Illustrator Feature Requests

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix it so that it isn't so laggy and so that keyboard shortcuts work (on a Mac)

Fix Illustrator so that on a Mac the performance isn't so slow and laggy that I can count to 13 before menus drop down, and I end redoing so many things because the lag caused me to overclock. Keyboard shortcuts don't work either, 99% of the time. Used to be great software, but now it is almost unusable. It's lack of performance ate up at last 65% of my work time. It takes hours now because of lag time to do something that would have taken 30 minutes in vision 2018 and earlier. I have no lag or performance issues…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. separate marquee tool to object and path selection marquee.

also, use shift to only ADD and alt to only REMOVE objects with ALL selection tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Illustrator 2020 performance significantly slow/sluggish -

Sorry, can't recommend upgrade of 2020 to my colleagues. I work for a large Engineering firm and we have powerful computers. We have critical deadlines for Q4-2019 - Upgrading to 2020 will be a big mistake as it will cause delay to our projects and stress to the members .
    Saving files takes too long, copying takes system long to process - pasting is fine. Adding text is ridiculously taking forever and it creates its own textbox size - It feels like going back to AI CS6.

Suggest to review what you had for AI 2019- this was one of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update links manually

Illustrator is constantly reading linked files, checking for changes. This is normally not a problem, but when the network is slow for any reason (like if you're working remotely over VPN) AI becomes unusable. Simple text changes become an ordeal as every time you switch tools or click anywhere, you have to wait for a minute or two as the links do... whatever they're doing. A simple panel-level option to turn off automatic link updates would make working remotely (which some say is the way of the future) much less painful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. New version is very slow

Very slow this new version.

Selecting several items and move the canvas by hand is not working on not stable

Older verion was bette!!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. multicore useage

I'm surprised to see that AI doesn't take advantage of multiple-cores. Can we do something about this? Even viewing in wireframe mode doesn't seem to speed things up by much. Or perhaps AI can take better advantage of the GPU??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In InDesign 2020, the new simplication path features doesn't smooth the path perfectly

There are 73 points in the three closed path.
    The plugin called VectorFirstAid could clean it smartly to reduce the nodes number.
    See attached AI with the comparison of performance between Illustrator new features and VectorFirstAid Performance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fix Tabbing in Transform Palette

Fix tabbing through the Transform palette so when keying-in numbers and tabbing through, the numbers don’t randomly change (this is a bug).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. AI 2020 slow

I am working on a 2017 iMac pro with an 18 core Intel Xeon W processor, 128 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 memory and a Radeon Pro Vega 64 GPU (16 GB memory). I just (November 5, 2019) updated to AI 2020 and everything is significantly slower than the last version of AI 2019 (yes, GPU enhancement settings are on). I purchased AI CS because it had the GPU enhancement and it was 64-bit allowing me to work with the rather large vector images produced during my data analysis from spacecraft. However, this slow down is like going back to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Illustrator version 23.1 won't launch

Illustrator version 23.1 will not launch after initial opening upon install. On Windows 10 64 bit. It also will not start in safe mode. I uninstalled that version and went back to 23.0.6 and it seems to works fine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can not move object

I can not move selecting object by mouse. When i try to move, there is always sound 'do-ding'. But, when I move it by keyboard and stretch object, it can. What should I do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Linked images opening in Photoshop by accident

Especially big files (exhibition walls etc.) operate so slowly that it often happens by accident that linked images open in Photoshop - although no double-click on the photo ever happened. I'd like to be able to turn off the image opening by double-click. If I want to edit images, I do this via the links panel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support for Radeon VII (eGPU) in mac OS Catalina

Allow illustrator GPU performance to support the AMD Radeon VII graphics card in an eGPU enclosure. I use the GPU to accelerate my performance on a larger 5k 32" monitor and it would be really useful if Illustrator could make use of the GPU.

I have attached my current system info. This request follows from a community support request https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/Adobe-Illustrator-CC-2019-slow-amp-not-using-eGPU-radeon-VII-in/m-p/10658436#M147405

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Settings

Good day. My problem is that I worked for a very long time in Adobe Photoshop (cs3,4,5,6, cc). But Ai surprised me - to make a backup of the workspace I have to go to AppData / Roaming / Adobe / Illustrator etc and make a copy of the folder, because when I open a new document, I get a completely different space. (Export/import settings do not help) Why can’t you transfer the settings to the program, and not to the open document? Every time I do as I feel comfortable and every time I reduce the Tool panel, because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hide Grid on Perspective Tool

The "hide grid" function is so frustrating to select. Can it be larger or the target area around it be bigger?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A number of my panels will not open - e.g.: when I click to expand the character panel, all I get below is a black box.

Many of my panels still open as they should. However, I'm having this problem with the info, character, paragraph, properties, stroke and align panels. Any help on what could fix it would be greatly appreciated? I've searched on the adobe support community and google and no one else seems to be having this problem. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. transform again tool glitch

In Adobe Illustrator, I use the transform again tool a lot during my day to day and seemingly recently, it hasn’t been affecting live or outlined type* when it will affect any other regular object. Has anyone come across this on their own or know how to fix it? It will continue to transform the text if you scale up or down as well repeating moves but when scaling objects to certain sizes using the guides and then replicating the same growth on the text object doesn’t work.

I’ve tried ungrouping, releasing the compound path, tried intersecting the shapes, the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shape fill colour and path not aligned in GPU view

When GPU view is turned on (which is often necessary as Illustrator now runs so slowly in CPU), the fill colour of objects isn't completely aligned to the path. This makes it extremely difficult when working with anchors. It is only an appearance issue and is resolved when you switch to CPU view, however could this be resolved in GPU?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. gradiant

If i use a gradient, the scrubby zoom is not allowed. Please fix it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base