matches or even exceeds After Effects would be a would boost to the program.

Heck, even something that allows you to easily rotate and move the shapes around in 3D space like AE would be great. Illustrator's current 3D tool are clumsy and cumbersome.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. you should consider adding the "perspective" feature from the classic 3D options to the new realisrtic 3D! adds more depth especially if us

you should consider adding the "perspective" feature from the classic 3D options to the new realisrtic 3D!

adds more depth especially if used in typography.

The perspective in classic 3D unfortunately is not working well if the possition is FRONT because the render of the sides is incomplete!

Imagine if this feature was part of the new 3D!!!

PLEASE ADD THE PERSPECTIVE INTO THE NEW 3D

thanks guys

George

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)