How can we improve Illustrator? Vote for or share a new idea.

586 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.2
NOTE:
1. You will have to reset your toolbar once if it is already disturbed. refer to this knowledge base to see how you can reset – https://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1900963
2. What we have fixed is the tool bar is no longer editable as long as it is not in the toolbar edit mode

Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
Adobe. Make It an Experience.

685 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CS5 omachi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

激しく同意します。カスタマイズ中以外はロックしてください

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also happening to me and very annoying. My tools are moving around everywhere, everyday since 2019 Update. Randomly seemingly.

• Margaret Muns commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sure hope Adobe fixes this as it is SUPER annoying to have to reset the standard toolbar every time I use a tool. Icons seem to move on their own after they are selected, often winding up in strange places.

• Toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had to do a screen recording to figure out what was happening! It's way too easy to drag a tool into a new position. My solution is to use keyboard shortcuts more (probably not a bad thing anyway). But it needs a way to lock it.

• Paul Cronin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is absolutely a necessity. It's a new feature that has probably cost me 10 minutes of worktime searching for tools and resetting the toolbar in the last 3 hours. If all of us are having this issue, it's clearly not an issue of being clumsy.

This is absolutely a necessity. It's a new feature that has probably cost me 10 minutes of worktime searching for tools and resetting the toolbar in the last 3 hours. If all of us are having this issue, it's clearly not an issue of being clumsy.

This is absolutelty a necessity. It's a new feature that has probably cost me 10 minutes of worktime searching for tools and resetting the tollbar in the last 3 hours. If all of us are having this issue, it's clearly not an issue of being clumsy.

• Jono Sandilands commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm obviously quite clumsy selecting tools, as I manage to rearrange or remove a tool almost every-time I select a new one. Frustrating and time consuming to keep resetting!

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been the worst addition to ILL CC 2019. I'm thinking of going back a version because this is so frustrating.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! This new custom tool palette is a nightmare for workflow. Tools are constantly moving and disappearing into other tool folders. I absolutely hate it. I would love to set my palette the way I want and then have it lock in place.

• atinfo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Collapse "Toolbar" and save new workspace, restarting Ai, the "Toolbar" automatically expands! If detach "Toolbar" from left side it works! but when snap and attach "Toolbar" to left side and save workspace, after restart "Toolbar" expands automatically.
    [Win 10 RS3 x64, Adobe Illustrator CC 2019]

• Brandon Dail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having a lot of trouble with the new changeable toolbar. The tools are constantly moving around and I have to reset every few minutes. This can be quite frustrating when I'm using the program for hours everyday. A toolbar lock is highly recommended, and needed.

Feedback and Knowledge Base