1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

106 results found

1. Edit Library graphic in place

Graphics you add to your library can only be edited in a separate file window. I would like to be able to edit the library graphic in place.

This would save time when editing graphics to make them more universally useful for me.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There are a number of issues with Adobe Libraries - Recovery, Archive, Search

Library backups/Recovery - I have just had an issue of losing a library of over 200+ logos. Whether this was because of a glitch or human error isn’t clear. One thing that is clear is that there is currently no way of recovering libraries.

Archive old libraries - Also we have old libraries which we spent time creating for all of our clients. Half of these clients are no longer working with us, we need to keep their folders incase they re engage with us however they are cluttering up the menu.

Search function - The search function seems useless.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Creative Cloud Documents - File Management

I think one of the most important facilities for making good use of Cloud Docs will be document management. I have been extremely frustrated by the total lack of such features in the recent Document Open interface, which just lists some very small number of recent docs, without any consideration of folders, projects, clients, or other important organizational features. The OS provides us with hierarchical folders that can do a fairly good job of organizing the dozens (sometimes hundreds) of files on a project or for a client, but without some facilities for that purpose, I can see the proliferation…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CC Libraries: Add ability to drag new assets directly into a Library Group

Currently, any asset dragged to the libraries panel gets added to the Ungrouped section. Let's narrow the focus down and let us drop into any one of the displayed groups.

This would save immeasurable amounts of time having to hunt down and sort after the fact.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Linked assets swap feature

Being designing 748 cards for EDU purposes, I suggest a feature that will let us swap assets stored in the cloud libraries the way we do with symbols.

The reason :
    Linked assets between documents is a very handy feature
    But symbols cannot store linked assets .
    And symbols can be swapped in their own libraries which is also very handy, but these libraries are not linked between documents.
    As linked assets can store symbols, if we could swap linked assets containing symbols, it would be a big time saving.

Regards
    Rodolfo Santos.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Optimization of Vector Assets in CC Libraries

When you're dragging an Illustrator asset in a CC Library, the asset is placed in a default New Document Profile which come with Default document Libraries such as Swatches, Symbols, Graphic Styles and Brushes.

In my screenshot example the file size of simple shapes is 355 ko in place of 74 ko without these unused assets.

It will be great to base the CC Libraries Vector Assets creation on an "empty of default assets" Document Profiles (RVG, CMYK…).

Thanks for the great work the Team is doing!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Color labeling of library asset groups

I would like to see colored labeling of library asset groups just like having the ability to color label layers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Select CC Library color does not change the current Fill or Stroke color if no object selected

The stroke or fill color does not change when selecting a CC Library color while no object is selected. The workaround is to select an item, or draw and item and keep it selected, then change color in CC Library. The stroke or fill is updated.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add custom AI templates to the CC library

Add custom AI templates to the CC library. The functionality is already programed for Adobe Stock. Allow the user to add custom templates to their libraries. Enable the bulk import of .ait files.

I noticed on another thread requesting Cloud files to show in libraries menu. That or create another menu that is for the files similar to how the libraries function. Whatever is easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow CC Libraries to store point type text

If I drag point type into a CC library, it gets converted to area type with some seemingly arbitrary width.

In general, if I drag something into a CC library, I want to get out what I put in, not something else.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Unlink assets from Creative Libraries

After I drop an asset from the library in a document, I want to be able to unlink it, and remove dependencies to an external library.
    In my case, I'm using library to build products that I'm selling, so when I export the products for sale, I need to remove the dependencies to these libraries.

Any designer who sell his products, or share with people external to a team, would have the same need.

We need to keep the flexibility of using a library (to update changes through multiple documents), but we need to make these documents self sufficient.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As stated in the comments, one can place a library item as an unlinked copy with Opt/Alt+dragging on canvas. To embed linked copies, a user can press the Embed button in Control / Properties panels, or choose Embed Image(s) command from the Links panel's flyout menu.

12. Support for Layers in CC Libraries

Dragging a graphic into Libraries and then using it in After effects is great BUT if when you dragged it into AE the named layers remained in tact it would be very useful.

Also nested Illustrator files (in an illustrator document) could open up in after effects as comps that you drill into to access layers. It would save a lot of set up time. Thanks :-)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share for Review Proof Approval

Adding functionality for "Proof Approval" would be huge! And would allow the process to remain within Adobe as opposed to having to go outside Adobe products. Turning on this functionality when needed, allowing for proof to be sent that can be officially approved within AI that:

a. Doesn't allow the user the ability to download the PDF and steal the artwork.

b. Sends confirmation that the Proof was Approved or Not Approved with feedback. This can help streamline the approval process ensuring everyone is aware when a proof is sent, and status changes (Pending, Approved, Not Approved, etc.).

c. Saves…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shorcut to add a grouped item to your CC Library

Easier way to add things to my CC library without manually dragging things into the library folder

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. CC Libraries on Illustrator Paste in Place in artboard

Could we get an option to save an artboard together with the group of items selected when we save to Libraries?

I mean instead of modifying the artboard size to fit all elements, libraries would save the size of the original artboard and all the items in it, including the items that bleed outside (as bleed marks).

2 - Would also be super useful to get an option to "paste in place" when pasting an item from the library into an artboard if the target artboard is the same size as the original artboard.

I will try to explain my…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Keep the organizational structure of Libraries the same between Adobe apps

I have put a lot of work organizing my libraries in Photoshop it would be nice if that organization structure would translate across all Adobe apps with libraries. Not have to organize my assets again in every program.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. What if CC library + user defined symbols were integrated & function like Figma Components Libraries

I wish CC library + user defined symbols were integrated and mirror Figma Components Libraries, with the ability to sync assets across users/documents.
    Figma also gives their components (tied to library) their own unique look so users can clearly see this item is tied to the library, without having to open/edit the asset.
    Would be great to also have version control/approvals tied to the assets.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share for Review link name

I can see that name of my link, when preparing to share to client, but then I copy the link, ant it's name is really not with that name, that my document is, or I written in link name field. The link appears ugly and long.

It would be better to send the link to client with short name, that don't look like unsecured link

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Unnecessary rectangles upon embedding from the Library

After embedding an object from the library, it appears a transparent outline around the object itself. This creates issues while exporting in DWG for instance, but also in the drawing modification in Illustrator, as we have to remove manually this outline object by object

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto Leading is changed to 0,1 pt when saving a paragraph style to a CC library

1. Set up the style
    2. Save it to the library
    3. Apply the style in a different file
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)