When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shortcut button for stroke width.

Why has there never been a shortcut for stroke width? For illustrators, this is a command done so often, that's it's a bit of a burden not having this as an option.

And I mean for strokes that are selected, after being drawn out already, not for the brush itself.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add an Illustrator shortcut to change the angle of the calligraphy brushes and make calligraphy bruches available in touch workspace

Add an Illustrator shortcut to change the angle of the calligraphy brushes
    and make calligraphy bruches available in touch workspace

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Melhoramento na ferramenta Seleção Direta para demarcadores, segmentos e pontos de ancoragem

Gostaria de solicitar algumas ideias para deixar mais dinâmico os trabalhos de tratamento vetorial. A ideia seria juntar algumas ferramentas em apenas uma, ou simplesmente atribuir mais funções na ferramenta de "Seleção Direta" (principalmente)

• Utilizar na ferramenta de "Seleção Direta" um Duplo Click para transformar o segmento de um demarcador selecionado em uma reta e, novamente com um duplo click e mantendo segurado, arrastaria para transformar o segmento em uma curva novamente.

• Com uma tecla de comando precionada, ela poderia adicionar ou excluir pontos de ancoragem, isso deixaria o trabalho mais rápido, mesmo utilizando as teclas de atalho…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Adaptive Shapes

Adaptive shapes would be shapes that can change size according to the amount of text inside of them.

It makes having a highlighted text effect a lot easier. A rectangle with text inside it can stretch as you add more words.

Maybe a bit harder but it’d be cool if it can be applied to more complex shapes like a speech bubble shape, while retaining the ability to customize the notch and corner radius.

Doing any of this precisely and manually is not easy

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Define the Start and Stop of a Variable Width Profile on a closed path

When using a Variable Width Profile on a closed path the starting and end points are arbitrarily chosen. It would be nice to have an additional option to move the starting point around a path and not necessarily on a anchor point, instead of being forced to cut the path to reset the start.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. align two points

The "Align" tool works on lines with 3 or more points. Sometimes, when working with two-point line segments, the end-points get vertically or horizontally out of line. Can you make the "Align" tool work on two-point lines, as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to toggle the pen tool to connect with other path lines or not

More times than not, I am drawing with the pen tool with no intention of connecting my new path to any existing paths. If there were an option with the pen tool that allowed it to connect to other shapes or ignore them I would not accidentally keep connecting my new shapes to other paths when I am simply trying to create a new shape.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Problem with tracing feature

Hi.
    I have a problem with tracing feature. Never have I been able to use this feature, not once. Each time the error message appears: "Can not be fully executed because an unknown problem has occurred (CANT)".
    Why is that?
    Can someone help me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Shift key to draw lines by understanding the direction I want it to go

I have used AI for 20+ years and a lot of little things could use improving.

One of them is the shift-line coding that makes a straight line when you hold the shift key down. More times than not, the line is drawn in a direction I did not intend and I have to keep redoing. I am assuming that the software registers the first micro millimeters of a direction I am going in instead of understanding that 99.9999% of the momentum of my cursor is in a DIFFERENT direction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Select same stroke appearance (Weight, Color and Brush type)

I am missing the option to select objects that have the same stroke weight, color and brush type. In a way I would like to have an extra option like "Select same stroke appearance" taking into account color, weight and type of brush.

Currently I only have the option to select same stroke color or stroke weight which is not specific enough for my current working method.

I can not use "Select same appearance" since the fill of these objects are different from each other.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Perspective tool should work on ANYTHING.

You should be able to use the Perspective tool on ANYTHING. Many other packages allows you to put a perspective on editable text!! The same goes for Bitmap Images.... You should be able to but a box around ANYTHING and use the perspective tool on it. Why-O-Why do we have to convert text to curves to be able to put perspective on it??? Once it has perspective you Should be able to edit the text and keep the perspective on it!!!!

Illustrator is Still Way Behind Other Similar Packages...

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Image Trace options

I’ve been an Adobe user for over 20 years. I used to love using Streamline to convert raster to vector and then make adjustments to the levels before going to the direct select tool for further adjustments. I suggest adding in the adjustment/level options to Image Trace as Streamline used to have rather than just default vectorizing of images. Please do this. I’ve been meaning to suggest this for years. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to move Pattern inside Object - holding tilde key does not work, and numeric position is not interactive

Ability to move Pattern inside Object - holding tilde key does not work, and numeric position is not interactive

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Raster images should always honor the layer order and transparency values when scaling/moving/rotating

When moving/rotating/scaling Raster images should always honor the layer order and transparency values.

With "show images in outline mode" selected, I often drop in low res raster images on the bottom layer and outline them with the pen tool in higher level layers.. problem is the way illustrator handles raster images. If i draw a line on top of a raster image, then attempt to scale that raster image, my line is temporarily hidden while scaling, moving or rotating the raster image, making it nearly impossible to re-align my raster image to match newly drawn vector lines. Also, raster images…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lasso select tool selection lines should be always be visible, even when selecting over black fills.

I often use the lasso select tool and often i am selecting over top of objects that are black filled, and the lasso line is invisible over these black objects.

Conversely, in photoshop, the lasso line is drawn so it always contrasts the colors behind it, so no matter what colors we are selecting over top of, the lasso line is still visible.

Illustrator desperately needs to replicate this functionality from photoshop

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Change the opacity of a layer or directly in the tool

Hello, it would be nice if you could change the opacity of a layer without a mask. I like to draw the shadows with the Blob Tool and have to reduce the opacity of each path after each step. It would be easier if each path automatically had a previously set opacity. Alternatively, you could make this setting in the options of the tool itself. Thank you
    Gabi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Parametric Halftone

Parametric feature where you can specify geometric shape sizes with no irregularities from smallest to largest— Right now, we use Rhino to abstract a photograph into this style, layer the results into Illustrator, and then prepare the artwork for routing, laser cutting, or print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Group Selection Tool / Lasso Tool Hybrid

I'm not sure under which tool this should exist but I need an option to help make whole selections. The (incorrectly named) Group (path!) selection tool enables you to select continuous paths but it's method for drawing is limited to rectangles. The Lasso tool on the other hand enables me to select in a freeform fashion but doesn't select the whole path, only anchors beneath the drawn out shape.

I'd like an option within the Lasso tool (when you double-click) which sets the selection behaviour like that of the Group Selection Tool, between path selection and anchor selection mode.

Oh…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adobe Draw Mode in Adobe Illustrator

1. Description
      Insert "Adobe Draw Mode" into Adobe Illustrator.
      Bring into the Illustrator the same results and functions that the application of the Ipad has, such as presets of pressures and brushes that most of the time the result is ideal.

2. Why is this valuable to you?
      Because this will make vector illustrations with rewarding and much faster results.
      To solve problems of paths with thicknesses and pressures as we need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Drag and snap by specific point

Sometimes I want to drag a specific point of a path and move it to another specific part of another path but Illustrator makes it difficult to do it precisely. I wish it was easier to do that without having to create more anchor points.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base