When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Illustrator Macos

Currently Illustrator ues lots of system memory and .performance wise it's not optimized on mac, it doesn't use metal api. why in the world adobe not use metal api... now adobe need to optimize on mac to run faster and doesn't need lots of ram .

I want metal api, run faster open faster ... still slow on imac pro

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. presentation screen mode

Add presentation screen mode, similar to Indesgin

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Illustrator 2020 (version 24.0.3) for MACOS

Now Illustrator 2020 (version 24.0.3) doesn't use Apple Metal API. they just use OPENGL that means gpu performance are slower. why aren't they use Metal API? it's not faster than open gl api? It's very shame that they aren't using a metal api.

smooth. it's smooth because they are not using a apple ui framework. if they use apple ui framework it will run smooth and faster.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable image trace to handle larger illustrations without reducing the line quality to mush

Illustrator's image tracing used to produce perfect quality vector graphics from large and intricate line drawings. As professional illustrators me and my wife are pretty much depended on this feature and are dreading the day our older iMac ceases working (it runs the old illustrator) and we're left with the poor image tracing quality of the current Illustrator. Our career is built around a children's picture book series (20 books so far) and our spreads are loaded with hand drawn line work full of baroque-level amount of detail. Splitting the images to smaller bits for the image tracing to be…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Drag & Drop Appearance

Hi,

Currently, moving individual "Appearance" between objects is a difficult route:
    1. Select the object. Deselect the object.
    2. Display the "Appearance" palette
    3. Delete unnecessary "Appearance"
    4. create a style. with the right Apperance
    5. Select the object.
    6. ALT + Click on the style to add a new Appearance to the existing Appearance of the object.

Whew ....

Can you not create the ability to drag the Appearance?

It would be great and so much more time during work.

Best Regards

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Tools move in tool bar, I need to reset tool bar back to default but then moves again with 2/3 mins of working. Please advise. Thanks.

Tools move in tool bar, I need to reset tool bar back to default but then moves again with 2/3 mins of working. Please advise. Thanks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Illustrator CC 2019 after updating software says it ran out of memory

New version of Illustrator CC 2019 installed, but the software keeps crashing and says not enough RAM to open file or work on the file. But my MAC has enough RAM. ??
    How can this be fixed?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Illustrator CC Problem with iMac 5K Display

The performance of Illustrator CC (whatever version 2015 / 2017 / 2018) is extremely slow. I was talking with Adobe Support via email and they recognized this problem with all Mac Display 5K. it's unbelievable that this kind of thing happens in an application like Illustrator in computers of last generation of Apple. Apple and Adobe were always companies that thought of professional designers. The conclusion of Adobe Support was that they do not know how to solve this problem with 5K iMac displays. The only possible solution is to use Illustrator CS6, a version that is already 7 years…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Less bugs, better perfomance, less bloat: bring back your a team on Illustrator!

On the general course of Adobe (and especially Illustrator and XD)
    :
    - I've been defending Illustrator as a viable alternative to Sketch for screen design for years now within my team. But I am about to give up. Bugs and slow performance make it border unusable and make me look bad!
    - Please put your A-team back on Illustrator (and give it the XD engine) OR move faster with XD (probably the wiser option).
    - On XD: fantastic vector engine, but you guys are getting your *** kicked by Invision Studio (state-to-state hifi prototyping) and Figma (collaboration).

Step it…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hardware Acceleration is not useful for textures...

Hardware acceleration using GPUs does not seem to improve texture rendering performance, for example at 300 dpi or higher raster render quality, the UI lags a lot for complex files.... Same is the case for effects such as blur, glow etc. GPUs are much more capable in rendering than CPUs and Illustrator doesn't seem to take advantage of their rendering power. For example it lags on a GTX 1070 with an 8 thread CPU once you start using raster effects/textures. Please improve texture/raster effect performance using hardware acceleration and optimisation for multithreaded systems.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Shortcut to toggle visibility of Guides Layer

More often than not I use a Guide layer on top of my canvas on multiply, to see the guides and what I'm doing at the same time. With a shortcut there would be no need to open the layers pannel and click the visibility button to preview what I'm doing. There could be a special type of layer that could be hidden on export and have this feature or the shortcut could ask to specify the layer to hide/make visible.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Illustrator for Android

I was not being offhand Adobe when I replied "That will have to do." re: the Illustrator version for Android that we were discussing,I am hoping that the Android version of Illustrator will be as fully versatile as the PC version with just as much ability.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a plugin manager on start up

A simple plugin Manager on start up would be helpful. Maybe hold down the Space bar on Startup that gives you an option to enable or disable, any third party or memory hungry plugins.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Illustrator Feature, Performance Requests

Illustrator 2020 (version 24.0.3) for MACOS

Now Illustrator 2020 (version 24.0.3) doesn't use Apple Metal API. they just use OPENGL that means gpu performance are slower. why aren't they use Metal API? it's not faster than open gl api? It's very shame that they aren't using a metal api.

smooth. it's smooth because they are not using a apple ui framework. if they use apple ui framework it will run smooth and faster.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Remove "Move" limitation from Transform Each & Transform Effect

When moving items via "Transform Each", objects are limited to moving 55.555". However, when moving objects with Move (Object - Transform - Move), no such limitation exists (Issue is prevalent in V24.0.1, 23 & CS6)
    The same limit exists for Transform Effect.
    My request is for the removal of this limitation to allow for accurate artwork creation.

Issue is documented and verified here:
    https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/transform-each-move-limitation/m-p/10904659?page=1#M164826

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. performance

GPU performance. It doesn't use metal api. it need to use metal api so it can run faster... it need to use less memory usage. mostly macbook air and macbook pro 13 inch has 8gb on board system memory, so it need to optimize for that. opening illustrator and file still slow. Adobe need to optimize on MACOS .

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GPU continues to randomly turn only white to black (not inverting!)

an ongoing issue with CC is the random and unprovoked flipping of Black to white on screen. Only the color white does this. This is not a case of color being inverted. It is only white in a file that suddenly turns black and then needs to be closed and reopened to fix.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add image proxy capability for large images

I really like in after effects and premiere how you have the ability to use proxies. I do a lot of large signage and I have to import very large PSD files, illustrator is extremely slow and crashing a lot. I have sort of accepted it as a way of life, saving my files regularly, but it would be nice if large images worked better in illustrator. Maybe something like InDesign would be good. In InDesign you can choose different levels of preview quality. InDesign is wicked fast because of this.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring the "Enhance Thin Lines" On/Off Option Back Again

You have this option on your 2017 version on GPU Performance Tab. On 2018 and 2019 versions, this is not included and it frustrates me as it shows thicker lines instead of actual line thickness.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to Set Scratch Disks on Startup

Our users need to change their Scratch Disk settings from the default Startup to a different drive in order for Illustrator to work correctly in our environment. This is more problematic now since our Mac Pro's have small SSDs. The fact that users have to launch Illustrator, navigate to preferences, change this setting, and then relaunch Illustrator before the Scratch Disk settings take effect is irritating. Unfortunately, in our environment this setting does not stick, so every time our users log in to a different computer they need to make this change.

Please add a feature, similar to Photoshop's OPT…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base