1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

494 results found

1. Set default artboard name as file name

Is it possible to have a setting in preferences to set the default artboard name as the file name?

Generally I name all my artboards the "file nameCMYK" or "FilenamePantone" for exporting later and it's just a tedious extra step to have to go in and name EVERY artboard what I've already named the file instead of just tacking on a delineation.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Export EPS with latex

The open source Inkscape has the feature where you could edit any text as latex in the EPS-file after exporting it. This makes all scientists and other users of latex mega-happy. This is the easiest way to format the text to fit the latex document, and to add nice math writings to the figure in the blink of an eye, instead of the tedious work of writing the correct font and special math symbols in Illustrator.

Could Ai please add the feature of generating something similar to what is documented here: http://tug.ctan.org/info/svg-inkscape/InkscapePDFLaTeX.pdf ?

I believe this is easy and quickly…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Export BMP on various artboards

When will it be possible to export more than one image of the same artwork on different artboards in the .bmp?
    The 'Use artboards' option is disabled for this format.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add 'Relink image' in the right click (contextual) menu

would speed up productivity when replacing multiple linked images by allowing users to control-click or right-click on an image to relink files, rather than going to the menu bar every time.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Status bar for when files save

Illustrator will not let you save as if it's saving. You basically get a message that says the file is saving and to try again after the process is complete. Yet there is no status bar, so you have to keep trying (guessing) until it's done. Photoshop at least shows a save status bar and also will do the next task automatically when it's done saving.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. save to cloud documents for illustrator and other apps

Can we please add the function of saving to the adobe cloud documents on apps other than PSD?? Currently after the 2020 update there is a function window that pops up when you click save/save as and it gives you the option to save to the adobe cloud documents, which is great because it saves me from using space on my flash disc memory. However, sadly illustrator does not have this option, it only has the option to save to the creative cloud synced files which is different from cloud documents because synced files still takes up space on your…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Reduce & refine the SVG code that Illustrator exports!

Illustrator creates bloated and messed up SVG code. Please Adobe, make Illustrator so it Exports much cleaner and simpler code.

I'm working with a team of developers and they mock the SVGs I'm giving them. They won't even use many of them, because every single KB matters, and when an SVG file goes from 10KB to 50kb to 100KB, it makes a really REALLY big difference when including in an application or website, so much so, that the developers refuse to use some of my SVGs!

I've attached a script generated SVG (Clean) and the same exact file after being…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adobe Illustrator CC is integrated with InVision Studio. When designing prototypes in Illustrator CC it can be exported directly to InVision

Adobe Illustrator CC is integrated with InVision Studio. When designing prototypes in Illustrator CC it can be exported directly to InVision Studio. Adobe Illustrator supports 100% technology from InVision Studio.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Choose which version of PDF when saving an Illustrator file as .ai with PDF compatibility.

When saving an Illustrator file with PDF compatibility, the default version of Acrobat is 5, (PDF Version 1.4) which creates issues with transparencies, when placing that .ai file into another .ai file for layout.
    I would like to be able to choose which version of Acrobat and PDF to be compatible with when saving an .ai file with PDF compatibility.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Export for Screens in AI should be just like PS's Version

PLEASE make the export for screens function precisely like the one used in Photoshop.

In particular:

(1) it needs to be possible to export at <0.5x, which is currently the upper limit. If I am producing assets for iOS @3x for whatever reason -- say, they include an unscalable PNG from PS for instance -- to produce the 1x asset I need to export @0.33x, which you don't allow, but PS does. (less important but also mind-boggling is why you don't allow upscaling beyond 33.3x.)

(2) The default export option should be to export to the SAME FOLDER IN WHICH…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. spreads

It would be very helpful to be able to make a PDF and set it to "spreads" as you can in InDesign. When designing large display graphics that are made up of individual slices being assembled after printing, it makes proofing more difficult when art boards stay separate pages in the resulting PDF.
    Thanks!
    Page

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Export Symbols

There should be a way to export symbols as png. svg. jpg. etc. In a similar way as the Asset export. Ideally using the name of the symbol.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Import SVG fill-rule="evenodd"

This is a major problem for having SVG look correct.

Please import fill-rule="evenodd" properly. Test case of an "O" that imports incorrectly (as fill-rule="nonzero") without the hole in the middle. Illustrator gets this wrong, but XD imports it properly. Some additional issues:

1. Ref-ing the same mask crashes Illustrator.
    2. Nested masks don't import properly.
    3. Gradient and image transforms and patterns (fit/fill/tile) don't import

<svg width="90" height="90" viewBox="0 0 90 90" version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg&quot; xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
    <title>O</title>
    <use xlink:href="#path1_fill" fill="#C4C4C4"/>
    <defs>
    <path id="path1_fill" fill-rule="evenodd" d="M 67.0157 46.007C 68.8447 34.502 61.8237 24 48.1947 24C 33.9167 24 25.0667 34.03 23.2967 44.945C 21.4677 56.45 28.1347 66.952 42.1767…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have the fix available in the latest release. Please update Illustrator using Adobe Creative Cloud application to the latest build for version Illustrator CC 23.0.
    Please refer to our knowledge base FAQhttps://illustrator.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/1844590 if you face difficulty in update.
    Or get in touch with us at any of the other support channels – https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Warm Regards,
    Ashutosh Chaturvedi | Sr. Quality Engineering Manager – Illustrator
    Adobe. Make It an Experience.

14. Multi page PDF import: needs to respect original document color space

Hi,
    Now when selecting "All" for page range, Illustrator creates a document with default color space, e.g. now CMYK.
    It would be nice if PDF importer was a bit smarter and could check and respect original PDF's color space, and set up the document in Illustrator to match.

E.g. when importing an RGB pdf, it would use RGB color space; and CMYK for CMYK.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Export JPG and PNG with with the option of including or excluding bleed

It would be great to have the feature in the export window (in one of the two attached)

The only way to remove the bleed is to remove document bleed temporarily or remove it manually in Photoshop.

We remove bleed before we add the artwork to our catalogues

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Toggle Off Large Canvas Scaling when Saving as PDF

Any artboards created larger than 227 x 227 inches are changed to a large canvas setting, which adds a scale factor to the canvas. So Illustrator will say a document that is 300 x 300 is actually 30 x 30 and just scaled by 1/10 of the size. This setting causes issues with my printer software where it reads it as a 30 x 30 and not the true size, it is disregarding the scale factor. I have to take these files and chop them up into smaller panels to print them. When I chop them up it is still…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Please restore the DXF import capabilities as it behaved in previous versions up to V25.0.1

In version 25.0.1 and prior, the DXF import command worked, now it does not. Please restore this functionality. Thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Export for screens: remove suffix "-1" in the name

It adds the suffix "-1" when exporting artboards, even if you have the field for "suffixes" empty.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Remember User preference for Responsive SVG / SVGZ

We often need SVG and SVGZ that are NOT responsive to the web area (we need to control the viewable font size for psychometrics purposes).

Illustrator default switches to Responsive being checked after every Illustrator restart. It would be great if every time I restart Illustrator the check box for "Responsive" remembered that I want it UNchecked (our workaround is to create a new SVGZ file immediately after every restart and uncheck the Responsive box, and if we don't remember to do that task our work must be tediously re-exported).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. import autocad layers

when importing a file from autocad, regardless of which version its saved as the layers are not preserved and every object appears as a separate item under 1 layer. What a nightmare. I only purchased Illustrator to present our CAD drawings and it cant even do that properly, waste of money. User interface is logicless and not at all intuitive, totally reliant on youtube tutorial videos and web search solutions.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base