2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

494 results found

1. Improved Layout of Illustrator Options

Illustrator 2023 (v27)

This is a proposal to improve the layout of the Illustrator option.

Illustrator format files contain two different types of data: PGF and PDF data. Currently, Illustrator options have three settings: PGF only, PDF only, and common settings for both PGF and PDF. However, these settings are currently mixed together in the window, making it difficult for users to understand which setting they are operating on.

To make Illustrator options more easily understandable, we propose organizing the layout and clearly distinguishing each setting. By grouping the setting items and labeling each group clearly, users will be able…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to link "Data set name" upon CSV import for Variables panel

Currently when you "load variable Library" from a CSV illustrator defaults each Data Set with "Data Set 1, Data Set 2, Data Set 3, Data Set 4... ect."

Currently the only way I know to rename that data set is to manually rename each data set by selecting that data set from the drop down menu, and selecting "rename data set" from the options panel, and then either typing or copy and pasting some text in.

I use data sets for more batch like designing, it would be really nice if we could bind the data set name to a…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow drag and drop of an image from the web and retain transparency

As a web developer I often want to get web images into my documents. When I drag and drop from a browser on Windows, the URL is imported as text which is useless.

Copy & paste works but PNG transparency comes in with a black background which is usually not workable wither.

The workaround is to copy the URL and use File > Place and paste the URL in to the address bar. Windows then downloads the image and places it in the document but this process takes 30 seconds which is a big interruption to a workflow.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Batching actions can't access files through Windows file shortcuts

If user has a folder with shortcuts to files in different folders and try to batch this folder, AI can't see files. It would be great if it could.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Import later versions of dwg

I would love to see an update so that you can import later versions of dwg files than AutoCad 2007. Most of our clients are working in later versions so it has become a big problem for us not being able to import these files into Illustrator.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export for screens should exclude template layers

When exporting for screens, any layers which are set as template or non-printing should be excluded from the output without having to first turn off that layer.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Converting variable fonts and color fonts when saving

Periodic saving is a natural part of design work. Now when I periodically save I get to watch the 'wait bar' slowly slide by while it converts variable fonts and color fonts to objects. I DON'T even have any of those on my computer.

1. Illustrator 22.0.1
    2. See above
    3. Shouldn't have to wait to convert something that doesn't need converting.
    4. See above.
    5. I don't have a file to upload. It happens on all files.
    17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am happy to share that we have fixed this bug in our latest release – 27.3.1 which is available worldwide now.

Going forward, our goal is to fix as many top User-Voice bugs as possible and as frequently as possible. Given the nature of the fixes, some of the bugs will take a longer time to fix, but we are on it.

You can update to the latest release using Creative Cloud desktop App: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Thank you for all the feedback. Keep it coming!

Ankit Goyal

Illustrator Team

8. Open a PDF with option to outline text

Sometimes if you don't have a font, a pdf opened in Illustrator will result in boxes with "x"s in them in place of all the fonts. I know how to go into Adobe Acrobat and fix this. But.... Would be nice if Illustrator had a dialogue box when opening a PDF that gave the option to outline all text open opening.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Disable "save as PDF compatible" as default when saving .AI files

I do a lot of large signage projects with a lot of imported large PSD files. For years I have pulled my hair out waiting for these files to save, even though the images were linked and not embedded. I finally discovered that if I turn off save as PDF compatible when I save the AI file, it saves a lot quicker! Please turn off the save as PDF compatible default when saving. AI files that are large.

Also when turning off PDF compatibility in an AI file, it would be nice to still have a finder preview.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Remember save locations and export naming conventions on a per-file basis.

Currently, Illustrator does not remember where you saved your files last and always defaults to the folder that your source file is in. I would prefer if it were to remember export locations on a per-file basis.

Similarly, with Export for Screens, the prefix and suffix options should be part of the individual file's metadata, not set globally.

v 22.1, MacOS

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. File > Rename command

If you saved your file with a typo and want to fix it or to change name in general, you have to save, close, go to the file manager, find the file, rename (and hope Ai has not it locked), open it back (and then have an invalid item in File > Recent).

It would be so much easier to have a dedicated command for it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Update Asset in Asset Export Panel

It would be really nice to be able to update an asset in the Asset Export panel with the current selection. Why? Here's my example…

I have 6 assets in my file, each with different names, each containing different objects, but each sharing a logo.

Client says to change the logo. Now I need to remake all 6 assets instead of being able to paste in the new logo and updating the assets.

Suggestion: In the Asset Export panel, with an asset selected, allow the user to update the selected asset with the selected objects.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow to set custom default Transparency Flattener Options settings when saving EPS

There is no way to tweak said default settings.
    Even you create custom document profile from document with tweaked settings, it still come up as default-default when you try to save project, created from this profile.

More on this here, for example:
    https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2456425

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Remember the 'Use Artboard' checkbox when exporting

When I export (SVGs and other formats) I have to check "Use artboard" every time... why not just remember this setting has been checked or uncheck from before

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remember scaling per file in Save for web

I design for printing and use 'Save for web and devices' to have crisp images.
    E.g. I can have document 300x900mm, and then I export it as 600x1800px and have my snapped sharp lines to stay sharp.
    But 'SfWaD' always immediately renders image at '100%' (which is not 100% at all at Windows — it's an another problem to be discussed), and I get 850x2551.
    When my dimensions are bigger, AI sometimes can't even render an image and I get error message and pink fill in preview area.
    I try to draw ten times smaller whenever is possible to avoid…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Export for Screens without bleed option

Export screens without the bleed

I really like the feature called Export screens, but I do not really use it for print jobs, cause I can't export any picture format file without the bleed section of the document, which I use to show the client the stages of the job. Still, I could do the same with Save for web function, but it would be very very useful to export multiple artboards at the same time without the bleed.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

17. export for screens, select: none

When I 'Export for Screens' and have loads of artboards I can select 'All' as a checkbox.
    It would be good to be able to select none - instead of clicking the dozen or more select boxes to un-select artboards.
    This would save heaps of time - its annoying not to have it.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keyboard shortcut for Relink (Link palette)

One of the features I use very heavily is the Relink button in the Link palette. It has major advantages over the Place function:

1) it automatically replaces selected linked images (Place requires you to check the Replace checkbox, which becomes unchecked once you do any other Place that isn't a replace)

But most importantly,
    2) It allows you to relink multiple linked images (replacing them in order from topmost to bottommost).

Since there is literally no other way to replace multiple linked images in a single action (Place grays out the Replace checkbox if you have more than one…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto save!!!!

I'm tired of loosing hours of work because my work is not automatically saved as it is in all other tools I use..

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add DXF/DWG Export To Increased Canvas Size In Illustrator 24.2 (and later)

Would it be possible to add DXF/DWG as an export option for the new expanded max canvas size (Illustrator, 24.2 and forward). The increased canvas size is wonderful, however as someone who will move to-scale sketches from Illustrator into a 3D modeling program, not having DXF/DWG exports at the new max size makes the use of the new canvas size somewhat limited.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base