When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Apply transformation to key object

This would be handy when dealing with cut lines and bleeds. Solution to this for now is using cut lines as clipping mask and then resize & release.

Resize everything selected with key object transformation would be much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Illustrator or Photoshop for digital drawing??

I am a digital artist. I didn't see a thread about difference between this two software , and it seemed like no one has given their impressions on this oftware so I wanted to put together something quick to kickstart a discussion or something.

Illustrator is a vector based application and Photoshop is an image editor. That means Photoshop works with pixels and Illustrator does not. Illustrator drawings can be scaled and printed at any size without loss of image quality. The lines are very clean and sharp, which is great for logo design and illustration. Photoshop drawings can be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Blend shapes or lines along a curved path, like a "spline".

Type can be arranged along a custom curved path. Why not blends? As it is now, if I want to arrange repeating vertical lines along a curved horizontal path, I have to: create the blend in a straight line, then: line by line, go along the blend cutting off bits to match the curved horizontal baseline. I can make it look decent, but it takes quite a while.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make (Anchor Points) Pixel Perfect

I appreciate the Make Pixel Perfect command... when it works. It does what one would expect when applied to a simple ellipse, rectangle, or etc, but for many complex shapes it simply fails with "Selected art cannot be made pixel perfect."

When I attempt Make Pixel Perfect on a more complex shape, I'm looking for one of two things:

• I want to round the x, y, width and height of the whole path to the nearest whole-pixel values, or

• I want to round the x and y of every anchor point along the path to the nearest whole-pixel values.

As…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. change stroke color of custom brush

I've downloaded a few custom brushes & their colors don't change. They're black, that's it, no matter what stroke color I choose in the palette. I don't like having to expand their appearance just to change their color. In a few projects that I'm working on, I want to be able to try a few different brushes in the color that I like (and be able to change that color, too) + at any point that I wish to change that brush again in the future & maintain that color. You get it. Hoping this is a simple thing the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change default point type (corner or smooth) when using Join tool

When joining two open paths using the Join tool, the point created at their intersection will always be smooth, even if the two paths previously ended in corners (such as in the diagram). I would like to please request that the Join tool give the user the option to choose what kind of point (corner or smooth) it will create.

In the same vein, may I request that an option to remove previous points be added? (indicated by red arrows on diagram attached)

Finally, when trying to convert that new point to a corner, one must first explicitly change it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the brush and pencil tools respond to color changes. Place a color selection box in Paintbrush Tool Options

I cannot change colors on Brush and Pencil tools. I researched many Q & A threads and none of the answers solved the problem. Fill new brush strokes does not work for the brush or pencil tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. A "draw on vertex" option - for drawing two or more objects that share part of their outline

A "draw on vertex" option - for drawing two or more objects that share part of their outline. Hard to have two objects that butt up together and draw on exact same path.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. RETURN TO PREVIOUS VERSION EXPAND STROKE

PLEASE!!!! Return to the previous version of expand stroke. Where it KEEPS the stroke over lapping and doesn't turn it into a compound shape. SO frustrating that that is no longer available or an option. I might expand the stroke, but still want to make adjustments after(like make wider/narrower in parts), which was SO EASY previously. Now I just want to smash the computer. Eh. There are a lot of other changes I hate. But probably this is the biggest. Don't know why you would change things that have been pretty much the same for 20+ years.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Drawing Tools  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. center of circle not showing even when I change selection color in layer panel

Windows 10 PC, Illustrator CC:
    I'm trying to connect lines to the centers of circles, since this program has a problem snapping to center points of circles, I need to highlight a circle and hold ctrl to get the center of the circle to show up. Many times I try this there is simply no center point showing which doesn't make any sense. Please have all circles center points appear once you are dragging inside the circle in the work area. It would be nice if they snapped to the center as well.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Global "Scale Strokes" Setting Affected by Scale Tool

When I check or uncheck the "scale strokes" option in the scale tool, this affects the global stroke-scaling setting. This isn't expected, nor desired.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Display Tablet : Wacom CINTIQ 22HD VS XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro REVIEW

Hello everyone,I'm an Illustrator user,Iusually use the Adobe Illustrator. Evernote. Dropbox software and tasks. Mostly Illustrator on my display drawing tablet.

CINTIQ 22HD

I know there are a lot of people who are looking for cintiq alternatives as Wacom's tablets are expensive. I had been wanting a cintiq for years but never really thought they were worth all that money. However, after I had a chance of using Cintiq 22HD for a few days, I came to realize that drawing on a display tablet is far quicker and more enjoyable than doing it on non-display tablets.
    SO, NOW I WANTED…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. adjust CUSTOM brush STROKE SIZE with bracket keys realtime

use bracket keys to adjust stroke size of custom brushes for faster editing workflow

(you can do it to calligraphic brushes now but not custom brushes, super annoying since 80% of my character art is with custom brushes).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stencils: Pencil or Brush Draw Inside/Outside Any Guide or Path

I'd really like to see an implementation for stencils and drawing along rulers, guides and inside/outside any path.

See this implementation of Escape Motions app Rebelle 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzFyk4r47EY

https://www.escapemotions.com/products/rebelle/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Curvature tool continuation tolerance

I work quite zoomed in, and when drawing close to an existing path with the curvature tool, it often picks up the end of the existing path and continues drawing from it. I'd love to be able to select the tolerance for this behaviour, so I can be more precise.

Currently I have to draw my intended path somewhere else, and move it to its intended location, or switch to the pen tool, which it more accurate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. arcs and 'pie' shapes created from the centre point and specifying the start and end angles that remain 'live'after creation

Same as Coreldraw!... been using Illustrator for 15 years had to revert to Corel for this feature

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. improve eraser tool

Is it possible to improve the eraser tool? t would be useful to have the same improvements than in the photoshop one, , follow a path, or make a straight line from point to point

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blend objects aligned to path and keep bounding boxes at ends straight so they don't distort

Blend objects aligned to path and keep bounding boxes at ends straight so they don't distort. Have to make many long paths of wire shapes and to keep them aligned on the path the first and last keep distorting so I can't edit or reuse for a slightly different curve.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. indesign dropper

the illustrator and indesign dropper work differently, one the opposite of the other.
    I think that indesign is more functional, especially for copying text styles and applying them to multiple words ... If possible, adjust the dropper function that works like in indesign.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't

I'm trying to change my paintbrush to pressure sensitive option from the drop down list box, the 'pressure ' option is greyed out and can't be selected. 'Fixed' and 'random' are the only ones that aren't greyed out.

I HAVE A MAC HOW DO YOU FIX THIS?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base