When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

512 results found

1. Introduce real crosshatch option so we can create vector crosshatching fills

Introduce a crosshatch option palette so we can create vector crosshatching fills. Do not put it in your terrible pattern fill mess that you have created.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Enhance Miter limits on type inner strokes

There are a few mentions of "miter" you might get interested in.

One that I regularly had to deal with was Miter Limit for typefaces (as applied in appearance panel).

Could there be a way to have a miter limit applied only to the outside paths of the letter and not to the counterparts ? (like the holes in e, a, o…)

The second page of this thread shows nice ways to play with that too:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/ai-2020-stroke-path-won-t-do-anything/m-p/10802353#M158393

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Split into grid tool demands upgrade.

When multiple shapes are selected and use the split into grid tool, instead of split each individual shapes it creats a big box to contain all the shapes and split the big box instead. Who would want that? If I select multiple shape obviously I want to split them individually. If I want to split a big box I'll take a second to create a big box first instead of ruining my delicate little shapes.

Also, it'd be appreciated if it can split more than just squares. Look at your mesh tool, you obviously know how to split different shapes,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Radial Array Feature (akin to AutoCAD)

I know there's a workaround whereby one can accomplish this, or nearly so, with the rotate/copy function; however, the implementation is somewhat inelegant, especially for new users who might not be aware of the 360/x syntax. It has been a number of years since I have used CAD, but I recall the Polar Array command being much more full-featured and am struck that AI still doesn't have a better way to do this. In point of fact, a liner array wouldn't be a bad addition, either, and would save the headache of trying to do it with patterns or aligns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Gradient Eye Dropper click and drag to analyze the colors under the length of a vector

if i drag my cursor across an image the illustrator program should be able to make an assessment of the various properties of color under the path that was drawn.

this could easily be turned into a pallet with relational distance parameters and a cool gradient tool with a number of samples resolution feature to adjust the density of changes across the gradient would be very welcome in our illustrator tool set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. An option so anchor points within a user specified proximity of the selected anchor point will move relative to it.

So many times have I found a need for an option like this. An option where you would be able to move an anchor point, and the surrounding points would move relative to it.

Some complex vector images with lots of anchor points can be hard to reshape, whereas, instead of moving every single anchor point to expand a section or redoing it, you would select a single point, and the surrounding points would move relative to it's position.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Melhoramento na ferramenta Seleção Direta para demarcadores, segmentos e pontos de ancoragem

Gostaria de solicitar algumas ideias para deixar mais dinâmico os trabalhos de tratamento vetorial. A ideia seria juntar algumas ferramentas em apenas uma, ou simplesmente atribuir mais funções na ferramenta de "Seleção Direta" (principalmente)

• Utilizar na ferramenta de "Seleção Direta" um Duplo Click para transformar o segmento de um demarcador selecionado em uma reta e, novamente com um duplo click e mantendo segurado, arrastaria para transformar o segmento em uma curva novamente.

• Com uma tecla de comando precionada, ela poderia adicionar ou excluir pontos de ancoragem, isso deixaria o trabalho mais rápido, mesmo utilizando as teclas de atalho…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adaptive Shapes

Adaptive shapes would be shapes that can change size according to the amount of text inside of them.

It makes having a highlighted text effect a lot easier. A rectangle with text inside it can stretch as you add more words.

Maybe a bit harder but it’d be cool if it can be applied to more complex shapes like a speech bubble shape, while retaining the ability to customize the notch and corner radius.

Doing any of this precisely and manually is not easy

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Perspective tool should work on ANYTHING.

You should be able to use the Perspective tool on ANYTHING. Many other packages allows you to put a perspective on editable text!! The same goes for Bitmap Images.... You should be able to but a box around ANYTHING and use the perspective tool on it. Why-O-Why do we have to convert text to curves to be able to put perspective on it??? Once it has perspective you Should be able to edit the text and keep the perspective on it!!!!

Illustrator is Still Way Behind Other Similar Packages...

Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Thumbnail preview required when selecting an object from multiple objects overlapping each other in illustrator

I am having a trouble when selecting an object from multiple objects. I think, there should have some thumbnail and object preview option when we right the objects and try to select any object. I attached the image see the red arrow mentioned text.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Eyedropper tool to copy/apply different things

Guys, the Eyedropper is an incredibly important tool, whether or not it's "****" by virtue of its age. You haven't updated it in, what, decades? Among the things that it is incapable of copying are:

• multiple strokes
    • stroke profiles
    • transparency
    • blend modes
    • graphic styles

Those are extremely common usages/needs. And that's off the top of my head, I'm sure there are many more. Obviously there's no reason this tool shouldn't be able to copy these things! Almost every aesthetic effect that gets added to AI should be reflected in that tool's pickup abilities. Please make this happen already.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The Eyedropper tool can work in two modes: basic and extended: basic picks/applies only colors and text. extended allows you operate chosen appearance attributes.

If you open the tool’s options (by doube-clicking the tool button or hitting Enter while it’s picked), you’ll see that you can check/uncheck two top ‘Appearance’ options and customize attributes to be processed.

This is not intuitive, but very powerful once you get the concept.

12. Drag and snap by specific point

Sometimes I want to drag a specific point of a path and move it to another specific part of another path but Illustrator makes it difficult to do it precisely. I wish it was easier to do that without having to create more anchor points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Blob brush ability to do smaller size and make it more interactive.

I often need a blob that is smaller than 1 point. The ability to go smaller would be wonderful!

I use it a lot to "paint" wispy caligraphic lines.

I often use the bursh with equal width and height because any other setting slows me down as I change the angle I "paint in". If there was a way to interact without going back to the dialogue box it would be more efficient. It is slow and "clunky" otherwise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A polygon option for a Pen Tool

Recently I've noticed that I'm missing one option – switching off the Bezier anchors by the pen tool. I would like to draw a continuously (joined) straight line, without accidentally changing it into a bezier curve. While drawing fast with a Wacom pen or with a mouse, it's easy to move the cursor before jumping to the next place and thereby, by accident pull the Bezier handle and proceeding a curve. I use Affinity Designer on iPad and there exists an option for the pen tool – a polygon. I'm looking for something similar that in Illustrator.

I woud be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Join end point to path

I am a student at university, and I need to be able to join end points to paths without having the enter the live paint. This would give higher editing capability, and allows me to keep the stylized stroke options like calligraphy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tools  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. More usefull stroke gap. (Более удобный разрыв контура)

Описание в видео, спасибо за возможность вносить изменения в любимый продукт!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. view Anchor Points

View Anchor Points selection under the view tab. I'd like to see Anchor Points anytime I click on an object if I have this view selected, not just a barely there blue line that is hard to tell what is clicked as it currently is when you select Show Edges under the view tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Convert Selection to shape

Would love to have Magic Wand like photoshop for photos and then be able convert that selection marquee to a vector shape.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Top Requests

Star tool, Arc Tool, should have properties to change after drawing like the rectangle tool and the Polygon tool.

Drawing tool ae so important ot Illustrator - all of them need to have properties.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. NEW PERSPECTIVE TOOL

Make perspective tool with curves like cylinder so that designers can easily drag drop their design to bend them easily . Sorry if Iam wrong.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sabarirajan, please elaborate on this.

Can you draw a mockup? Even a crude one can help to understand the exact idea you have.

Recent versions of Illustrator have new 3D and Materials tools, which allow to create bent cylinders and other shapes. Please comment back.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base