1. Description
  2. Why is this valuable to you?
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

178 results found

1. Make Layer / Link Thumbnails a Workspace / Application-Level Preference

I switch off all Layer, Link and Transparency thumbnails to improve viewing performance in complex documents, but I have to do this for EVERY customer file opened.

With the option to have my saved Workspace over-ride the viewing preference saved in each document, all files would open to the user's preferred setup.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Illustrator CC 23.0.1 keeps reopening after closing a file

After I close out a file in Illustrator a blank window pops up ready to make another file. Very irritating. If I wanted to start another file I would open it manually. Otherwise I have to close out the new window to do some other task on my computer. How do I make it stop opening back up??Attached is the window that keeps popping up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lag from Adobe Draw to Desktop application in Mac

There is a lag from Adobe Draw App (on the iPad) to Desktop application in Mac. It is seamless from Ipad to Microsoft. I have to restart my Mac to get the transfer working. It is a pain as I am between tasks, to have to close all my files to restart the applications. Please look into it, appreciate it!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. crashed and erased my project file? from two hard drives?

Just letting you know I just updated AI and it just crashed and the project file I was working on (that I had saved to two separate external hard drives) is nowhere to be found now, it didn't show up in my recent files and now I have searched where it was saved on both hard drives and it is completely gone. Awesome. So I guess my request is that if illustrator crashes make it to where it at least doesn't delete the project completely, and autosave backup would be nice but I'd really rather not have to start projects…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. selective display of graphic elements

When working with large files for large prints, we often run with slow-down issues due to having many vectorized images and transparency modes. Normally one knows who is the culprit and it would be nice to be able to select some sort of 'low-res' representation of the heavy graphics so it does not slow down the machine so much.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shortcut Customization like Corel

Time Saving Shortcut Customization like Corel. There are so many extra steps you have to take instead of being able to create your own shortcut keys. Align/Distribute is just one of many.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Illustrator is full of bugs, what is happening?

I've never experience such poor performance, it took me more than 3 days to complete a simple logo because Illustrator is extremely slow, full of bugs, pixelated vector, invisible layers wont go invisible, crashing without saving even when I have saved my preferences to save files when crash occur. Indesign has been giving some issues too but I didn't really had the time to deal with the app to figure it out more. I just wish Illustrator would work smoothly every time I work on it, is extremely painful to waste all that time trying to figure it out what…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. acceleration for hardware with nvidia 550M

please support for nvidia GTX 550M in theory my graphic card is support but adobe illustrator does not recognize it

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Path selection sensitivity in Illustrator

You've finally made the node & anchor point sizes adjustable - HURRAY! However now when trying to directly select a path, i instead have to click on an area NEAR it but not ON it, so as not to pick up the other nearby paths. Furthermore, instead of being able to click in a blank area and drag my selection tool to pick up the paths Id like, it picks up everything near enough to where I've clicked in that blank space. It NEVER used to do that. Ive tried adjusting all the settings to no avail. its like now…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better performance over networks by automatically copying files locally...

We store all our files on a network drive. Now I know that illustrator performance improves if I copy the network files locally before opening them in illustrator, but this is a major pain because I have to copy them back afterwards and if there are linked assets involved it becomes too much having to verify that all the links are pointing to the correct location.

It would be nice if AI had an option to do this copying automatically so that all non-local files that are opened are copied first into a temporary local directory and then saved back…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. assign key short cuts to change Constrain angle in prefs

I would like to see access to Doc prefs via short cuts / actions. So for example when i press F3 i change constrain angle to 30 degrees. Currently use a keyboard macro make for this but its not very good. In general if we could access more things via shortcuts and actions it would make work flows more efficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Adobe Please Update Image Trace

Totally understand the business aspects of focusing on tools which have the most users. However Image Trace appears stuck in a time warp, and not moving forward. May be stretching but with the AI, ML tools Image Trace should be far more capable than the current form. The inability to distinguish lines in an image is of concern. You should be able to draw more interest to take raster drawings to the next level with Illustrator. Has been almost 24 years when this was released. Definitely time to take to the next level.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Illustrator doesn't let me use 3D objects and it automatically closes every time I want to use that option

When I installed Illustrator files from the Adobe Materials website to use with 3D objects, it stopped working, when I try to select something and convert it to 3D, Illustrator automatically closes. I already reinstalled the program but it's still the same. How do I be able to use it again?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please improve the functionality of the files when multiple artboards are designed and the design is complex in nature.

