1. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Radeon VII (eGPU) in mac OS Catalina

Allow illustrator GPU performance to support the AMD Radeon VII graphics card in an eGPU enclosure. I use the GPU to accelerate my performance on a larger 5k 32" monitor and it would be really useful if Illustrator could make use of the GPU.

I have attached my current system info. This request follows from a community support request https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/Adobe-Illustrator-CC-2019-slow-amp-not-using-eGPU-radeon-VII-in/m-p/10658436#M147405

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. SLOW

Running a BRAND NEW iMac Pro purchased this week. Almost $10k.
    Even the simplest things like scrolling the workspace causes a lag.
    This is insanely ridiculous that Adobe has not made their software to make use of new hardware. I read the comment below, where your support team said this is not a generic issue that can be replicated. From googling this issue, it has been a problem for over 2 years on all new machines. That is the definition of generic if it is happening to everyone. It happens on all applications that I use, PS, and LR. From…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please give Windows laptop users the basic ability to zoom and pan smoothly with their track pad.

This is one of the most basic features that designers working on laptops need access to. I need to zoom, as well as pan precisely and in any direction I want with my trackpad. I have a multi thousand dollar XPS 15 4K laptop that is specifically made for designers and photographers, yet I am forced to work on my antiquated Macbook Pro from 2012 that has these basic features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. To make responsive resizing tool just as it is in Adobe XD

Making responsive resizing tool just as it is in Adobe XD would be very useful for all kinds of design and not just UI/UX design.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable image trace to handle larger illustrations without reducing the line quality to mush

Illustrator's image tracing used to produce perfect quality vector graphics from large and intricate line drawings. As professional illustrators me and my wife are pretty much depended on this feature and are dreading the day our older iMac ceases working (it runs the old illustrator) and we're left with the poor image tracing quality of the current Illustrator. Our career is built around a children's picture book series (20 books so far) and our spreads are loaded with hand drawn line work full of baroque-level amount of detail. Splitting the images to smaller bits for the image tracing to be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. GPU continues to randomly turn only white to black (not inverting!)

an ongoing issue with CC is the random and unprovoked flipping of Black to white on screen. Only the color white does this. This is not a case of color being inverted. It is only white in a file that suddenly turns black and then needs to be closed and reopened to fix.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Start up area

Why can't we edit what is the choices in this area?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add image proxy capability for large images

I really like in after effects and premiere how you have the ability to use proxies. I do a lot of large signage and I have to import very large PSD files, illustrator is extremely slow and crashing a lot. I have sort of accepted it as a way of life, saving my files regularly, but it would be nice if large images worked better in illustrator. Maybe something like InDesign would be good. In InDesign you can choose different levels of preview quality. InDesign is wicked fast because of this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ai CC 2019 Lagging and Slow down

I'm using a Windows 10 OS. Whenever I try to launch or close the Adobe Illustrator CC 2019, It became laggy and slow. How to solve this issue?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. zoom in/out percentage scroll bar

Please add zoom in/out percentage scroll bar back to navigator . Illustrator 6 has it and both Photoshop 6 and cloud have it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Illustrator CC 23.0.1 keeps reopening after closing a file

After I close out a file in Illustrator a blank window pops up ready to make another file. Very irritating. If I wanted to start another file I would open it manually. Otherwise I have to close out the new window to do some other task on my computer. How do I make it stop opening back up??Attached is the window that keeps popping up.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Illustrator freezes with creating new document

A few times when I opened the new Illustrator 2019 on Mac, Mojave, it freezes and is still buggy after the latest update. When I open Illustrator after quitting the application, or even the first time after restart, it literally gets stuck on either the home screen, but also when I choose "new file" from the home screen's quick create section. A new file will open, but I can't do anything. The Interface freezes and I have to "force quit" Illustrator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Lag from Adobe Draw to Desktop application in Mac

There is a lag from Adobe Draw App (on the iPad) to Desktop application in Mac. It is seamless from Ipad to Microsoft. I have to restart my Mac to get the transfer working. It is a pain as I am between tasks, to have to close all my files to restart the applications. Please look into it, appreciate it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make circles round again please please please!!!

Check my video and try it yourself. Amazing is it not?

---> draw a circle, set coordinates straight, copy and paste in place, rotate any degree from the middle, zoom in, tadaaaaaa... flawless accuracy adobe!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shortcut Customization like Corel

Time Saving Shortcut Customization like Corel. There are so many extra steps you have to take instead of being able to create your own shortcut keys. Align/Distribute is just one of many.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Illustrator CC often crash if GPU Performance is enabled on Macbook Pro Touch Bar 2016

Actually, turn it off will solve the issue, but sluggish zoom in/out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Illustrator is full of bugs, what is happening?

I've never experience such poor performance, it took me more than 3 days to complete a simple logo because Illustrator is extremely slow, full of bugs, pixelated vector, invisible layers wont go invisible, crashing without saving even when I have saved my preferences to save files when crash occur. Indesign has been giving some issues too but I didn't really had the time to deal with the app to figure it out more. I just wish Illustrator would work smoothly every time I work on it, is extremely painful to waste all that time trying to figure it out what…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. acceleration for hardware with nvidia 550M

please support for nvidia GTX 550M in theory my graphic card is support but adobe illustrator does not recognize it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Path selection sensitivity in Illustrator

You've finally made the node & anchor point sizes adjustable - HURRAY! However now when trying to directly select a path, i instead have to click on an area NEAR it but not ON it, so as not to pick up the other nearby paths. Furthermore, instead of being able to click in a blank area and drag my selection tool to pick up the paths Id like, it picks up everything near enough to where I've clicked in that blank space. It NEVER used to do that. Ive tried adjusting all the settings to no avail. its like now…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base