Metadata enhancements for artboard to invidual file (save/export)
Wish - Metadata enhancements
1) Document level metadata to be exported and added when artboards are exported as individual files
2) Ability to add overrides at artboard level for metadata, which on export is carried forward into the individual files generated
I often create a series of images by using arboards, as they are related and worked on as a mini-project (e.g. series of icons, part of online learning story-boards, series of progressive diagrams etc.). I export these for use by individual staff, who use graphics in PowerPoint, Word, LMS, InDesign projects etc.
Note: InDesign docs are converted to PDF and posted online and images must contain metadata (WCAG 2.0 requirement), which is easiest sourced from XMP using an Object style applied to the graphics etc.
IOW: Metadata is always required to travel with all graphics so it's easily retrieved at any stage when an image is used. e.g. for copyright info, description (used for Alt-text), Title (used for Title/hover text), Credit Lines etc.
* I add metadata at document level (File > File Info) that would be 'global'.
* When I export artboards (Export > Export for Screens) to individual graphics: all the metadata is stripped and I have to manually add it again to each graphic.
That's OK if you export artboards only once... BUT when you go through a change process, I find myself repeatedly copying and pasting metadata from the host file (AI).
(1) Please add the metadata that's added at File level (File > File Info), to exported individual graphics (regardless of file format used for export)
(2) Additional feature request: The ability to override certain global metadata fields, e.g. I might export 6 maps of Australia, each with different state highlighted, I'd have certain global metadata fields (entered through File Info), but would want to edit some at artboard level to indicate WHICH state is highlighted.