Illustrator is hanging or freezing when complex path designs are being designed or multiple dartboards are designed in a single file.
    I am using a MacBook Pro M2 Chip which is known for its processing and still facing so much issues with heavy and complex files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. AMD RADEON Chipset Support Request

AMD RADEON Support Request

Thank you to our development team for your hard work.
    We would very much appreciate AMD RADEON support for Adobe Illustrator
    We would appreciate it if you could support AMD RADEON in future updates of Adobe Illustrator,
    We would very much appreciate it if you could support AMD RADEON in future updates of Adobe Illustrator.

Thank you very much for your cooperation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. AMD RADEONのグラフィックボードのサポートと、メモリの割り当て機能追加のリクエスト

Afinity Designer2.1.1と、Adobe Illustrator 27.8.1のパフォーマンスの違いを、複数のアートボードがある、.ai ファイルを開いて検証した所、
    圧倒的な速さでファイルを開けるAfinity Designerに対して、1分以上遅く元祖Illustratorは開きました。

いつまでもNVIDIAのグラボしかサポートせず、RADEONは対応していない点や、メモリ割り当て機能が存在しない為、パフォーマンスが、劇的に落ちています。

Adobe Illustratorは、Adobe製品の中でも、「要」のアプリケーションです。そのソフトウェアを、最適化して更にパフォーマンスを高速化出来なければ、効率の良い業務がいつになっても出来ません。

パフォーマンスが遅くて、未だに完全に試していない機能もいくつかございます。

Mac OS Xも発売当初、ユーザーから、パフォーマンス!パフォーマンス!と猛烈にリクエストされて、現在に至るわけですから、御社も「要」のソフトウェアの更なるパフォーマンス向上をリクエスト申し上げます。

以上、宜しくお願い申し上げます。

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Performance... GPU Performance - Second Check Box - CPU Default

Mac GPU still does not work correctly all the time. Until it does, there should be a Second Check box for GPU Performance.

there are times that the GPU is better, but most of the time it's completely glitchy. Until that's fixed we should have a CHECK BOX for DEFAULT to CPU.

Currently GPU Checked forces it to be on first. If uncheck you can not switch it without going into preferences.

It's a little thing but until this can be fixed, this is a better workflow... it might be good to keep even after it's fixed too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Adobe illustrator is running slow for no reason

I have been using adobe illustrator for more than a year on my vurrent laptop and i never had problems (acer nitro 517-52 GTX1650Ti I5). I have updated my graphic drivers and illustrator too. I know i am using more and more fonts over the time. But since adobe illustrator crashed yesterday i doesnt stop lagging. When i am constantly zomming in and out with alt and middle mouse button its crashes in less than 5 sc and crash after placing down 5 rectangles in like 30 sc. My document size is 2000 by 2000 mm and i also tried…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Speed up Redraw with All Thumbnail Options on One Button

Switching off thumbnails for improved draw speed means switching various options and locations to get the layer, object and transparency thumbs all switched off. Working many customer files per day this is a drag.

Please put them all on one "thumbs" radio button with options for all-on, all-off, or custom preference, so I can get my work done faster.

Make this an application preference rather than document preference to save me even more time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Non destructive edits like smart objects example puppet warp

Non destructive edits like smart objects example puppet warp, currently it is destructive. how nice would it be for the original to still be there like photoshop smart objects ? !

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base